Read 13515 times

Re: Quote: Most Nets are overweight (LI)
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2020, 08:55:41 am »
I mean, I actually know women who legit prefer men with dad bods over anything else.

But that doesn't mean they still aren't going to notice a Troy-level Brad Pitt sitting at the end of the bar. xD
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:06:08 am by Chinguetti »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2020, 09:03:21 am »
So.  :undecided: All men have their types, and all men have exceptions to their types, and body type is not the only thing they look for or are attracted to. And most men can still admit to when a woman who doesn't fit within their "type" is still very attractive.

Yup, I agree. All men do have their types. And 90% of those types are the banging girls, not the escaped from the elephant habitat girls. I've seen a fair few roly-polies who I was really into too and there is no doubt some blimp chicks have something about them for damn sure! But when we use the word 'most' we are talking a very large majority. You put a babe next to a manatee and 9/10 will choose the honey.

The boat race is like the Tinder thing, you need a body shot because the cannon balls like to only use selfies. You meet up, next thing you know you get jumped by 50 cents bouncer when you were looking forward to meeting someone you could lift up. 100% fatties faces can be a work of art, and there are some Monet land whales walking around, but an even split of art work and gym work would do wonders.

Edit: Just want to add that there is nothing wrong with a person choosing to weight the same as the Titanic, just that if you want to take the odds from 9-1 to evens, not causing earthquakes when taking a stroll may be a good place to start. Sure, there are 'some' lads out there who love pork scratchings at the weekend, but for a long term thing. The lady has to fit down the aisle.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:10:27 am by Colburnnn »
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2020, 09:09:21 am »
So.  :undecided: All men have their types, and all men have exceptions to their types, and body type is not the only thing they look for or are attracted to. And most men can still admit to when a woman who doesn't fit within their "type" is still very attractive.

Yup, I agree. All men do have their types. And 90% of those types are the banging girls, not the escaped from the elephant habitat girls. I've seen a fair few roly-polies who I was really into too and there is no doubt some blimp chicks have something about them for damn sure! But when we use the word 'most' we are talking a very large majority. You put a babe next to a manatee and 9/10 will choose the honey.

The boat race is like the Tinder thing, you need a body shot because the cannon balls like to only use selfies. You meet up, next thing you know you get jumped by 50 cents bouncer when you were looking forward to meeting someone you could lift up. 100% fatties faces can be a work of art, and there are some Monet land whales walking around, but an even split of art work and gym work would do wonders.

Every category of body-type has what people would term as "10s", people who will get noticed by everyone, no matter what.

But we were talking about general body type qualities that different groups of people tend to gravitate towards, and, I can tell you, while most men would never turn down a chance at, say, an IU or Irene, the ones who prefer more curvaceous or athletic figures probably wouldn't pay much attention to another Korean woman who has the same Irene figure but lacks everything else that makes Irene so attractive to others.

If a man prefers a larger woman, and he has to choose between two attractive women, one who is larger and one who is slim, he's going to go with the larger woman. Because that's his preference, and, as long as she has other qualities that he considers attractive (pretty face, nice smile, etc.), he's going to go with that.

Also, could you stop comparing larger women to animals? I get that you don't find them attractive, but you don't need to demean them in order to say so.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2020, 09:12:21 am »
Also, could you stop comparing larger women to animals? I get that you don't find them attractive, but you don't need to demean them in order to say so.

He's just being bullish.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2020, 09:13:53 am »
Sixty per cent of Australians are overweight or obese but only about 30 percent realise they are.

Sounds like a pretty big deal until you stop and consider that the global percentage for overweight adults sits (heavily) at around 40%.
Australia also lags behind several other English speaking countries: the USA, New Zealand, and Canada. In some of those cases, the difference is quite sizable.
    Fact is, the average percentage for developed countries weighs in at well over 50%, a number that is steadily growing. This is an issue that will eventually become a massive burden on our health care systems unless we can scale those numbers back

It is interesting that such a large percentage of overweight (or obese) folk don't acknowledge their chubbiness. That in itself is a tremendous problem: can't fix something when nobody sees that it's broken.

