Read 7678 times

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Story Time - Craziest Event You've Witnessed Here
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2020, 10:40:28 am »
Gosh no!!!  It was 10 years ago and I was hella na´ve/careless back then.  I came from a small town in Canada and we always left the door unlocked (during the day).  This event effectively woke me up and now I am a lot more careful.

Well that explains it. Smacking the sh*t outta some dude going through my stuff at home woke me up. And that was with all the doors locked! Scumbags don't need invitations.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2020, 10:40:58 am »
Please don't stop. I need at least one more CO2 crime sketch in my life, preferably two. 

Please don't stop. I need at least one more CO2 crime sketch in my life, preferably two. 

I could understand how this particular story could be amusing, but I think it's kinda shitty to laugh at someone being assaulted.  Its actually a really scary and humiliating thing to have happen to you.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:42 am »
I don't know what to tell you at this point.

Was the fridge in the doorway or against the wall?  In the picture it looks like the wall stops and the fridge is in the doorway.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2020, 10:48:00 am »
It was against the wall in the "kitchenette" area. So the wall of the foyer was kind of extended.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2020, 10:53:18 am »
It was against the wall in the "kitchenette" area. So the wall of the foyer was kind of extended.

So you're saying that he couldn't see you while he was doing his business, just hear you?

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:13 am »
I could understand how this particular story could be amusing, but I think it's kinda shitty to laugh at someone being assaulted.  Its actually a really scary and humiliating thing to have happen to you.
So you're saying offensive material and humor should be mutually exclusive? You've never watched South Park, have you :laugh:

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2020, 10:59:27 am »
I honestly don't know cause I wasn't paying attention.  When I did notice he was there I screamed and then my friend screamed and we headed for the balcony, screaming and causing a commotion.

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 10:59:54 am »
From the inside of the keypad doors you can press a button to 'lock' the door, invalidating the keypad from the outside.

I would use the word 'closed' instead of locked, in hindsight.

So according to you, whenever you leave your house, your door is essentially just closed and not locked. Got it.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2020, 11:00:53 am »
So you're saying offensive material and humor should be mutually exclusive? You've never watched South Park, have you :laugh:

I wasn't saying that at all.   

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2020, 11:19:37 am »
I honestly don't know cause I wasn't paying attention.  When I did notice he was there I screamed and then my friend screamed and we headed for the balcony, screaming and causing a commotion.

Ok I guess it's beleivable if he hid in the corridor for most of the process then emerged into your view with a groan in the last few seconds for the money shot. 

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2020, 11:23:49 am »
Okay can you guys stop questioning someone who was a victim in this situation? She already explained how it was possible and you can choose to believe it or not.

So you're saying that he couldn't see you while he was doing his business, just hear you?
Even a 2 year-old can fathom the idea of someone hiding and peeking around a corner.

So according to you, whenever you leave your house, your door is essentially just closed and not locked. Got it.
You don't have to take everything so literally as to make the assumption she doesn't lock the door when she leaves the house.

Grow up and have some damn empathy.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:26:10 am by sammie5460 »

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2020, 11:41:00 am »
You don't have to take everything so literally as to make the assumption she doesn't lock the door when she leaves the house.
Grow up and have some damn empathy.

Looks like you are the one making assumptions without actually understanding what you read. Hint: my comment was completely unrelated to dippedinblush's ordeal.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2020, 11:49:46 am »
   9 am ╗
Okay can you guys stop questioning someone who was a victim in this situation? She already explained how it was possible and you can choose to believe it or not.

Quote from: stoat on Today at 10:53:18 am
Even a 2 year-old can fathom the idea of someone hiding and peeking around a corner.

She seemed quite happy to clear up some of the details and certainly didn't appear to need white-knighting by you. Poke your nose elsewhere.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2020, 11:54:09 am »
As closing a coded door is not the same as locking a coded door.
How do you mean? Every residential coded door I've ever encountered here in Korea (and I've encountered a lot of them) automatically locks after a second or two when closed. I imagine it's the factory default behaviour.

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »
Looks like you are the one making assumptions without actually understanding what you read. Hint: my comment was completely unrelated to dippedinblush's ordeal.

I apologize. You're right, I completely misread that.

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2020, 12:03:24 pm »
There are buttons or switches on the digital lock doors that can be turned on/off to automatically lock or not but maybe not on every single type

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2020, 01:00:34 pm »
Ok.

So how does the guy have the key?

You are telling me you were just chilling there with yo gurl with the door open?

They said the door wasn't locked.
With a lock and key style, you need to manually lock the door. If it's not locked, you can turn the handle / knob and it can open.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2020, 01:04:57 pm »
How do you mean? Every residential coded door I've ever encountered here in Korea (and I've encountered a lot of them) automatically locks after a second or two when closed. I imagine it's the factory default behaviour.

The doorlock closes but if someone knows the code to the doorlock they can open it. (say some creep who likes spanking the monkey behind fridges.)

When you are inside, you can press the button to disable the doorlock (effectively locking it) so no one can get in from the outside.

YES. Someone needs to know the code or have spied on you. But there is a lock on the inside for a reason.

Edit: I'll add that my wife does this when I go out so she feels safer until I get home. No one can get in. Not that there is anyone who would try, but you know, makes her feel better.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:07:46 pm by Colburnnn »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2020, 01:06:30 pm »
They said the door wasn't locked.
With a lock and key style, you need to manually lock the door. If it's not locked, you can turn the handle / knob and it can open.

Yes, I know that now, i responded to that further up the thread. I am also old enough to understand how keys work, thanks though.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2020, 01:09:12 pm »

Well its 'locked' in so much that someone needs to know the code or use the battery trick to get in. When you are inside you can actually lock it so nothing can get in.