Read 13517 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Quote: Most Nets are overweight (LI)
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2020, 10:18:58 am »
Think she's up for a threesome?
God help me, I will have you sectioned.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2020, 10:20:01 am »
Not to be a buzzkill, but an issue I notice is that people spend far too much time commenting on the weight and health of others.

Get your own ass in order.

Lol behave!  You regularly slag people off for the clothes they wear and for being overweight.

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 10:43:28 am »
Lol behave!  You regularly slag people off for the clothes they wear and for being overweight.

When I criticize people for dressing like homeless bums, particularly at work, it's usually against people who defend that kind of practice; they adopt a standpoint, I'm entitled to counter with mine.

On a related not, when people complain about the heat and and the necessity to cover their hairy legs and toes at work, I suggest that the fat in their body is likely the culprit for why the can't keep cool; so the problem lies with you, not the dress-code.

Nobody here is supporting obesity as a healthy lifestyle, meaning mocking someone here who is overweight would be in poor taste.

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 11:22:04 am »
My BMI is not accurate since I put in a lot of time to weight-lift. I have dense bones and muscle to begin with, too, thanks to my dad's side of the family, so I always actually weigh around 20-30 pounds (9-14 kg) more than I look (depending on how much I'm lifting during certain times of the year). It surprises everyone.

I'm no Ms. Fitness, but I'm at a healthy size for my height and build.

No idea what my fat % is, I should visit a place with one of those tanks to help measure it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:25:38 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 11:30:12 am »
I'm Kim Jong Il, not Kim Jong Eun.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:58 am »
I'm Kim Jong Il, not Kim Jong Eun.
I'm Kim Yuna.

Wait, I can't skate. I'm a terrible Canadian.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2020, 12:36:03 pm »
When I criticize people for dressing like homeless bums, particularly at work, it's usually against people who defend that kind of practice; they adopt a standpoint, I'm entitled to counter with mine.

Well not really when you start a new thread, unprompted, to make a bullet point list of how people at your orientation don't dress well in your opinion.  It points to an ugly personality in my view, but do whatever makes you feel good I suppose.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:22 pm »
Wait, I can't skate. I'm a terrible Canadian.

dude you can't even skate? what've you been doing all your life?

anyway im more of a kim jong-kook myself (jk that dude's way more ripped than me)

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2020, 12:43:53 pm »
dude you can't even skate? what've you been doing all your life?

Cycling. haha

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2020, 01:00:20 pm »
Well not really when you start a new thread, unprompted, to make a bullet point list of how people at your orientation don't dress well in your opinion.  It points to an ugly personality in my view, but do whatever makes you feel good I suppose.

I agree with this.

Also, in my opinion, "dressed well" is something completely subjective. For example, I hate the look of suits, and I don't think people are dressed well when wearing one. Common opinion tends to be opposite to mine. I tend to think, dressed well is dressed comfortably, so casual stuff is what I tend to consider being "dressed well."

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2020, 01:20:02 pm »
whhhaaaaaaatt? i'm comfortable in sweatpants. if i wear sweatpants to school, am i dressed well? if i'm at a wedding in sweatpants, i'm definitely not dressed well. whether someone is dressed well or not had no relationship with whether they're comfortable. more importantly, in both situations, "I" wouldn't be dressed appropriately.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2020, 01:26:56 pm »
People all dress nicely/casually according to their own style and circumstances. For me personally, I always tend to wear clothes bigger than my actual size because I don't really have a good self-image,  I know it doesn't look the best. Additionally, I also do not really have any nice clothes because I find it hard to find clothes, especially pants, dresses, skirts that fit me correctly in Korea, not impossible just very difficult. I usually need to go to Seoul for clothes, and even then might not find something that fits my style, size, body shape compared with other Korean women who can easily find things.

