Read 1962 times

Re: Anyone having any luck with Amazon?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 08:28:28 am »
Aw, so I guess there's no point in me trying right now.

:/

Anyone have luck getting clothing and stuff like that shipped in from other, non-Asian countries? Like from Asos, maybe? I'm desperate.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 08:32:16 am »
So no one's tried to order from Amazon again recently?

I want to try my luck. I really need some new things that I absolutely cannot get here in Korea.  :cry:

I tried for a few items I needed and every item was opened back to ship to Korea, but the shipping costs were outrageous - literally the same amount for the total of all the items. The site explains now that they are shipping out again, but the flights are limited.

• busanite
  • Adventurer

• November 22, 2010, 08:12:58 am
    • Busan
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 08:37:40 am »
Agree with above post. A classroom banner I wanted to order was $12 plus $80 shipping fee. I opted to use Box Oregon instead.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:39:41 am by busanite »

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 10:13:31 am »
And you didn't have any issues using Box Oregon? Still business as usual?

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 10:18:13 am »
And you didn't have any issues using Box Oregon? Still business as usual?

I used Box Oregon just last week. No problems.
Knowing what it feels like to be in pain, is exactly why we should try to be kind to others.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 10:24:28 am »
Awesome, thanks!

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 01:53:48 pm »
Agree with above post. A classroom banner I wanted to order was $12 plus $80 shipping fee. I opted to use Box Oregon instead.

$80 in shipping?! That's so insane. The items I wanted totaled $56 with shipping being an additional $50.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 10:42:43 am »
A number of items I'm putting off buying as the delivery charges are ridiculous but I needed new shoes as I do a lot of walking and I have 310 size in Korea.  Very difficult to find.  So, with the  shipping charge (only global priority shipping was available) I got a pair of Under Armours for 109,000 total.  Not too bad.  I ordered them Friday evening of June 12th and they were slated to arrive June 25th.  Got handed the package by the school army gopher 10 minutes ago on Monday June 15th.  Impressed. 

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:06 pm »
HAHA. Haven't learned yet? Just kidding. I always stock up on socks when I go back home. I wear 310, so I know how you feel. I mean, I can get the Korean sock on my foot, it is not comfortable, and it is guaranteed to have a hole in it at the end of the day. Get someone to send them from back home. Sending a pack shouldn't be too much. That or Amazon. You could also try WISH. WISH is dangerous though (could buy too much).

This poster you are responding too was claiming he doesn't have a problem with Korean sock sizes.  I'm the one who responded dumbfounded, because my experience is similar to yours.  They are just too small.  And I'm just 300.  Ended up ordering some on Coupang and got them the day before they said there  was a corona outbreak at one of their factories, lol.  Wasn't really worried though, just found it funny.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 12:47:01 pm »
Hi, that's me I think. I'm 320. Socks? No problem, at all. Shoes? Big problem. Have to order online.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2020, 01:20:16 pm »
i've been wanting to buy a new kindle. you can order the kindle online from amazon. but they won't let you order the amazon cases. it says it "ships to korea" on the item page but doesn't let you complete your order when you try and pay

man, after several exhausting conversations with the Amazon Chat people (and them NEVER understanding my very basic questions) i give up. arghhhhh

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2020, 05:32:04 pm »
Hi, that's me I think. I'm 320. Socks? No problem, at all. Shoes? Big problem. Have to order online.

I asked you where you get them but I never got a response.  Where do you buys socks in Korea that have a size that fits you?

• Nokcha
  • Super Waygook

• August 22, 2012, 02:37:27 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2020, 05:47:49 pm »
I needed to replace my cat's scratching post. The one he used I originally purchased from Amazon two years ago, and shipping was reasonable. The scratching post is $44.99, and the shipping now is $106.00! I found the same scratching post on Coupang for 49,500won and free shipping.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2020, 07:19:06 am »
I asked you where you get them but I never got a response.  Where do you buys socks in Korea that have a size that fits you?

Apologies, I never saw the post. For low trainer socks I just go to H+M. They have large US size. For thermal socks I either just go to Uniqlo or the Underground shopping centre in my city. For regular everyday 'work' socks the department store sells packs of seven for 20,000K. Get a new pack every few months.

I don't know where you live in Korea, but socks have never been a problem for me. Size 320.

Again, shoes are a no-go. I'm a UK 13 and have to order online. Usually ASOS. I LOVE Fred Perry trainers but they only go up to a 12. :(((
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2020, 03:49:14 pm »
Apologies, I never saw the post. For low trainer socks I just go to H+M. They have large US size. For thermal socks I either just go to Uniqlo or the Underground shopping centre in my city. For regular everyday 'work' socks the department store sells packs of seven for 20,000K. Get a new pack every few months.

I don't know where you live in Korea, but socks have never been a problem for me. Size 320.

Again, shoes are a no-go. I'm a UK 13 and have to order online. Usually ASOS. I LOVE Fred Perry trainers but they only go up to a 12. :(((

Well we definitely don't have an H&M, lol.  I've never found the need for  thermal socks here .  I'm just talking about black, gray, brown socks that are in between dress and casual.  The ones I've gotten at Homeplus, Lotte, E-Mart the heel area never lines up with my actual heel, they are too tight, and I constantly have to pull them up as they keep sliding down.  That's great that you found some for you, but I got tired of spending money on experiments...so I just do the online thing now.

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2020, 11:09:36 pm »
Seems like Amazon is offering cheaper shipping options now. Still seems a little higher than before, but standard shipping is back.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:14 pm »
Seems like Amazon is offering cheaper shipping options now. Still seems a little higher than before, but standard shipping is back.

Yeah I've gone back to ordering stuff as normal. If anything the shipping is faster.
Catch my drift?

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »
Have you considered ordering from Tao Bao?