Read 10420 times

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
Anyways.  I call this an assault not only because he came in and jacked off in my room, but because he was watching us (the lady in the villa next to mine and I shower).  We both lived on the first floor and he would watch us shower through our bathroom windows.  To me that is an assault.

This is not an assault to you....????The police confirmed her testimony (she saw a man in a suit peeping at her through her windows as well) and saw him watching her while she was showering...and mine as well.  I had told you guys that he was watching us shower as well!

We had to go into the police station 3 times as well as my school's principal.  It was a huge thing !  They made the owner of the villa install bars.  You guys are too much.  Honestly the worst.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:27:28 pm by dippedinblush »

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
If a woman feels she was assaulted, she was assaulted, and what gives you the right, as a white male, to say otherwise?

Oh gosh, you again, you old goat!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
If a woman feels she was assaulted, she was assaulted, and what gives you the right, as a white male, to say otherwise?

This is me,replying to Stoat's comment. I have waited for his comment to appear, I am putting the cursor DIRECTLY BELOW EVERYTHING that he wrote.

UNDER the Bracket quote Bracket
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

Wow I got to this late and uhm, where to start? Well, we've had a bunch of diagrams posted on waygook.org of late and all I can say is that kyndo certainly takes the prize for penmanship and craft (sorry CO2 and dippedinblush). I feel at this point almost like the three of you guys could form some kind of cartoon junior crimestoppers club out of the treehouse and go around solving the odd crimes of Korea.

As for assault and things, while it may or may not be assault, if it is something that in turn I'd assault someone over if they did it to one of my friends/family, well then I guess that's close enough.

I don't know many guys who'd go with a name like dippedinblush.
The fact that some people didn't notice that or attach any significance to it, really makes you wonder about their ability to analyze and interpret various things, both personally and in the news. Now, one should be careful not to assume things, because there are always exceptions, but that should at least have been at least something to note. Of course, one could be male (or female) and a blush wine enthusiast. On the other hand dippedinbase, while a somewhat unusual cosmetic-oriented female-leaning name (not sure anyone would make base a point of identity), would likely be a male right-wing user in 2020. Either that or basedcowboy decided to roll out a new identity and come in strong.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
the fact that some people didn't notice that or attach any significance to it, really makes you wonder about their ability to analyze and interpret various things, both personally and in the news.

The fact that people seem to be claiming you can get some kind of definitive truth from the names people call themselves on an anonymous internet forum, makes you wonder about their ability to understand human psychology.  Mr De Martino - obviously an italian guy, right?

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
The fact that people seem to be claiming you can get some kind of definitive truth from the names people call themselves on an anonymous internet forum, makes you wonder about their ability to understand human psychology.  Mr De Martino - obviously an italian guy, right?
Ethnicity is a lot less evident than gender, it seems. Mr.DeMartino, theman3285, etc.

Though to be fair, I thought Ronnie Omelettes was a bloke for the longest time. Even when she declared ownership of a 1000cc Kia Morning  :laugh:

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
I don't know many guys who'd go with a name like dippedinblush. And for the record I had no problem believing this story.

This went from the best thread ever to just downright awkward, thanks to the door brigade.

Hey, I'm just saying, if you lock your door then sex offenders can't get in and knock one out behind your fridge.

There is a dedicated function for this on most electronic keypads these days. And again, I said this before it was explained that DIB used a lock and key door. I also spoke with DIB about locking the door and her response was about this being an educating moment of her life as she grew up leaving doors open.

Initially I questioned the story as it seemed incredibly 'out there' but this is Korea so anything goes, right? If DIB says it happened, even if dubious, should be given the benefit of doubt.

As for the 'assault' thing. Yeah, it's not assault, it's a sex offence. Lewd behaviour, yeah. Trespassing, yeah. Assault, sorry no. As much as you want it to be redefined. Words have meanings. In the criminal sphere, assault (I think battery in the US? UK doesn't really use that term) involves physical contact. To you, it feels like an assault, and that is totally fine, it's your experience. However when you start involving other people, especially the cops. The correct terms need to be used for an accurate report of the event.

I refute the door brigade claim.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
I could understand how this particular story could be amusing, but I think it's kinda shitty to laugh at someone being assaulted.  Its actually a really scary and humiliating thing to have happen to you.
Assaulted?

I think someone breaking into your house and spanking his monkey is an assault.
I mean, you can think that, but in both the regular and legal sense of the word you're wrong.

That's... that's just not how reality works, bud. It'd be completely understandable if she said that she felt assaulted, I'd probably feel assaulted in that situation too. But she was not literally assaulted.

Anyways.  I call this an assault not only because he came in and jacked off in my room, but because he was watching us (the lady in the villa next to mine and I shower).  We both lived on the first floor and he would watch us shower through our bathroom windows.  To me that is an assault.

This is not an assault to you....????The police confirmed her testimony (she saw a man in a suit peeping at her through her windows as well) and saw him watching her while she was showering...and mine as well.  I had told you guys that he was watching us shower as well!

We had to go into the police station 3 times as well as my school's principal.  It was a huge thing !  They made the owner of the villa install bars.  You guys are too much.  Honestly the worst.
That's voyeurism (and, if he's done it multiple times, stalking). I guess you could it's an assault on your privacy.

tl;dr definitions matter. Just say that you felt assaulted, or it was an assault on your privacy/dignity/whatever, but don't try to pretend a word means something it doesn't.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
That's... that's just not how reality works, bud. It'd be completely understandable if she said that she felt assaulted, I'd probably feel assaulted in that situation too. But she was not literally assaulted.
Stoat was taking the piss out of "off-the-deep-end leftists," btw.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more

If dippedinblush feels they were assaulted, then it was an assault! Can people please stop trying to invalidate other people's feelings? It happened to dippedinblush, they know how they feel about it! End of!