I have winter clothing, but not much for summer. My husband absolutely hates spending money, so it's a battle if I want to purchase new clothes, despite not having much appropriate for work, because he doesn't quite understand and his style is old man style. He thinks I can just wear his clothes.....while he is taller, I tend to like longer pants etc so I can wear his clothes....but they do not look feminine or appropriate for work....at home sure. So if I want to buy clothes he tells me I should make sure he can wear it too and even tries the items on, just to save money. I won't let him get his way on that but its still a hassle. I can buy stuff, but just don't get the time to go shopping in Seoul on my own too often, as I live quite far away.

So while I doubt many NETs here have my second problem, many might have the first one....and money issues too.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2020, 01:31:34 pm »
Easy to spot the Shaggy types in this thread. I remember my orientation... there was even a guy with a ponytail. Like wtf?

I applaud Aristocrat for taking great pride in his appearance and calling out the scruff.

Everybody should be working out regularly and having their hair cut at least once every three weeks. And for God's sake, never wear untapered cargo pants and those oversized skate shoes like it's 1999 or something.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2020, 01:32:50 pm »
Aristocrat's posts generally fall into one of four categories:

1. The minutiae of my various workout regimens.

2. Why I am better than you at...

3. Idiotic things my co-teachers did today.

4. Idiotic things my wife's co-teachers did today.

In this thread he has checked off two of the boxes and at least three today alone. 

Try to keep up with that wimps!

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2020, 01:39:40 pm »
Well which idiot did that?

Yeah, it depends on muscle mass, etc.  Even height weight ratios are not always accurate.  Having a large bone structure versus a small one also makes a difference.  That said, morbidly obese is still morbidly obese. 

As for the rest of it, I suspect most folks, myself included, could stand to lose a few pounds.  But, I am not obese.  Weight goes up and down sometimes.  That said, lots of Asians, Koreans Chinese, etc are overweight nowadays.  A lot of younger folks not smoking compared to older folks here too.  So, appetite is less suppressed than before.  Koreans use to have extreme social pressure to stay really skinny, like rail line skinny a decade ago.  Korean women loved you being rail line thin at the time.  Nowadays, they aren't so crazy about the starving look. 

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2020, 02:12:14 pm »
Probably still some votes to come in but looks like LI was wrong about most NETs being overweight - on this site at least. Perhaps you were basing it on something else like people you met or your orientation. The majority of Korea NETs are pretty young so are more likely to be thin than a normal cross section of Westerners.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2020, 02:24:41 pm »
Aristocrat's posts generally fall into one of four categories:

1. The minutiae of my various workout regimens.

Someone enjoying discussing things they're passionate about??? You're pulling my leg.

2. Why I am better than you at...

Given, I've always been incredibly competitive, particularly in sports. If I made you feel inadequate, I do apologize. 

3. Idiotic things my co-teachers did today.

I've said about 50X, I use this site to vent.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2020, 02:34:24 pm »
Stoat:

What people believe to be true about themselves and what is actually true are two different things.

Four out of five rate their intelligence to be above average. (I guess one out of five pick merely average.) Thatís a statistical impossibility.

Study after study shows the majority of obese people donít think theyíre obese and the majority of overweight people donít think theyíre overweight.

This is why a self reported assessment canít be trusted.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2020, 02:36:18 pm »
Someone enjoying discussing things they're passionate about??? You're pulling my leg.

Given, I've always been incredibly competitive, particularly in sports. If I made you feel inadequate, I do apologize. 

I've said about 50X, I use this site to vent.

But, you have a problem when others do?  Pretty defensive response.  Lighten up and don't take things here too seriously.  It's just a site for venting and fun jibes for the most part. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 02:41:54 pm by OnNut81 »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2020, 02:57:10 pm »
I agree with this.

Also, in my opinion, "dressed well" is something completely subjective. For example, I hate the look of suits, and I don't think people are dressed well when wearing one. Common opinion tends to be opposite to mine. I tend to think, dressed well is dressed comfortably, so casual stuff is what I tend to consider being "dressed well."
That's why I wear Bermuda shorts and a wife beater for job interviews and funerals. I mean hey, it's all subjective, right? ;)