Read 612 times

Strategies for advertising- English tutor
« on: April 18, 2020, 07:06:39 pm »
Prior to the Covid outbreak a little more than half of my income was from tutoring. The rest was from a pt job. With my pt hours greatly reduced due to the virus...i would like to pick up more tutoring  gigs. All of my tutoring jobs came about through word of mouth. 

I'm considering making this my sole source of income (teaching wise). So i guess I'll need to advertise. All of my tutoring jobs are with elementary aged kids and pay quite well. I'm happy with this arrangement but am open to teaching adults as well.

Any tips as to finding new clients? Online ads, leaflets,etc...
I'm in an f6 visa btw

Re: Strategies for advertising- English tutor
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 08:33:49 am »
Never done it myself, but I've heard of people living in apartments with lots of kids putting up banners on the outside of their balconies. ....I'm not sure, but don't you need to register with the local office of education to tutor children?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 11:25:43 am »
Word of mouth is your best advertising, join some local kakao groups/naver groups. You can also post on a tutor matching site, but some don't allow foreigners.
But yeah signs around your area, posters etc. Also buy an ad in the local weekly papers.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 11:29:49 am »
What percentage of mothers are sending their kids to in-person tutoring during these coronavirus times?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 01:23:03 pm »
What percentage of mothers are sending their kids to in-person tutoring during these coronavirus times?
quite a lot. a lot of  (most?) hagwons are open again

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 04:19:08 pm »

I go to them. They dont come to me.
I think many parents prefer it to sending them to an academy with a dozen kids crammed into a class...picking theor noses.

I currently have 9 sessions/wk and it's enough to pay my rent and bills. Would like to double that number