Read 1116 times

Lost my KEB/Hana Bank Account Information
« on: April 21, 2020, 01:00:16 am »
Hey all. I was an expat in Korea 5 years back (from 2014 -2016) so I had opened a KEB Hana account where I received my direct deposits. However, I know that I have over a million won that I want to transfer back to my bank account here in America. However, I don't know what my account Username/password is. I do have my bank account number as well as my old debit card. I've called up KEBHana helpline (010 82 425202500), but I've been unable to get anybody on the line to help me. What can I do?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Lost my KEB/Hana Bank Account Information
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 02:26:56 am »
Write them a letter with copies of what you have as well as a copy your passport and ask them to wire you the money.

It might take a while, but it is more likely to work than a phone call.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:23:21 am »
Accounts in Korea can be closed automatically if no activity, not sure how long or if there are any other requirements that need to be met before closing it......

Maybe check on if there are any international KEB branches in like New York , probably not but worth a check.....other than that try to contact a friend/former coteacher to help you if possible.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 01:21:31 pm »
Do you have your arc number? Iíve had success emailing them with problems. Let me find the address I sent to.

keb_fcd@keb.co.kr  This is an old email but it still may work
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:24:50 pm by thunderlips »

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:25:12 am »
Do you have your arc number? Iíve had success emailing them with problems. Let me find the address I sent to.

keb_fcd@keb.co.kr  This is an old email but it still may work

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, the email is no longer valid. Is there any other email I can use?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:31:03 am »
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, the email is no longer valid. Is there any other email I can use?

Looks like there is a form now, try filling in as much info as you can; http://www.kebhana.com/cont/customer/customer02/customer0201/index.jsp

Overseas + 82-42-520-2500

Live chat
http://vic.kebhana.com/talkService/jsp/talk/talkCheck.jsp 

If all else fails send me a pm and I'll send you the money via paypal if you can transfer it to my account. I'll provide you with my full information.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:35:57 am by thunderlips »

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:08 am »
Looks like there is a form now, try filling in as much info as you can; http://www.kebhana.com/cont/customer/customer02/customer0201/index.jsp

Overseas + 82-42-520-2500

Live chat
http://vic.kebhana.com/talkService/jsp/talk/talkCheck.jsp

If all else fails send me a pm and I'll send you the money via paypal if you can transfer it to my account. I'll provide you with my full information.

I've filled out the form, but unfortunately I received a message back saying that there is now way for them to give them my Bank ID#. The only way they could reset my password on my account is if I physically walk into a KEB Bank and have photo identification with me. I might take you up on your final resort offer, haha, but I want to try livechat first and see if I have any luck with that. Thanks!

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 07:57:10 am »
I've filled out the form, but unfortunately I received a message back saying that there is now way for them to give them my Bank ID#. The only way they could reset my password on my account is if I physically walk into a KEB Bank and have photo identification with me. I might take you up on your final resort offer, haha, but I want to try livechat first and see if I have any luck with that. Thanks!

You might be able to fax them a signed statement that you will allow someone to act on your behalf, a friend or an old co-worker.