Keep in mind that there is a reasonably strong correlation between level of education  and obesity. The higher one's educational attainment, the less likely one is to be fat.
   That might explain some of the discrepancy you noticed.
{s} After all, it's extremely unlikely that people would stoop to lying to strangers on the internet.{/s}
"The National College Health Risk Behavior Survey suggests that as many as 35% of college students may be overweight or obese"   https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/12/3000

Yeah, it's around 10% lower among university students. Not 85%.
{s} Oh, hey, apologies. I may have been too subtle. {/s}
Let me go back and put in the sarcasm marks.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:26:31 pm by kyndo »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2020, 09:20:13 am »
Every category of body-type has what people would term as "10s", people who will get noticed by everyone, no matter what.

But we were talking about general body type qualities that different groups of people tend to gravitate towards, and, I can tell you, while most men would never turn down a chance at, say, an IU or Irene, the ones who prefer more curvaceous or athletic figures probably wouldn't pay much attention to another Korean woman who has the same Irene figure but lacks everything else that makes Irene so attractive to others.

If a man prefers a larger woman, and he has to choose between two attractive women, one who is larger and one who is slim, he's going to go with the larger woman. Because that's his preference, and, as long as she has other qualities that he considers attractive (pretty face, nice smile, etc.), he's going to go with that.

Again, yes I agree. Every body type does have 10's. Facially. But the number scale takes into account the whole package. If you have a 10 face and a 1 body, you're a 5, for example. Sure, thats what I said. An IU or an Irene gets chosen 9/10 times, because 90% of men prefer that. 10% wouldn't be interested because they like bacon.

Second point I agree with you too. 'If a man prefers a larger woman', yes 'IF'. If a man doesn't prefer anything really, they would choose the one who doesn't risk crushing him 9/10 times.

I admire your attempt to encourage fat attraction, but thats just how it is. Sometimes a dude will go after the big bones, but that is rare. When it happens, awesome! You get your oats girl!

Also, I'll politely decline your request to alter the language that I use thank you. I will continue to use the language I wish, and in return I will politely request that you accept my freedom of expression. If that makes you uncomfortable, it is your choice to skim over the posts or end the conversation. I will 100% respect whichever choice you make.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:58 am »
He's just being bullish.

Get nowhere being sheepish.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2020, 09:27:53 am »
Get nowhere being sheepish.
Otterly riduckulous.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2020, 09:31:09 am »
Quit horsing around you rambunctious rapscallion!

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2020, 09:35:30 am »
I mean, I actually know women who legit prefer men with dad bods over anything else.

I'm not surprised.

So far, everyone seems to be discussing this objectively and sensibly, so I suppose there's no harm bringing this up; men and women are cognitively and physically different.

Generally, men are more fixated on physical appearance of the mate. In many cases, women aren't that simple, many women's own physical appearance influences the attraction as well. (while factors like money, humor, intelligence, kindness etc. are part of attraction, I'm going to leave them aside for now)

If a guy is fat, balding, short and ugly, he's generally not going to give a crap about how he looks if a "10" women, completely out his league, gives him the green light. He'll be ready to go, in a heartbeat. 

With women, while she'll always be attracted to the physical traits evolution has programmed us to be attracted to, she's less likely to go for the '10' guy (physically appearance only), if she sees herself as less than a '10'. Many women want to be the rose, they're not keen on their men being prettier than they are. On a similar principle the traditional attractive Asian female is seen as "pure", "innocent" and somewhat "meek", this kind of woman can make even the most insecure man feel powerful in comparison, likewise, many women are attracted to the more mature looking men as it makes them look younger and prettier in comparison... just part of my theory. 

The other factor is that the 'dad-bod' is associated with the farther figure i.e. a provider, which is essentially what many women are looking for in a partner.

I suggest that it could also be a combination of the two factors, but ultimately I'm leaning to the first as making the stronger case.

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2020, 09:40:02 am »
Again, yes I agree. Every body type does have 10's. Facially. But the number scale takes into account the whole package. If you have a 10 face and a 1 body, you're a 5, for example. Sure, thats what I said. An IU or an Irene gets chosen 9/10 times, because 90% of men prefer that. 10% wouldn't be interested because they like bacon.

Second point I agree with you too. 'If a man prefers a larger woman', yes 'IF'. If a man doesn't prefer anything really, they would choose the one who doesn't risk crushing him 9/10 times.

I admire your attempt to encourage fat attraction, but thats just how it is. Sometimes a dude will go after the big bones, but that is rare. When it happens, awesome! You get your oats girl!

Also, I'll politely decline your request to alter the language that I use thank you. I will continue to use the language I wish, and in return I will politely request that you accept my freedom of expression. If that makes you uncomfortable, it is your choice to skim over the posts or end the conversation. I will 100% respect whichever choice you make.

