Read 13516 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: Quote: Most Nets are overweight (LI)
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2020, 04:56:07 am »
I always remember when my coteacher was talking about K-pop idols that she likes and that she loved their abs.  I thought to myself well yeah of course you can see his abs because he weighs about 9 stone haha.

Women are attracted to men who look like this; men are attracted to women who look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cV0Ew9edM

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2020, 11:17:15 pm »
Probably still some votes to come in but looks like LI was wrong about most NETs being overweight - on this site at least. Perhaps you were basing it on something else like people you met or your orientation. The majority of Korea NETs are pretty young so are more likely to be thin than a normal cross section of Westerners.

NETS just let themselves go more when they age compared to Koreans.  So, I wonder if some Korean girls regret marrying them.  Ha ha. 

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2020, 09:22:56 pm »
Women are attracted to men who look like this; men are attracted to women who look like this:

Korean women in the US are hot. Korean women in Korea are just not. They get too much plastic surgery that gives them "cute" puffy eyelids, and they cover their faces badly with pasty white makeup. Or they never go outside so they get vampire death pallor.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:28:28 pm by MayorHaggar »
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2020, 07:25:48 am »
Korean women in the US are hot. Korean women in Korea are just not. They get too much plastic surgery that gives them "cute" puffy eyelids, and they cover their faces badly with pasty white makeup. Or they never go outside so they get vampire death pallor.

gogators and DeMart have had some horrific and comically bad takes, but this is probably the worst.

Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2020, 07:41:44 am »
gogators and DeMart have had some horrific and comically bad takes, but this is probably the worst.

Absolutely vile.

The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2020, 07:51:40 am »
No prizes for guessing how you voted in the lady shapes poll. Assuming you've done it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:59:53 am by stoat »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2020, 08:06:53 am »
No prizes for guessing how you voted in the lady shapes poll. Assuming you've done it.
haha, I imagine most of y'all can guess.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2020, 08:12:48 am »
My guess was that you spend at least 20 minutes trying to trick the system into allowing you to check multiple boxes.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2020, 08:16:42 am »
My guess was that you spend at least 20 minutes trying to trick the system into allowing you to check multiple boxes.

Is this............... .. is this a joke? haha

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:15 am »
Wasn't sure if I should say anything, but whatever, here I go.

Every man has his own type, and just about every man I've ever known also has exceptions to his type. To top it off, patterns of "types" are heavily influenced by what a community (to include media) says is beautiful or sexy. If you're brought up to think that one type is an ideal, then you'll have a stronger pattern of men and women who'll try to pursue that ideal. Beauty standards have changed over time, and you can see how they differ from country to country and even region to region. In Asian countries, they value petite, slim figures (sometimes to the point of anorexic). In Latin American countries, they value very curvacious figures. And the U.S. is a huge mish mash, although recent trends have been more towards athletic builds.

In every single one of those places, though, you'll still have large numbers of men who deviate away from the "norm" and prefer something completely different. Even here in Korea, a lot of the men actually prefer larger women -- they just won't openly admit to it to most people because they'll get mocked for it, lol. Instead, they marry who they're expected to, and pay for/pursue women who are closer to their types on the side. And, curiously, I actually know enough bodybuilders who like bigger, chunkier women that I can definitely say it's a trend for them. Maybe not a majority, but it's a big category of them.

With that in mind, I don't know how accurate the results of that poll would have been, lol. It was probably meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but we all know that there is a fair number of the NETs who came here for the specific purpose of being surrounded by their "type," and, logically, they're not representative of all or even most men.  :undecided:

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:38 am »
Let's have a poll for the very few female forum browsers.

What is most attractive?

-a swimmer
-a powerlifter
-a bodybuilder
-a sumo wrestler
-an average English teacher in Korea

Please choose us waygooks!   

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2020, 08:17:51 am »
Obesity rates:

USA:                 36.8%
New Zealand: 30.8%
South Africa:   28.3%
Canada:           29.4%
Australia:         29%
UK:                   27.8%
Ireland:            25.3%

Average:         29.54%

Waygook average: 6.1%. I'm not going to accuse Waygook users of being liars. They're fat liars.

