Read 10400 times

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
Re: Flashing/"Burberry man"/ What's considered assault?
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2020, 08:55:18 am »
Comment branches within threads would fix ALL of these issues.
make waygook reddit again

Left and Right. You, Gators and twatface are left on this one.
the stages i went through, trying to figure out if i'm "twatface" :undecided::sad::laugh::-*

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2020, 08:57:16 am »
make waygook reddit again

No upvotes or downvotes, though. haha
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2020, 08:59:50 am »
...as a Canadian...
Take your excuses to that other forum thread! CO2 is right to insist on some consistency and adherence to propriety from our exalted mods. :angel:
Is that ....a hamburger pannekoek? With a dill pickle?
Whattt !
How dare you! You... Canuck!?  :sad:
I think you misread my comment: I was accusing CO2 of being a Canadian ( :shocked:), and that I find his lack of logographical wishy-washiness disturbing.

Oh, and by the way, it's no longer spelled "pannekoek". Back in the 90s they changed it to "pannenkoek". Now it's only those dirty Saffer boeren that still spell it the old way.  :smiley:

P.S.  Kyndo has the cutest handwriting of any 5th or 6th grader I've ever seen.....kkkk

I, uh... hmm. Thank you?

KYNDO... how about making "Your best tried and true breakfast recipes" You can use my name again if you want to and I will endorse it.  hehe:D
My typical tried-and-true breakfast is half a litre of coffee and a handful of jellybeans that I can munch while I run.
   However, I *do* occasionally make pancakes (the correct way: none of that flapjack heresy!) for lunch and dinner.

Recipe:
   - 250ml flour (any sort will do)
   - 300ml milk
   - pinch of salt
   - a bit of baking powder
   - 2 eggs
   - a shot of oil (batter becomes better with butter, but I'm bitter 'bout blending butter. So oil it is)
   - a dash or 2 or 3 of vanilla. I like vanilla, so I go for 3.
   - 50ml brown sugar (I don't usually do this, but it's traditional).

-adjust ratio of milk to flour depending how first pancake turns out. If you really like super-thin crepe-style pancakes, maybe use only 1 egg (makes 'em difficult to flip, though).

- Mix wet ingredients.
   - Mix dry ingredients. Add to former.
   - Whisk for a bit, then pour in frying pan. The rest you (ought) to know.
   - Makes about 6 or 7. Smakelijk eten!

- I usually have a bowl of costco's mixed berries and a bowl of their frozen chopped mangos partially thawed on the counter. Plunk a pancake on a plate, scoop one or the other in, and roll 'em up. I've made chopped and fried apple/cinnamon/brown sugar/butter filling before, which is great, but takes effort...
Anyway, my SO drowns them in maple syrup and whipped cream, but I just dump powdered sugar on them (which I make by blending the crap out of regular sugar).

- I also sometimes make them with cheese (cheddar, or gouda, or edam all work a-ok, thinly sliced and put on the pancake to melt as soon as you've flipped it), but I get weird looks when I do. Weirdos wouldn't know delicious if it bit them.  >:(

Ok! So, from now on I'm starting every new thread with one of your hi-jacked comments, if that's alright with you!

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2020, 09:00:18 am »
Finally, someone mentioned this...

So....

This had me thinking yesterday evening as I was out walking.  Just musing out loud, but isn't that kind of inevitable that a site like this, as life in general has its cliques.  Part of human nature is that people are naturally drawn together by common interests, in real life and online.  So, this site is no different in that respect.  An example, Titus Groan would post some of his lovely music in the music thread and there are a number of people who feel an affinity to that music so there is a connection which would slowly be a 'clique'.  And over time, that affinity grows.  Also, people on here are away from their home countries and in some cases they don't have any foreigner interaction because of their location, so being on here is a way to form a connection and common bond with others, which is natural.  And I suppose over time, those become 'cliques'.   I don't really see anything here that would make this place unapproachable.  I find most here very friendly and helpful, but any disputes are kind of natural.  Not having a go OnNut  :-* it just got me thinking. 

No, I agree that it is a natural progression.  But, along with that natural progression there tends to come a circle the wagons type of dynamic and some new, and perhaps contentious voices will get pushed aside.  What is comfortable shoot the sh*t also tends to become a bit staid in my opinion.  It's like when I worked at this one hakwan years ago and we became a largely tight group where several of us still keep up and even meet up with people now in five countries and three continents.  But, when a new teacher came into the staff room it was always kind of exciting to add a new personality to the mix, despite how well we all got along.  I think that with this being an anonymous website the niceties that allowed an actual person to integrate are often missing in the cyber world.  Just my thoughts. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2020, 09:03:14 am »
I think you misread my comment: I was accusing CO2 of being a Canadian ( :shocked:)

I mean, that's a fair accusation, eh?

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2020, 09:03:40 am »
I wanna eat an omelette.  Are they diet friendly?

I'm not feeling your omelette thread at the moment...

(actually, in my student's emails, I'd asked them to send me a recipe with steps on how to make it.  A couple of them at the beginning wrote 'I will tell them you how to make an omelet'.  I replied back saying it's spelt 'omelette'.  Then checked and found out that both are acceptable  :sad: ) FML!

That is the only thing you're getting out of me for your darned omelette/omelet thread!.....and maybea  spinach and cheese one, or a fritata.  But that's it.  Dun!

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2020, 09:10:32 am »
Kayos, you do realise that technically diets are only observed during the week?

That's just how it is.

