Read 269 times

Sending Gifts to Family/Friends Back Home
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:14:31 am »
Just wondering what special things you have sent/arranged for family or friends back home for special days: mother's day, birthdays, weddings, graduations etc...
Did you just send money/flowers or did you send something from Korea/other country you are in?

Re: Sending Gifts to Family/Friends Back Home
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 08:18:46 am »
I usually order something from Amazon and have it delivered to their house. I feel like that's more reliable than sending something from Korea that could potentially get lost (which would suck if it was expensive). I've had my family send me stuff here and it just never arrives.

• 303lmc
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:05:46 am »
I just ordered flowers from a local flower shop for delivery last year for mother's day. I've also ordered from a website, etsy or amazon, and had it delivered. I bought cool stuff here over a few months and then shipped it home.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:20:50 am »
I've never had any problems with mailing things home.  But with Covid19 I have heard that New Zealand isn't accepting parcels.  Not sure about letters but I'm not going to risk mailing anything in the next little while.  I guess it depends which country you are mailing to.  I never thought of online orders - good idea as I have a couple of family members with significant birthdays this year!

• buckybee
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
    • Gunsan
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:19:27 am »
I usually order off of amazon or other shops that will deliver to my family.  However, I have mailed other things from Korea too, it's never been lost. During this period, I tried to mail some filtered masks to my family but the post office said the government wouldn't allow it because of the crisis. All shipments with masks will be sent back to the sender.  However, they said I could still send the other items I wanted to send. (snacks, beauty cream masks, lip tint, etc.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:22:53 am by buckybee »