Anecdotally I would estimate that AT LEAST 15% of NSETS I've interacted with here are obese. I would love if some other posters could post their estimates.
Does your wife submit to you?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2020, 08:21:13 am »
Is this............... .. is this a joke? haha
I've no idea what you mean. :huh:

Obesity rates:
Waygook average: 6.1%. I'm not going to accuse Waygook users of being liars. They're fat liars.
Anecdotally I would estimate that AT LEAST 15% of NSETS I've interacted with here are obese. I would love if some other posters could post their estimates.
Keep in mind that there is a reasonably strong correlation between level of education  and obesity. The higher one's educational attainment, the less likely one is to be fat.
   That might explain some of the discrepancy you noticed. After all, it's extremely unlikely that people would stoop to lying to strangers on the internet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:27:51 am by kyndo »

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2020, 08:21:43 am »

I can only assume you are one of these posters that haven't lived in Korea for quite some time. 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2020, 08:29:38 am »
After all, it's extremely unlikely that people would stoop to lying to strangers on the internet.

Half the Australians who are overweight don't realise it, and it's more likely to be men who are in denial.
https://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2011/s3317285.htm
Sixty per cent of Australians are overweight or obese but only about 30 percent realise they are.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2020, 08:31:21 am »
they're not representative of all or even most men

Was with you until this part. Yeah, sure there are some guys out there who like the big ol' hogs and there are some who dig the sticks who like chunking after a meal. But no doubt most men like girls who look banging. (That is, curvy in all the right places, no bingo wings/saggy ****/thunder thighs) The type where you clock her and almost actually say ''WOW''. The 10's are out of most of our leagues, but for sure that's what 'most' guys are into.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2020, 08:42:32 am »
Yeah, sure there are some guys out there who like the big ol' hogs

Thank you for understanding my unique situation.

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43:09 am »
they're not representative of all or even most men

Was with you until this part. Yeah, sure there are some guys out there who like the big ol' hogs and there are some who dig the sticks who like chunking after a meal. But no doubt most men like girls who look banging. (That is, curvy in all the right places, no bingo wings/saggy ****/thunder thighs) The type where you clock her and almost actually say ''WOW''. The 10's are out of most of our leagues, but for sure that's what 'most' guys are into.

I mean, regardless of what their body type preferences actually are, a pretty face is still a pretty face.

That's why I said that all men have exceptions to their types. You can have men who'll swear up and down that anything more than a handful is gross, but those same men would still turn their heads for an Ashley Graham, Kim Kardasian, or even an Adelle or Lizzo.

To illustrate, I have a very slim and lithe friend here who is very popular in Korea. She's a foreigner with that slim, asian build, so she tends to turn a lot of heads. But whenever she's in certain neighborhoods where the main demographic are non-Asian, non-NET expats, she gets completely ignored, while my more curvaceous friend gets stared at non-stop. Both ladies are very attractive, and I'm not just saying that because they're my friends. They have absolutely no problems with dating anywhere they go. But, we have all noticed a pattern in the kinds of men who tend to be drawn to one over the other when both of them are present.

So.  :undecided: All men have their types, and all men have exceptions to their types, and body type is not the only thing they look for or are attracted to. And most men can still admit to when a woman who doesn't fit within their "type" is still very attractive.

Like... I'm not on that Chris Hemsworth bandwagon. He's not my "type." But I can still admit that he is a very beautiful and attractive man, and I'd still notice him if he were around.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:51:47 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2020, 08:46:15 am »
Keep in mind that there is a reasonably strong correlation between level of education  and obesity. The higher one's educational attainment, the less likely one is to be fat.
   That might explain some of the discrepancy you noticed. After all, it's extremely unlikely that people would stoop to lying to strangers on the internet.

"The National College Health Risk Behavior Survey suggests that as many as 35% of college students may be overweight or obese"   https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/12/3000

Yeah, it's around 10% lower among university students. Not 85%.

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2020, 08:52:57 am »
Obesity rates:

USA:                 36.8%
New Zealand: 30.8%
South Africa:   28.3%
Canada:           29.4%
Australia:         29%
UK:                   27.8%
Ireland:            25.3%

In all of the countries mentioned, particularly the US, those with obesity usually hail from poverty stricken areas, are generally not active in life and are usually in some kind of sad rut.
It takes a significant amount of money and effort to make it through university. We could also argue that obesity is going to be a factor during the EPIK hiring process. I'd also bet that obese people generally have a tough time dealing with Korean beauty standards, the anxiety which comes with being away from home compounded on top of the anxiety of their weight, which makes them likely to skidaddle after the first year.

That said, I'd say about 10% of the NETs I've seen are obese and a hell of a lot are overweight. Generally, the guys are either overweight or skinny fat, the women are generally chubby (but at least most tend to take care of their appearance). The overweight NETs I'd generally attribute to drinking.

Not trying to mock, just laying out some anecdotal observations.