Read 1326 times

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
"When Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in a September 2018 interview with The Washington Post, prominent Democrats and media organizations rushed to the story -- demanding answers and, in many cases, the end of Kavanaugh's career.

"In the weeks after Tara Reade publicly charged in a podcast released March 25 that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, however, those same politicians and outlets have become either silent or equivocal -- even as mounting video and testimonial evidence from several sources corroborates Reade's claim, where Ford presented no contemporaneous support for her allegations."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-that-rushed-to-report-kavanaugh-allegations-are-now-less-interested-in-biden-sexual-assault-claim

Shouldn't the accusation against Biden be taken more seriously? He wasn't a drunk high school kid at a party at the time.  He was a US senator. Additionally, the accusation seems to be better corroborated than the one against Kavanaugh.

Biden has often been pretty hands-on with women and young girls even in front of the camera. That kind of behavior could get him serious trouble in a lot of work environments. Imagine how far he's willing to go off camera.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
"When Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault in a September 2018 interview with The Washington Post, prominent Democrats and media organizations rushed to the story -- demanding answers and, in many cases, the end of Kavanaugh's career.

"In the weeks after Tara Reade publicly charged in a podcast released March 25 that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, however, those same politicians and outlets have become either silent or equivocal -- even as mounting video and testimonial evidence from several sources corroborates Reade's claim, where Ford presented no contemporaneous support for her allegations."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-that-rushed-to-report-kavanaugh-allegations-are-now-less-interested-in-biden-sexual-assault-claim

Shouldn't the accusation against Biden be taken more seriously? He wasn't a drunk high school kid at a party at the time.  He was a US senator. Additionally, the accusation seems to be better corroborated than the one against Kavanaugh.

Biden has often been pretty hands-on with women and young girls even in front of the camera. That kind of behavior could get him serious trouble in a lot of work environments. Imagine how far he's willing to go off camera.

Shhhh....don't you know that double standards apply, here?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Ford was a very credible witness.  Kavanaugh had a well-earned party boy rep.

Reade isn't a credible witness.. Biden's a solid citizen. End of story.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul

Why do you say that she isn't a credible witness? 

Of course her accusations deserve to be taken seriously. My only objection here is the idea that there's been some hypocritical omerta conspiracy on the left. It's been all over the media, Biden addressed it directly in an interview yesterday, his campaign released a statement about it, and progressives have been pushing for more transparency. I guess if you only pay attention to right-wing media you might think there was so.e kind of coordinated cover-up, but that's a completely fabricated narrative.

By the way, if you're a right-winger tempted to jump in here, would you mind prefacing your argument with a statement about whether the same standards of inquiry should be applied to Trump's numerous accusers, and who you would hold accountable for the fact that this hasn't happened?

Not taking your meds again, I see!

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm

Yep! Ronan Farrow didn't believe her story, so did many other journalists who reported on #MeToo.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville

Of course her accusations deserve to be taken seriously. My only objection here is the idea that there's been some hypocritical omerta conspiracy on the left. It's been all over the media, Biden addressed it directly in an interview yesterday, his campaign released a statement about it, and progressives have been pushing for more transparency. I guess if you only pay attention to right-wing media you might think there was so.e kind of coordinated cover-up, but that's a completely fabricated narrative.

By the way, if you're a right-winger tempted to jump in here, would you mind prefacing your argument with a statement about whether the same standards of inquiry should be applied to Trump's numerous accusers, and who you would hold accountable for the fact that this hasn't happened?

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Alright, let's cut to the chase and save everyone some time.

"Democrats are hypocrites because Joe Biden hasn't yet suffered any consequences related to the accusations from Tara Reade. Also, all the women who accused Donald Trump are liars."

Is this the conservative position? Let's get it on the table now and work from there.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul

Many reasons that have been laid out in great detail, mostly concerning how her story has changed. 
Many reasons that have been laid out in great detail, mostly concerning how her story has changed. 

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
Groan--you got that right at least.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Don't you guys ever get disgusted by partisan party politics?

1) I don't put much stock in her claim beyond the standard Biden handsiness we've seen on video.
2) This won't sink Biden. As long as it's him vs. Trump, Biden could shoot someone on Fifth Ave. and still get 40% of the vote. Trump too. It's down to pure anti- vote now.

• Savant
  • The Legend

1) I don't put much stock in her claim beyond the standard Biden handsiness we've seen on video.
2) This won't sink Biden. As long as it's him vs. Trump, Biden could shoot someone on Fifth Ave. and still get 40% of the vote. Trump too. It's down to pure anti- vote now.

It's down to a lot of things. Trump will always have his core cult base. Biden needs to attract enough independents to win the swing states and get the Dem coalition bloc out to vote. This will involve overcoming likely Republican vote suppression tactics. On a positive, it seems that Obama will be more actively campaigning for Biden.

The next important step is which woman Biden picks for his VP. It seems to be down to Harris, Warren and Abrams. Harris and Abrams would be a nod to the African-Americans who propelled Biden to the nomination but Warren would help bring the liberal votes into the party.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:20:00 pm by Savant »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
When responding to the person directly above you, click the reply button rather than the quote button.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

Superfluous quoting makes threads untidy / wastes time of those reading. Excise the unnecessary.

• Savant
  • The Legend

Superfluous quoting makes threads untidy / wastes time of those reading. Excise the unnecessary.

I'll take it under consideration.

You could have just edited your previous post to add this additional piece of information rather than make two separate posts. Excise the unnecessary.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

If I make two posts that halves the amount that will be quoted.

Breaking information into smaller pieces makes it more digestible / memorable.

That's why phone numbers have hyphens.