Read 1961 times

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Anyone having any luck with Amazon?
« on: April 29, 2020, 11:46:54 am »
I know Amazon is focused on delivering the essentials but have not been able to find a statement that says they are NOT delivering anything to Korea at this time.  Some routine re-orders like toothpaste and toiletries will get flagged at the Buy Now or will get the message "Due to increased demand, we temporarily have reduced product selection available for delivery to your region. We are working to improve selection availability as soon as possible."  But, I am getting some mixed signals.  Ordered a shirt last week and it went through.  Got charged to my card and received a couple of confirmation emails and even a tracking #.  I didn't mind that it could take up to a month.  Then I received a message from the seller saying the product had accidentally been shipped to their UK courier and was being returned and my order would be cancelled and refunded.  I just now, out of boredom, tried to re-order some large champion athletic socks.  It didn't tell me it was unavailable but the cost of the socks was 17.000 and 55,000 for delivery .  I didn't go through with that one. 

I'm not in dire need of anything and if I am, I could always send stuff to my father's place in Florida and pay the courier fees if needed.  I'm just curious if anyone is able to get anything sent over, even if it's with a lengthy delivery period.  I'm wondering if my orders are rejected because my shipping address is an elementary school? 

Re: Anyone having any luck with Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:11:05 pm »
I was trying to buy a few various things and they all said unable to deliver to your region. I had friends with the same issue.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:35:14 pm »
Thanks. I get why they wouldn't be able to deliver overseas now.  It would just be helpful if instead of adding the caveat they are focused on delivering essentials and as a result shipping could take a long time, they would just state that they are not delivering whatsoever to Korea, Republic of, currently.  Although, to be honest, I'll probably still kill time browsing things I'll buy once things get flowing again. 

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 01:24:54 pm »
I haven't ordered from them. I have had success ordering toiletries from iHerb though. it comes within a few days. can you find your stuff there?

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 01:25:28 pm »
I've ordered through Aliexpress just fine

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 01:59:44 pm »
I have not tried either of those places before.  I'll take a look.  It seems as if Amazon is on the verge of letting me buy a pair of Teva sandals.  They'll probably just confirm it to later let me know the order has been cancelled like those Under Armour characters last week. 

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 03:07:20 pm »
Sorry kids, you gotta wait till corona virus is done before they ship a lot of stuff here.  Try G Market and Coupang.  As for clothing try the websites directly, who partner through international shipping companies / merchants, etc.  I imagine they'd be happy to ship their clothes direct as it's not essential supplies.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 03:13:53 pm »
I can't even imagine much that you wouldn't be able to buy online here. Unless you specifically wanted North American versions of a video game or something. Coupang has a stupid big selection, and Gmarket, Auction, and iHerb also have lots of imported stuff.

• Arsalan
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 08:09:41 am »
i don't like amazon, they have smelly products  :afro:
https://REDThanos.com
https://www.facebook.com/arsalan.lavang.9

"My heart bursts into starlight,
like collapsing ecstasy."

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 08:14:18 am »
I can't even imagine much that you wouldn't be able to buy online here. Unless you specifically wanted North American versions of a video game or something. Coupang has a stupid big selection, and Gmarket, Auction, and iHerb also have lots of imported stuff.
there definitely are some things you can't buy here, but i agree the selection in korea these days is amazing compared to even a couple of years ago

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 01:17:18 pm »
LOL, I also was looking into ordering socks and all the shipping is well over 30,000 won.  So I'll just be waiting until things return back to close to normal.  Tough living in country of midgets.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 01:23:37 pm »
I've got size 315 (Korea) feet. What's wrong with Korean socks?
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 01:34:11 pm »
there definitely are some things you can't buy here, but i agree the selection in korea these days is amazing compared to even a couple of years ago

Still can't get clothes in my size though haha. D:

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 02:54:55 pm »

I'm 310 and if I want the invisible athletic ankle socks I buy from Amazon.  The 8-12 US size ones pull too low when I've exercising.  I haven't seen the 13-16 size ones here. 

• Datasapien
  • Expert Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »
LOL, I also was looking into ordering socks and all the shipping is well over 30,000 won.  So I'll just be waiting until things return back to close to normal.  Tough living in country of midgets.

Unless you're a midget! :D
I never finish anyth

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 04:00:10 pm »

Obviously they are too small.  I've never had a pair that fit here.  If you have suggestions, I'm all ears.  I'm 300.  Everytime I get socks for service at Louis Castel or other places I just say give me the women's and I give them to my wife.  I've given up on buying them but I'm not adverse to suggestions.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 02:32:44 am »
Has anybody ordered anything lately?

Amazon made several moves that signal shipping times are returning to normal after weeks of delays

Amazon is removing restrictions on nonessential items at its warehouses and restoring popular website features, marking the latest signs that itís recovering from coronavirus-related delays.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/13/amazon-sends-signals-that-shipping-times-are-returning-to-normal.html
Catch my drift?

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 07:44:53 am »

HAHA. Haven't learned yet? Just kidding. I always stock up on socks when I go back home. I wear 310, so I know how you feel. I mean, I can get the Korean sock on my foot, it is not comfortable, and it is guaranteed to have a hole in it at the end of the day. Get someone to send them from back home. Sending a pack shouldn't be too much. That or Amazon. You could also try WISH. WISH is dangerous though (could buy too much).

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 08:17:07 am »
So no one's tried to order from Amazon again recently?

I want to try my luck. I really need some new things that I absolutely cannot get here in Korea.  :cry:

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 08:23:07 am »
I recently tried to order a kindle that showed it could be shipped to Korea, but when I tried to check out, Amazon said they can't deliver it to my address.