We'll agree to disagree, then, because I wasn't trying to push body positivity (which isn't a bad thing at all -- people can push for healthier lifestyles without shaming others or trying to force them into it by telling them they're not people or worthy of respect unless they're the right size or shape), but was speaking from what I have personally experienced and witnessed.

Perspectives are a little different when you're the pursued vs the pursuer. I have known larger women who lost weight, and the "quality" of their pursuers also dropped as a result.

As for freedom of expression, people also have the right to be respected and to criticize others who attempt to violate that out of some misguided sense of self-interest. You want to express yourself any way you feel like, that's fine, as long as you can accept that freedom of expression isn't one-way and does not equate to freedom from consequence. If someone doesn't like how you're expressing yourself, especially when you're using it as a method to excuse verbally abusing others, you're just going to have to accept that you're going to get called out for it sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:51:15 am by Chinguetti »

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:38 am »
I've got a gut that I am proud of. It has taken me several years of dedication to drinking to achieve. I am ultimately comfortable in my own skin. That's why I don't worry about impressing people with silly stats.

My BMI....I have no idea.

My ICL...100%

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2020, 09:46:52 am »
I'm not surprised.

So far, everyone seems to be discussing this objectively and sensibly, so I suppose there's no harm bringing this up; men and women are cognitively and physically different.

Generally, men are more fixated on physical appearance of the mate. In many cases, women aren't that simple, many women's own physical appearance influences the attraction as well. (while factors like money, humor, intelligence, kindness etc. are part of attraction, I'm going to leave them aside for now)

If a guy is fat, balding, short and ugly, he's generally not going to give a crap about how he looks if a "10" women, completely out his league, gives him the green light. He'll be ready to go, in a heartbeat. 

With women, while she'll always be attracted to the physical traits evolution has programmed us to be attracted to, she's less likely to go for the '10' guy (physically appearance only), if she sees herself as less than a '10'. Many women want to be the rose, they're not keen on their men being prettier than they are. On a similar principle the traditional attractive Asian female is seen as "pure", "innocent" and somewhat "meek", this kind of woman can make even the most insecure man feel powerful in comparison, likewise, many women are attracted to the more mature looking men as it makes them look younger and prettier in comparison... just part of my theory. 

The other factor is that the 'dad-bod' is associated with the farther figure i.e. a provider, which is essentially what many women are looking for in a partner.

I suggest that it could also be a combination of the two factors, but ultimately I'm leaning to the first as making the stronger case.

Actually, they did a study that showed that everyone, both men and women, tend to go for others that they rate in their own leagues.

As for the women I know who prefer men with dad bods, it's actually because they consider them more "cuddly" and less threatening. And, I don't know, I guess a lot of men with dad bods also tend to be more mellow and chill to them. Like they feel less of a need to prove themselves to everyone. But at the same time, I've known men with dad bods who were the very opposite of chill, lol. So yeah, if we're just talking about the physical parts of it, it's because they're "cuddly," but not too "cuddly." Makes them both fun and easy to spoon with, is how it's been described to me.

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2020, 09:47:44 am »
I've got a gut that I am proud of. It has taken me several years of dedication to drinking to achieve. I am ultimately comfortable in my own skin. That's why I don't worry about impressing people with silly stats.

My BMI....I have no idea.

My ICL...100%

You've claimed to not drink in one thread, while claiming to love alcohol in the other.
You claim you skied in the alps before most of us were born while claiming to be 30yrs old in another thread.

While we might not know your BMI, everyone here knows your BSI is completely off the charts.
Go away, nobody takes you or your trolling seriously anymore.

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2020, 10:17:26 am »
I'm not surprised.

Women are only attracted to social status. Money, looks, success, these are only a means of judging a fella's social status. A broke ugly poet can get desirable women... if he's highly regarded in the literary community community. There is only social status.

I'm not an incel or red-pilled or whatever, before anyone starts. It just is what it is. I have no interest in judging people for the mates they choose, or their reasons for so choosing. We're all animals at the end of the day.
Does your wife submit to you?

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2020, 10:25:01 am »
Actually, they did a study that showed that everyone, both men and women, tend to go for others that they rate in their own leagues.

