Read 454 times

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
You know you live in a safe city when .......
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:51:11 am »
I must say this brought a smile to my face.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3919097

Taipei police officer works tirelessly to nab garlic thief
Conscientious officer, touched by earnestness of victim, uses vacation time to crack case

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) The tireless efforts of the Taipei police to crack a case of petty larceny paid off, as they returned a large bag of stolen garlic to a man left troubled by its absence, leaving no stone unturned in their search, according to a news release issued by the Beitou Precinct on April 9.

When Officer Zhang Sheng-fu (張勝富) was on duty at 6 p.m. on April 2, a man came into Shipai Station to report that a bag of garlic he had placed in an empty lot behind his house was stolen. The vegetables had been a gift from one of the man's relatives in southern Taiwan.

Even though the garlic was inexpensive, it had some sentimental value for the man, since he associated it with his kindly relative who had hauled it up to Taipei. Brooding on the symbolism of his loss, the man worked up the indignation to alert the authorities.

The police received the complaint with a surprising level of seriousness; they began to check the surveillance cameras around the crime scene for possible clues.

After viewing the public security cameras, the officer assigned to the case hit a wall: not even a trace of a suspect. Remarkably, the officer then used his vacation time to investigate further, obtaining footage from private surveillance cameras. His determination paid off and the thief was nabbed.

The victim praised the police for cracking the case in a timely fashion, adding that he was thankful for their uncompromising attitude toward right and wrong.

The Beitou Precinct reminded the public to call 110 if they encounter anything needing police assistance however big or small.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:00:52 am by confusedsafferinkorea »
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

Re: You know you live in a safe city when .......
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:53:54 am »
Why'd you have to make this post into something trying to bait waygook.org user Mr.DeMartino, instead of just posting a feel-good story?

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:59:46 am »
Why'd you have to make this post into something trying to bait waygook.org user Mr.DeMartino, instead of just posting a feel-good story?

Okay if you feel that I overstepped the line, I will modify it.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 08:10:27 am »
confusedsafferinkor ea: DM will be like... But, but Taiwan is ................... ................... in 3... 2.... 1.

I agree with basedcowboy.  That's the response you're hoping for.  I can only surmise you misread the room and think Dmart baiting is something that is enjoyable for others.  I find his constant whataboutism and tireless defense of Korea tedious.  We want less of those threads. 

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 08:11:50 am »
Better. Now this might actually bring smiles to the faces of others, too.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:17 am »
confusedsafferinkorea: DM will be like... But, but Taiwan is ................... ................... in 3... 2.... 1.

I agree with basedcowboy.  That's the response you're hoping for.  I can only surmise you misread the room and think Dmart baiting is something that is enjoyable for others.  I find his constant whataboutism and tireless defense of Korea tedious.  We want less of those threads.

I agree. But, there is also little for me to do currently, as the students aren't back at school, and my school doesn't want me to do any online teaching.
The banter could have given me more to read. D:

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:14:45 am »
I agree. But, there is also little for me to do currently, as the students aren't back at school, and my school doesn't want me to do any online teaching.
The banter could have given me more to read. D:

But, he'll make an appearance eventually.  Rest assured.  There's no stopping him.  But this is in the realm of let sleeping barking animals lie.  I don't want to be accused of referring to someone as a dog by using the original proverb.  It could lead to deflection. 

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:28:32 am »
But, he'll make an appearance eventually.  Rest assured.  There's no stopping him.  But this is in the realm of let sleeping barking animals lie.  I don't want to be accused of referring to someone as a dog by using the original proverb.  It could lead to deflection. 

Well I have removed the offending part of the post.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 10:48:25 am »
Well I have removed the offending part of the post.

I see that now.  It works well as a feel good stand alone story. 

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 11:18:14 am »
You know, your head really should start charging me rent.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 12:26:37 pm »
this whole thread saddens me

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 01:14:16 pm »
this whole thread saddens me

I tried to delete it but it says I am not allowed to delete my own thread. So weird.