I'm aware. However, I'm trying to hit my diet hard currently because, once I have a day of indulgence I tend to fall off the wagon, hard.
Once I have my diet set in my ways, then I plan to open up to indulgences once a week.

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2020, 09:17:11 am »
I think someone breaking into your house and spanking his monkey is an assault.

No it is not assault. It is breaking and entering and indecent exposure.

« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2020, 09:20:03 am »
I'm aware. However, I'm trying to hit my diet hard currently because, once I have a day of indulgence I tend to fall off the wagon, hard.
Once I have my diet set in my ways, then I plan to open up to indulgences once a week.

This wagon you speak of, does it have a tantalising bulgogi structure, with a melted cheese interior, succulent ham seats, mouthwatering pineapple wheels, zesty onion head rests, and aromatic, tasty sauce carpets?

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2020, 09:20:51 am »
Demart, myself, perhaps stoat and shanebarry might be on the other.

Demart would punch someone over the story of an emotionally scarred child. He's a leftie at heart.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:23:53 am by stoat »

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2020, 09:25:07 am »
???????

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2020, 09:26:13 am »
the stages i went through, trying to figure out if i'm "twatface"

You're not, you're Xi.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2020, 09:26:57 am »
No it is not assault. It is breaking and entering and indecent exposure.

Tropics or no tropics, he is correct.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2020, 09:35:47 am »
This is the reason I refuse to eat at local/regional pizza places.

Ewww C02 that sounds disgusting....and 745sticky: I agree with you.   The ingredients/toppings from my local pizza joint seem to be randomly slopped on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:44:15 am by dippedinblush »

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2020, 09:38:37 am »
And?   :-*

It's done downloading and waiting to be watched tonight with some chicken and cold beer! ><

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2020, 09:40:17 am »
This wagon you speak of, does it have a tantalising bulgogi structure, with a melted cheese interior, succulent ham seats, mouthwatering pineapple wheels, zesty onion head rests, and aromatic, tasty sauce carpets?

All the wheels of this wagon have this structure. The rest is made of chocolate chip cookies, and Belgian chocolate.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2020, 09:52:57 am »
It's done downloading and waiting to be watched tonight with some chicken and cold beer! ><

I have no idea what your tastes are, but if you enjoy this movie.............. .. Look, I'll just say it, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now are much better Vietnam war movies.

Full Metal Jacket captures the process of turning boys into killers and the snaps that occur under the stress of basic training and then during theatre.

This is one of my favourite movies of all time. It introduced me to the idea of how a film is made. I looked into directing, and cinematography. It also lured me out of rap music into the wider world of rock music, solely through the Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" during the end credits. Also, there are so many lines you're gonna hear from so many characters and you're gonna say "I've hear that in a million sitcoms/TV shows/other films." They all started here. Also, Vincent D'Onofrio is bloody spectacular (as is the drill sergeant, R. Lee Ermey)

Apocalypse Now isn't even a Vietnam war movie, per se............ It's basically Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" adapted out of Colonial Africa for a more modern age.

This is an absolute masterpiece. The acting, the directing, the story. It is dark. It kind of adds to FMJ's method of turning boys into killers and goes the extra step; turning killers into monsters.  Martin Sheen is amazing as Willard and Marlon Brando has his last great role as Colonel Kurtz, an unhinged soldier, hiding out in the jungle, living as a god with his followers that do his every bidding.

You can also see a young Laurence Fishburne and Harrison Ford. 

Platoon is good, I don't doubt that. But these movies are gonna be watched forever, like Shakespeare is now.

PS: Word of advice, watch the original cut of Apocalypse. If you like it, watch the Redux Version. The Redux version is WAYYYY longer and it doesn't need to be. It can put off a first time viewer seeing 180 mins of movie. Original is 2 hours, I believe. EDIT: 2:23/3:23
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:34:04 am by CO2 »

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2020, 10:08:48 am »
So what started off as thread to discuss a terrible happening with DiB....went through the natural thread progression of discussing that and what people think about the meaning of certain word, a peanut joke, cars being dissed, a photographic representation in Dutch, then some grievances aired, 'galaxybrains', then onto dutch pancakes, some grievances explained, through the omelette spectrum, and arriving at war films. 

Certainly ticks all the boxes for a modern day healthy chinwag on the interwebs...

Init?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2020, 10:30:32 am »

PS: Word of advice, watch the original cut of Apocalypse. If you like it, watch the Redux Version. The Redux version is WAYYYY longer and it doesn't need to be. It can put off a first time viewer seeing 180 mins of movie. Original is 2 hours, I believe. EDIT: 2:23/3:23
yeah i've only ever seen the Redux version, and it seemed a bit unnecessarily long. maybe why i didn't like it as much as i felt i should. i'll give the normal cut a go

Band of Brothers is my favourite war thing

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2020, 10:32:15 am »
So what started off as thread to discuss a terrible happening with DiB....went through the natural thread progression of discussing that and what people think about the meaning of certain word, a peanut joke, cars being dissed, a photographic representation in Dutch, then some grievances aired, 'galaxybrains', then onto dutch pancakes, some grievances explained, through the omelette spectrum, and arriving at war films. 

Certainly ticks all the boxes for a modern day healthy chinwag on the interwebs...

Init?

After you watched, and I can't imagine not liking, Apocalypse Now try and find Hearts of Darkness, the documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now.  That'll give you a whole other level of appreciation for Martin Sheen's hotel scene where he's losing it.  It wasn't acting.