Read 4237 times

Re: Flashing/"Burberry man"/ What's considered assault?
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2020, 10:37:35 am »
no. you didn't lie. you're probably wrong (i definitely think so), but anyway you didn't lie.

(and for the record... someone conflated one chamber, the house of representatives, with the entire congress (which is both the house and the senate). the whole congress is the branch of government, so of course the house alone wouldn't be co-equal to another branch)
In terms of lawmaking and such it's more of a triumvirate of the House-Senate-Exec. SCOTUS often is not involved.

Anyways its kind of a semantic argument over a general point- The House has significant powers and responsibilities. They aren't some helpless sidelined entity and they can't be absolved of significant responsibility.

« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2020, 10:38:03 am »
Full Metal Jacket is a REALLY dark comedy. Prove me wrong.

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2020, 10:39:53 am »
So what started off as thread to discuss ...Init?

Mods!!!  .

Ronnie is trying to rail this thread back into good order! Stop him!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:10:09 am by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2020, 10:41:25 am »
Hahaha, DMart trying to imply he's done time  (a holding cell) totally reminds me of George Costanza trying to be the bad boy in The Little Kicks. 
A night in holding is not doing time. Only mentioned it because someone mentioned it being illegal. Anyways lets leave that behind.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2020, 10:41:49 am »
After you watched, and I can't imagine not liking, Apocalypse Now try and find Hearts of Darkness, the documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now.  That'll give you a whole other level of appreciation for Martin Sheen's hotel scene where he's losing it.  It wasn't acting.

I have the double disc Blu-Ray and the second disc is just HOD. Yeah, Martin Sheen was super unhinged back then.  Had a god damn coronary making this movie, literally.

Now this is getting REAL off topic, but I went to Toronto Int Film Fest, years back and they showed Apocalypse Now with Walter Murch in attendance.

Who is he? He's the editor of Apocalypse Now. He also invented 5.1 surround sound, of which AN was the first to be mixed in this new "surround" format.

I asked him a question after the movie and it had to do with how much film they had after shooting for years. He said they did the math and they had collectively shot 450km of film that they had to sift through to edit.

For reference, the drive from Seoul to Busan is 400km.

Holy shit.
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2020, 10:46:27 am »
No it is not assault. It is breaking and entering and indecent exposure.
If he is between her and the door, it's assault.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2020, 10:51:14 am »
I have the double disc Blu-Ray and the second disc is just HOD. Yeah, Martin Sheen was super unhinged back then.  Had a god damn coronary making this movie, literally.

Now this is getting REAL off topic, but I went to Toronto Int Film Fest, years back and they showed Apocalypse Now with Walter Murch in attendance.

Who is he? He's the editor of Apocalypse Now. He also invented 5.1 surround sound, of which AN was the first to be mixed in this new "surround" format.

I asked him a question after the movie and it had to do with how much film they had after shooting for years. He said they did the math and they had collectively shot 450km of film that they had to sift through to edit.

For reference, the drive from Seoul to Busan is 400km.

Holy shit.
why did they shoot so much? how many hours is that? how much is usual to shoot for a film?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2020, 10:51:36 am »
Wait, is this slowly becoming the "Thread For Pointless Ramblings?"

hahahaha

« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2020, 10:56:34 am »
why did they shoot so much? how many hours is that? how much is usual to shoot for a film?

Play a record.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2020, 11:15:05 am »
The production was really chaotic and with the weather in the Philippines, and the director (Francis Ford Coppola [Godfather Trilogy, The Conversation]) having a breakdown in health and mind, and just everything going wrong. So many takes, so much shit going south.

You have to understand that the guy was nominated for

1972: Godfather: Best Screenplay (Won), Best Director (Nom)

In the same year (1974), at the 47th Academy Awards, FFC won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay for Godfather Part II. But that's not all, he was also nominated for Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay for The Conversation.

This guy was on top of the world. When Bong Joonho won this year, it kind of me reminded me of 1974, one dude just raking in the statues.

The pressure for him to make a movie that was good............... .. I can't even imagine. He flipped the whole studio system on its head. Easy Rider made it known that private financing and a self produced movie could work. FFC has always been the artsy type and know one believed that Godfather would be anything. The producers wanted to fire him so many times.

He took forever because he could. He had the money and the time to do it HIS WAY.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:17:43 am by CO2 »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2020, 11:36:27 am »
The production was really chaotic and with the weather in the Philippines, and the director (Francis Ford Coppola [Godfather Trilogy, The Conversation]) having a breakdown in health and mind, and just everything going wrong. So many takes, so much shit going south.

You have to understand that the guy was nominated for

1972: Godfather: Best Screenplay (Won), Best Director (Nom)

In the same year (1974), at the 47th Academy Awards, FFC won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay for Godfather Part II. But that's not all, he was also nominated for Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay for The Conversation.

This guy was on top of the world. When Bong Joonho won this year, it kind of me reminded me of 1974, one dude just raking in the statues.

The pressure for him to make a movie that was good............... .. I can't even imagine. He flipped the whole studio system on its head. Easy Rider made it known that private financing and a self produced movie could work. FFC has always been the artsy type and know one believed that Godfather would be anything. The producers wanted to fire him so many times.

He took forever because he could. He had the money and the time to do it HIS WAY.
all right then, i'll let him off

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2020, 11:44:27 am »
all right then, i'll let him off