Read 4264 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Why Aren't We Starting Up School?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 10:51:04 am »
Haha, pathetic that you had to comb through my post history to come up with a comeback.  Get a life.
ha. colburn did ya

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 10:52:57 am »
My school might as well start back up, probably have about 30-40% of students here now anyways. But I do kind of like the online classes. Makes me think I could do online teaching down the road fairly easily.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 10:56:01 am »
ha. colburn did ya
Agreed.

"Just accept Korea!" There is some truth to this but it's no t a catch-all solution.

Things aren't reasonable here sometimes but no one wants to rock the boat. Calling out BS is good.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 10:56:08 am »
No he didn't do me.  Don't care about loser internet trolls.  Just tired of foreigners complaining about minor things in Korea.

Are you a foreigner?
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 10:59:37 am »
Are you a foreigner?

Haha, got em.

But really, I said this on Oink a week ago.

Do you really want people on here, or public forums to complain about their real problems?

Some people might, it makes for a good read, but those with the problems won't.

I don't know any of you (that's not true, but I don't know the VAST majority of you.)

If I was having real problems, do you think I'd come here? I wouldn't. I'd go to my REAL social network of friends and family.

That's not hard to understand.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 11:06:40 am »
So, has it improved? Did you figure out what Korean girls like? Whats the secret!? Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 11:37:25 am »
Nice one bro! lol rofl! damn you killed me with that one lol! lol I bet she is so hot lol. maaaan I wish I wasn't a loser internet troll lol :( then I could get a hot girl like you bro damn :(:( lol rofl!

I'm married. Now jog along little one and enjoy the fruits of your internet research!

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 11:39:25 am »
damn she's probably hotter than my imaginary girlfriend too :cry:

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 11:50:13 am »
A girl that's hotter than your imaginary girlfriend, wow. I'm thinking about the guys in Weird Science trying to construct Kelly Le Brock and then the AI taking over and producing something even better!

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 12:35:47 pm »

In Korea, looking like you are doing something is more important than actually doing something.

This nailed it on the head.  I can't tell you how much this frustrates me so much.

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 12:38:40 pm »
Then move back home and look for a job doing the same. The reason you are here is for the students to interact with you, gaining exposure to more than just the weak material provided in the Korean textbooks. Why employ someone to live here when they could pay someone half the money to plonk some stuff on a website three times a week the other side of the world.

The face to face interactions with the students are what make this job worthwhile.

100% agreed.  If we can do this online, then WHY DO WE NEED TO COME INTO SCHOOL?????  Again, makes no sense.   It's like telling someone that they can only make a phone call 12 blocks away from your home and you have to go there each time you want to make a phone call totally ignoring the fact that we could just use our smartphones and call from anywhere.

The point you said....looking like we are doing something is more important than actually doing something ..... this is it 100000000000000% percent.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 12:51:54 pm »
If I could just stay at home and call that "work from home", I'd be happy.

If I could stay at home unpaid until this thing is over and we return to school, I'd be fine with  that, too.

But going into school when it's closed?  Sure I could lesson plan all I want but for 2 months and then you
find out that none of those plans will be usable anyways because of new policies and you have to do
online stuff instead.    This is the reason why I don't even bother to plan ahead for the year. For all we know,
the year is lost and it will just be like this the rest of the way.

Again, students are not in lockdown. They are going out, they are hanging out with friends, going places, socializing, etc.....how is that not more dangerous than sending them to school?  You could easily trace or look for any signs that shows an outbreak in their families, homes, apartments, neighborhood, communities, towns, even cities and provinces before school.  School is the last place you'd have to worry about getting infected.    The infection is coming from outside the school.  So simply include schooling as part of the quarantine measures, meaning: you only go to school and home.   No where else.  Instead they have it the opposite.   Can't go to school but you can go outside, downtown, city, mall, soccer fields, parks, cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, socialize etc.   

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 01:48:03 pm »
I was just talking to my co-teacher about this. She thinks, May 11th is when students will be back to school at the earliest.
Since the spreading rate in Korea is really low now.
For 2 of my 3 schools, the sooner the better.

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 05:13:17 pm »
Liberate EPIK!!!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 08:43:38 pm »
H.I., you're young and you got your health. What you want with a job?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W-0KHHdM0o

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 09:08:38 am »
I was just talking to my co-teacher about this. She thinks, May 11th is when students will be back to school at the earliest.
Since the spreading rate in Korea is really low now.
For 2 of my 3 schools, the sooner the better.

Yes, I heard that also.  It's going to be more like what I proposed many weeks ago.  They are going to roll it out slowly by bringing back the older grades first and gradually the younger grades until they are all eventually at 100% attendance.

1.  They could have done this a month ago.
2.  Schools are not the problem.  The virus doesn't come from being in school.
3.  The moment a case is reported in some school somewhere in the country, the entire school system will be
     shut down again and lockdown for 2 weeks.  And we're right back where we started and this could go on like this
     for the whole year.

It's really over reaction and paranoia at it's fullest.   I don't mean to downplay it, but the actual risks are so low in
     this country people don't realize you have a higher chance of dying by food poisoning than you do of covid19.  So
     then why don't people stop eating for fear of dying?  Everytime you put something in your mouth, you could die.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 09:40:26 am »
Yes, I heard that also.  It's going to be more like what I proposed many weeks ago.  They are going to roll it out slowly by bringing back the older grades first and gradually the younger grades until they are all eventually at 100% attendance.

1.  They could have done this a month ago.
2.  Schools are not the problem.  The virus doesn't come from being in school.
3.  The moment a case is reported in some school somewhere in the country, the entire school system will be
     shut down again and lockdown for 2 weeks.  And we're right back where we started and this could go on like this
     for the whole year.

It's really over reaction and paranoia at it's fullest.   I don't mean to downplay it, but the actual risks are so low in
     this country people don't realize you have a higher chance of dying by food poisoning than you do of covid19.  So
     then why don't people stop eating for fear of dying?  Everytime you put something in your mouth, you could die.

Actually, it could come from school. Most countries were really quick to close schools down, so there is just no data, or very little data, on spreading in schools. In NZ, it got spread in a school early on, once they started getting covid cases, and schools were quick to close there after that case. A lot of schools around Asia were on vacation around the time of the virus too.
I heard S.Korea is down to single digit cases daily now, which is why it is probably a good time to open schools up again. (Though, I want my Wednesday school to stay closed for much, much longer D: haha)

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 12:59:25 pm »
This is the reason why I don't even bother to plan ahead for the year. For all we know,
the year is lost and it will just be like this the rest of the way.

^pretty much. I made the mistake of getting my hopes up and prepping a few lessons only for my ct to tell me I have to teach directly out of the textbook. Aside from expanding my collection of game templates I haven't done anything productive for like the past month.

• niitbs
  • Newgookin

• March 20, 2020, 10:42:50 am
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 07:09:47 pm »
Anyone else's school got their events budget and planning market days, talent shows, concerts, sports days, and summer camps (across all subjects) as normal - as if a pandemic isn't happening?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 07:24:10 am »
Mine has 3 weeks of vacation, 1 week of camp. No idea about all the other days.

No doubt there are still 2-3 weeks of wasted time where students do nothing after each of the exams though. Public school staple, that.