As for the women I know who prefer men with dad bods, it's actually because they consider them more "cuddly" and less threatening. And, I don't know, I guess a lot of men with dad bods also tend to be more mellow and chill to them. Like they feel less of a need to prove themselves to everyone. But at the same time, I've known men with dad bods who were the very opposite of chill, lol. So yeah, if we're just talking about the physical parts of it, it's because they're "cuddly," but not too "cuddly." Makes them both fun and easy to spoon with, is how it's been described to me.

What study? Either way, it kind of strengthens my point. A "4" guy isn't going to go for a "10" girl, not because he doesn't find her attractive, but simply because he doesn't want to humiliate himself. Should the "10" girl, for some reason, go up to the "4" guy and give him an invitation, he'd almost certainly agree. If a "10" guy approaches a "4" girl, she won't be as easy to persuade as the "4" guy. Concerns like:

- I don't want to look ugly compared to him
- I don't want him to think I'm easy
- I don't feel beautiful

might arise. For the same reason, the "6" woman is not going to go for the "10" guy.

Yes, people tend to "go" for people in their own league, but that's not the same as "only being attracted to" people in their own league.   

The word threatening stood out to me because that's pretty much what it is; she doesn't want her partner to threaten her spot as the fairer sex. The "mellow and chill" sound like innuendo for "I want a guy who likes sitting on the couch and eating pizza so I feel less guilty about sitting on the couch eating pizza."

Ultimately, no self respecting man or women should really invest much more than purely academic interest into the subject. Super hot Korean woman tells me I look great, but I'd look better if I shaved my beard because Korean women like guys without beards and with 2-blocks, she can take a hike.

While very entertaining, tongue and cheek and I don't agree with everything he says, his argument goes in the same general direction as mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlIPOTbuH8

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2020, 10:32:36 am »
What study? Either way, it kind of strengthens my point. A "4" guy isn't going to go for a "10" girl, not because he doesn't find her attractive, but simply because he doesn't want to humiliate himself. Should the "10" girl, for some reason, go up to the "4" guy and give him an invitation, he'd almost certainly agree. If a "10" guy approaches a "4" girl, she won't be as easy to persuade as the "4" guy. Concerns like:

- I don't want to look ugly compared to him
- I don't want him to think I'm easy
- I don't feel beautiful

might arise. For the same reason, the "6" woman is not going to go for the "10" guy.

Yes, people tend to "go" for people in their own league, but that's not the same as "only being attracted to" people in their own league.   

The word threatening stood out to me because that's pretty much what it is; she doesn't want her partner to threaten her spot as the fairer sex. The "mellow and chill" sound like innuendo for "I want a guy who likes sitting on the couch and eating pizza so I feel less guilty about sitting on the couch eating pizza."

Ultimately, no self respecting man or women should really invest much more than purely academic interest into the subject. Super hot Korean woman tells me I look great, but I'd look better if I shaved my beard because Korean women like guys without beards and with 2-blocks, she can take a hike.

While very entertaining, tongue and cheek and I don't agree with everything he says, his argument goes in the same general direction as mine

What you're saying isn't false, but I just wanted to point out that it's not really the full story, and it's definitely not true in every case. Also, I don't recall the name of the study, but they even made a documentary about it. Willing to bet it has something to do with sexual attraction combined with social overrides, or whatever, though.

As for the non-threatening bit, it's more about avoiding men who refuse to compromise and tend to be on the argumentative and aggressive side. Men who are more mellow and chill tend to be better listeners, and there's a level of empathy that gets associated with that. These are guys who are more willing to talk about whatever issues they have instead of bottling them up and only really expressing their feelings when they're angry (the threatening part). They're less likely to go around punching walls and slamming doors whenever they're upset. They're more likely to be willing to share in household responsibilities without turning it into a major fight. As in, they don't tie in their senses of masculinity with being the alpha bosses in the relationships.

That sort of thing. Of course, there will be people who're looking for others who won't be as likely to criticize them for any bad habits, too, but for the women that I'm talking about, it's more about feeling warm and safe with their partners.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:49:13 am by Chinguetti »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2020, 10:42:37 am »
Anyone know why the lady shapes poll was locked?

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2020, 10:50:30 am »
Anyone know why the lady shapes poll was locked?

Probably because it was a little too demeaning in the sense that women were being rated on how physically attractive men found their body types.

It's perfect fodder for a flame war.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2020, 10:57:54 am »
Probably because it was a little too demeaning in the sense that women were being rated on how physically attractive men found their body types.

It's perfect fodder for a flame war.

Are you serious? It's the kind of question you see debated in magazines/newspapers/online all the time. The language used wasn't disrespectful either.