Read 639 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
E-2 Visa Transfer Issues
« on: March 29, 2020, 01:26:41 pm »
Has anyone ever hear of,  needing tax documentation from your former school/academy, in order to transfer your E-2 visa in Seoul?  This is the first I have ever heard of this and while I do recognize it could be what the immigration offices in the Seoul area wanting but again, this is the first time I have heard of it.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:15:48 pm by NorthStar »

Re: E-2 Visa Transfer Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 10:10:28 am »
Has anyone ever hear of,  needing tax documentation from your former school/academy, in order to transfer your E-2 visa in Seoul?  This is the first I have ever heard of this and while I do recognize it could be what the immigration offices in the Seoul area wanting but again, this is the first time I have heard of it.
I'm transferring to Incheon from a public school this spring and was asked for this. I don't know when it "changed" as I'm only a year in, but just wanted to chime in that it's a) not just Seoul, and b) not just you.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 10:26:56 am »
I'm transferring to Incheon from a public school this spring and was asked for this. I don't know when it "changed" as I'm only a year in, but just wanted to chime in that it's a) not just Seoul, and b) not just you.

I see.

Well, it certainly blows when the former school refuses to provide one.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:11:04 pm »
Dang, that's obnoxious of them. Have you tried the website: hometax.go.kr? Supposedly it's available there.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 01:01:37 pm »
Dang, that's obnoxious of them. Have you tried the website: hometax.go.kr? Supposedly it's available there.

Yeah, there should be a way to get it even if the school won't give it to you directly.