Read 10403 times

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
Re: Flashing/"Burberry man"/ What's considered assault?
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2020, 02:13:30 pm »
this thread is suddenly housing quite a number of galaxybrain takes

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2020, 02:25:41 pm »
Am I the only one here who noticed Kyndo's abhorrent spelling error?  :-[
incumbo studiis

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2020, 02:33:36 pm »
Am I the only one here who noticed Kyndo's abhorrent spelling error?  :-[

Militarized? Or a Dutch one?
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2020, 02:36:03 pm »
Clarification, what I was talking about didn't involve assault of myself. It involved me attempting to take a student to my coteacher for discipline for dong-chimming me (well, I guess I was technically assaulted, but that wasn't the bad part). The bad horrific memory part was when I attempted to take her to the teacher, the reaction of this 1st grade girl was like someone being dragged to their execution. And I'm not talking about the usual kiddie fussings and whinings and wailings. She had a complete breakdown and was in mortal terror. She ended up being inconsolable for close to half an hour. I have never seen a child react like that, even during the most extreme of temper tantrums. This was something else. It made me seriously wonder what had happened in her life to make her react that way. It's something I NEVER want to experience again in my life. That reaction was seriously unnerving. It didn't help that she quit the English program too. I understand she's a kid and heck, by now all these years later it's probably forgotten, so who knows, maybe I have ended up worse because of it than her. Anyways, it was a REALLY shitty feeling.
I can't speak for you or dippledinblush, I post on here a lot and get called a liar on a lot of things (erroneously too- Some people here have trouble distinguishing an error/opinion/different interpretation/different conclusion/hyperbole/etc. from a LIE, as in just making something up with no basis purely to deceive and manipulate) and usually it's just whatever. It's the internet.

But when it comes to stuff like that, being called a liar over a painful memory is something else. In real life you'd get a warning. After that those would be fighting words.

I honestly don't know how you deal with so much negativity that gets thrown your way almost every single day.  You must have very thick skin/balls of steel.  Personally, it would do my head it dealing with that.    Thanks to you and Stefaneekaye, for trying to understand my point of view and empathise aka "white-knighting" (ridiculous term).

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2020, 02:37:57 pm »

THIS thread??? suddenly???

this whole website is the galaxy brain HQ, my man. welcome

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2020, 02:38:57 pm »
aka "white-knighting" (ridiculous term).

reddit moment

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2020, 02:45:04 pm »

Yeah like questioning the use of a doorlock making someone alt-right. That was a great one.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2020, 02:53:33 pm »
you're an ever bigger goober than me (and i'm a huge ****** goober) if you think that THAT'S the reason that mayorhaggar called you alt-right

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2020, 02:54:17 pm »
You must have very thick skin. 

Hey, marty's no shrinking violet.  Think somebody like Barnes from Platoon and you're more or less there.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Busan
    more
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2020, 02:58:04 pm »
you really find a way to make your d'tino hate-boner relevant in every thread, don't you?

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2020, 03:09:19 pm »
you really find a way to make your d'tino hate-boner relevant in every thread, don't you?

응 그래!

장님이 코끼리 만지는 격이다!

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2020, 03:20:29 pm »
 :azn:

Militarized? Or a Dutch one?

A Dutch one!
That Pancake of a man!

Hmm, I'm off to buy some. :P
Omas-Pannenkoeken-Nutella-en-banaan" border="0
<a [/url]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:22:59 pm by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2020, 04:40:01 pm »
 For shame! "Militarized" can be spelled both with an 's' or a 'z', CO2. And as a Canadian, who tend to... waffle... between the BrE and AmE spelllings, you should know this!

And loll @ cohort! I reread it like twice and was convinced that you were just taking the piss when I finallly noticed it. And enjoy your flensjes: I could definitely assaullt a plate of 'em right now!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:43:14 pm by kyndo »

« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2020, 06:01:07 pm »
I honestly don't know how you deal with so much negativity that gets thrown your way almost every single day.  You must have very thick skin/balls of steel.  Personally, it would do my head it dealing with that.    Thanks to you and Stefaneekaye, for trying to understand my point of view and empathise aka "white-knighting" (ridiculous term).
Appreciate the kind words, but given the amount I do post here, I'm sure sooner or later you'll find reason to regret those words and agree with one of the more antagonistic sorts here and curse my name up and down. All the same though, glad I could help.

« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2020, 06:30:04 pm »
You'd use physical violence on someone because they didn't believe a serious story about painful memories you told them?
There are certain things that if someone is talking about them and the painful memories they invoke, you tread on thin ice by calling them a liar. Amongst them would include- death, being incarcerated, pain involving children, serious/terminal illness of themselves or a loved one, sexual assault, war/severe violence, and probably a few others I haven't named.

Things that probably are not on thin ice- Sporting events, concerts, camping and fishing stories, wild nature events, general life stories of childhood and growing up, "wild tales", sexual exploits, video gaming, dieting, exercise routine, and so on. The general reaction to being accused of falsehood with these (even if they are 100% true), unless they are a source of deep pride and identification for the person, is usually much calmer. Also, the person accusing the person of making it up is often not going to push the matter and their call-out is often half-hearted or in jest.

Also, and this can work a number of ways, there are some people who do push people's buttons to see how they react as a way of seeing how truthful they are and what kind of character they have.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:11:32 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2020, 06:38:36 pm »
So that's a yes then. Jesus, you're like over 40? and you're admitting, while sober, that someone you don't even know personally could say something to make you want to fight them.  Mind blowing. You do know that would be against the law as well?

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2020, 07:05:16 pm »
So that's a yes then. Jesus, you're like over 40? and you're admitting, while sober, that someone you don't even know personally could say something to make you want to fight them.  Mind blowing. You do know that would be against the law as well?
Yeah. And? What you think it would be my first time in a holding cell?
I don't know where you grew up, but there's certain things that you don't let pass.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2020, 07:06:27 pm »

Words do carry power, believe it or not.  Wars have been carried out throughout history based on a choice few words.  You are quite myopic if you believe that being the keyboard warrior you are, you can't strike a blow or two at someone and they bleed, even though you can't see it.   Also bringing someone's age up is redundant, no?   (and yes, I chose the cringey "keyboard warrior" buzzword, but in this case it applies)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:29:28 pm by dippedinblush »

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2020, 07:20:43 pm »
Appreciate the kind words, but given the amount I do post here, I'm sure sooner or later you'll find reason to regret those words and agree with one of the more antagonistic sorts here and curse my name up and down. All the same though, glad I could help.
Yes, I've disagreed with you so so so many times, and I think have cursed you on many occasions as well.  In fact when I first entered this site and read all the things you were saying I really disliked what you had to say. 
But, like ddeokbokki, you've grown on me, and reading your posts, I realise you are not one-dimensional, and have truly valid points to make (regardless of whether or not I believe them).  I think you are a good and decent person, who is trying to add a voice where there possibly isn't one, and I respect you for that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:22:27 pm by dippedinblush »

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2020, 07:27:26 pm »
Well said, a very apt and elegant way to describe him!  :azn:
incumbo studiis