Read 13465 times

Re: Quote: Most Nets are overweight (LI)
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2020, 03:03:47 pm »
Calling fat people fat is not being a dick, though.

Ok, tomorrow morning, find every female staff member in school and greet them by saying "안녕, 뚱뚱한!"

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »
There's a difference between being offended by something and calling someone an asshole for saying something.
sorry. seems i missed this entire page about assholes.  i was just talking about why the thread got closed. but yes there is

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2020, 03:07:37 pm »
and I get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole.

anyway, i guess i wasn't direct enough earlier. why do some of you think you can tell another person when they're allowed to be hurt by something? just because something doesn't hurt YOU (congratulations), doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt someone else. and that's okay, we all have different tolerances (back to boxing: some of us would die from getting hit by mike tyson and others would only be severely concussed).

When did anyone say someone is not allowed to be hurt? They can be hurt. Doesn't do any good and is pathetic but they can be hurt.

I though once you graduate school you understood that words can be ignored. Log the f*ck off dude, unistall bro, walk away dawg. Tyson's fists are real. A tweet, is not. You're pissed? Hit the gym, get in the ring and start swinging.

''This bawwwwwwwwww (based) he said bad word'' means.... nothing.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2020, 03:08:32 pm »
Ok, tomorrow morning, find every female staff member in school and greet them by saying "안녕, 뚱뚱한!"

What kinda school you work in? The ladies at my place are all slim.

Oh, and this isn't a gender thing either. Fat is fat. Convo started about women (locked thread) that's all.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:11:09 pm by Colburnnn »

• CallinIn
  • Adventurer

• January 30, 2018, 01:57:54 am
    • USA
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2020, 03:25:50 pm »
Calling fat people fat is not being a dick, though.

Restricting other people from saying something, by claiming to be a victim, because you can't stop eating doughnuts, is.

I really don't know why you're trying to defend it. It's being a dick. Didn't we all have to learn the "Golden Rule" back in primary school?

Sure, you can call people fat all you want, but it's rude. Do you plan to point out clear physical flaws of everyone you meet? "Hey, I noticed your nose is crooked. You could fix that." Or is it only people who are overweight?

Should we open a thread for every physical imperfection that exists? Next up will be posture, maybe. I mean geez, don't people realize how bad posture will affect them when they get older?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2020, 03:34:13 pm »
Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Yeah I did learn it at school, why what did you learn?

• CallinIn
  • Adventurer

• USA
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »
You know, the 'Golden Rule'... like I said in the first line that you presumably read. "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself"  <---- That rule.
And if your comeback is immediately "If i was fat, I would have no problem with someone calling me fat" then you are willfully missing the point and really... Nothing I can do about that, I guess.

« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2020, 03:39:30 pm »
"Hey, I noticed your nose is crooked. You could fix that." Or is it only people who are overweight?

I don't think fat shaming is good, but your comparison is asinine. Zero people die annually from having a crooked nose. 2.8 million die annually from being obese or overweight. Obesity costs everyone in taxes to pay for emergency services, healthcare, education, in lost man hours etc. Obesity costs about 2 TRILLION dollars per year that's the same as..... ARMED CONFLICT! We should certainly shame people who start armed conflicts, like Bush and Blair.
Does your wife submit to you?

• CallinIn
  • Adventurer

• USA
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2020, 04:12:59 pm »
I don't think fat shaming is good, but your comparison is asinine.

Fair enough. Wasn't the point of my comment, so I really didn't put much thought into it. Thanks for the stats though.
Those were the only pennies I wanted to throw in here.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2020, 04:28:49 pm »
I don't think fat shaming is good, but your comparison is asinine. Zero people die annually from having a crooked nose. 2.8 million die annually from being obese or overweight. Obesity costs everyone in taxes to pay for emergency services, healthcare, education, in lost man hours etc. Obesity costs about 2 TRILLION dollars per year that's the same as..... ARMED CONFLICT! We should certainly shame people who start armed conflicts, like Bush and Blair.
well, this has certainly got me riled. next time i see a fat person in the street i'll make sure to give them what for

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2020, 07:33:38 am »
You know, the 'Golden Rule'... like I said in the first line that you presumably read. "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself"  <---- That rule.
And if your comeback is immediately "If i was fat, I would have no problem with someone calling me fat" then you are willfully missing the point and really... Nothing I can do about that, I guess.

If your mate started shooting up at the weekend, would you tell them to quit it or stay quiet because you don't want to be a 'dick'.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:36:13 am by Colburnnn »

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2020, 07:46:50 am »
If your mate started shooting up at the weekend, would you tell them to quit it or stay quiet because you don't want to be a 'dick'.

i wouldn't start calling him a junkie or a smackhead... that would make me a dick

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2020, 07:56:47 am »
Well what would you do in the situation? Intervene? How so?

« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2020, 07:59:11 am »
well, this has certainly got me riled. next time i see a fat person in the street i'll make sure to give them what for

Demand they give you back your 2 trillion dollars!

• CallinIn
  • Adventurer

• USA
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2020, 08:00:14 am »
What tyler said.
Also from experience with dealing with a loved one with addiction, saying things that make them feel worse about themselves tends to make them swing in the opposite direction that you want.  So not only would it be acting like a dick, but it would be ineffectively acting like a dick.

Taking a big ol' back step here. In my experience sticks and stones is usually used when dealing with bullies, or friends who are just being jerks, who call people names... so... it's still used against people being dicks. Why is this an argument?

« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2020, 08:04:40 am »
i wouldn't start calling him a junkie or a smackhead... that would make me a dick

Unless you believed that so doing would in fact help them. Not saying that it would, or even could, but I have been told by people who lost more weight than my entire weight that fat shaming was pivotal in their weight loss experience.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2020, 08:05:06 am »
Well what would you do in the situation? Intervene? How so?

Well I would tell him he is ruining his life. And I wouldn't feel like a 'dick' for doing it, that's for sure. Ignoring an obese persons eating habits though yes, not AS serious, is still something to comment on and also life threatening down the line.

'Body positivity' is utterly disgraceful. That is being a 'dick' not the person calling it out. Can you imagine 'Smoke positivity' 'Drug positivity' How about 'Global warming positivity' No, you can't, because the former were dealt with years ago. Now is the time to tackle 'Body positivity' AKA 'Fat positivity'. Many famous health related people have called for this. Perhaps without directly calling people fat.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2020, 08:06:38 am »

The person doing drugs is the dick, though, mate. Calling him/her/xir/xer out on it is not.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2020, 08:08:33 am »
Unless you believed that so doing would in fact help them. Not saying that it would, or even could, but I have been told by people who lost more weight than my entire weight that fat shaming was pivotal in their weight loss experience.

Correct.

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2020, 08:09:02 am »
Does the fact that people who are not overweight or obese are in fact a minority in many western countries mean that we're entitled to reparations or easier university admission? Or that we at least get to virtue signal on twitter, and the overweight oppressors must apologize to us and prostrate themselves before us?