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
oh colburnn you were so close. assault doesn't require contact (in the US), whereas battery does. so yes, words have meaning. it turns out they're context dependent though  :cry:

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Stoat was taking the piss out of "off-the-deep-end leftists," btw.

My apologies to Stoat then - I'm a bit new here, so it's hard to tell when people are being serious or not without a /s thrown in somewhere!

oh colburnn you were so close. assault doesn't require contact (in the US), whereas battery does. so yes, words have meaning. it turns out they're context dependent though  :cry:

You were nearly there too.  "The basic principle behind all degrees of assault is that you intended to make someone fear that you will harm or injure them. The act of causing someone to fear bodily harm is enough to support a fifth-degree assault charge." 

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea

I'm not American (Thank God) so not aware of the language you use in this area. I said that in my post. Thanks for the education Xi.

The fact remains you cannot call something something just because it's what you feel it to be. (Edit: You can but that's not you living in reality) Things have an actual definition, (maybe not the locked, doubled locked, lockeded, lockedereddd - Kyndo)  especially when it comes to criminal procedure.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:32:21 am by Colburnnn »
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: The meanings behind a name / word
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2020, 08:52:59 am »
Ethnicity is a lot less evident than gender, it seems. Mr.DeMartino, theman3285, etc.

Though to be fair, I thought Ronnie Omelettes was a bloke for the longest time. Even when she declared ownership of a 1000cc Kia Morning  :laugh:
Oh.

I may have to revise my mental image of Ronnie Omelette: she may not be sitting in an empty classroom in a tweed jacket, smoking a pipe, and listening to speed metal after all.  :sad:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2020, 08:56:27 am »
The United States Department of Justice defines sexual assault as "any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape."

This is the word that is sticky. Seems like a pretty wide swath. Like, is "Hey, baby nice ass" *blows kiss* from a passing stranger sexual assault?

PERSONALLY, I don't think so. I don't want to wade into the case of DIB, she can define it how she likes, but there has to be a gradation for this. At least by degrees. We have degrees for murder and "regular" assault.

I always think of two examples with this.

Person A: I was sexually assaulted behind a dumpster by two men after I left a house party. (Rape.)

Person B: I was sexually assaulted, too.  A man said I had nice **** at a sports bar.

Like, clearly one is worse than the other.

We need gradations so judges have clear guidelines on punishments. A Fifth degree charge (rape) would have punishments of X to Y years, while a first degree charge (grabbing someone's ass at a bar) would carry........... whatever, that can be discussed, but CLEARLY, one is worse than the other, there's absolutely no discussing that.

Both guys are creeps, both deserve punishment. But I'm a firm believer in minimum sentencing and legal precedents.

EDIT: First degree is worse, fifth is less severe. Flip my examples.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:58:27 am by CO2 »

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2020, 08:56:45 am »
CO2 found a pretty good definition. I may be wrong on this one.

The United States Department of Justice defines sexual assault as "any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape."

This is the word that is sticky. Seems like a pretty wide swath. Like, is "Hey, baby nice ass" *blows kiss* from a passing stranger sexual assault?

PERSONALLY, I don't think so. I don't want to wade into the case of DIB, she can define it how she likes, but there has to be a gradation for this. At least by degrees. We have degrees for murder and "regular" assault.

I always think of two examples with this.

Person A: I was sexually assaulted behind a dumpster by two men after I left a house party. (Rape.)

Person B: I was sexually assaulted, too.  A man said I had nice **** at a sports bar.

Like, clearly one is worse than the other.

We need gradations so judges have clear guidelines on punishments. A Fifth degree charge (rape) would have punishments of X to Y years, while a first degree charge (grabbing someone's ass at a bar) would carry........... whatever, that can be discussed, but CLEARLY, one is worse than the other, there's absolutely no discussing that.

Both guys are creeps, both deserve punishment. But I'm a firm believer in minimum sentencing and legal precedents.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2020, 09:10:32 am »

Like, is "Hey, baby nice ass" *blows kiss* from a passing stranger sexual assault?

Just popping in to say that the missing comma there makes it sound like you're saying "hey" to someone named Baby Nice Ass, and that makes me giggle.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2020, 09:13:09 am »
Just popping in to say that the missing comma there makes it sound like you're saying "hey" to someone named Baby Nice Ass, and that makes me giggle.

That was my name in college. hahaha but, yeah, it should read;

Hey, baby. Nice ass.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 09:18:44 am »
You were nearly there too.  "The basic principle behind all degrees of assault is that you intended to make someone fear that you will harm or injure them. The act of causing someone to fear bodily harm is enough to support a fifth-degree assault charge." 

uhhhhh i was there. 100% my point was that it doesn't require contact. idk where you think you got me

I'm not American (Thank God) so not aware of the language you use in this area.

yes you've made it clear that you're not aware. i guess you also think the american legal definition is irrelevant here

and @CO2 are you suggesting that rapists and people who commit sexual harassment in the workplace are being treated the same? i assume that's not what you're saying but that's what it seems like... obviously the sentencing/punishment is different depending on the crime. and i don't think anyone would disagree that one of those is clearly worse than the other