Read 11187 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: Is Schooling Really Overrated? It Appears So.
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »
Kids will still go to school so both parents can work, or have the house to themselves for a while.

On top of that, students going to school helps develop social skills too; At least it's meant to haha.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2020, 12:33:35 pm »
Access to the internet may increase around the world with 5G technology.  A lot less wires and being "connected" as I understand it.  More wireless I hear.  I'm no techno guru though.  So, around the world, the net may help with some types of education.  Maybe some specialized subjects or communication or extra teaching documentary videos.  I think kids may still need basic instruction from a teacher and to have kids socialize in a classroom. 

As for basic schooling, reading, writing, arithmetic, etc could still be done in the classroom.  Some science or experiments or software for some math and some things like coding, learning languages, could be helpful.  But, schools also should teach kids to think for themselves instead of wasting time with indoctrination.  Worry more about basic skills than about third bathrooms and other such nonsense. 

But some automation, software, and distance learning could be used for specialized subjects while allowing more teachers to teach basic subjects and possibly either smaller class sizes or more smaller schools.   (So, kids don't ride the bus for an hour or two a day in some parts of North America.)

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2020, 12:35:28 pm »
yes but 5G causes coronavirus

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2020, 12:37:40 pm »

AIDS too from what I hear. 

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2020, 02:39:12 pm »
I cannot believe that this is a real thing, that there are real people out there who believe that nonsense.

Bet they're all antivax, too. Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2020, 03:03:17 pm »
I cannot believe that this is a real thing, that there are real people out there who believe that nonsense.

Bet they're all antivax, too. Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Yep, in England they burnt down a 5G mast or two.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2020, 03:39:06 pm »
AIDS too from what I hear. 

Not an issue. Kimchi will take care of that.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2020, 06:26:17 am »
I love some Covid-19 conspiracy!  Empty hospitals...Definit ely been watching too many David Icke videos

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52198946

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2020, 09:22:03 am »
I love some Covid-19 conspiracy!  Empty hospitals...Definit ely been watching too many David Icke videos  :laugh:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52198946

Yeah I was reading about that last night.  I watched the whole interview he did on London Real (luckily the video is still there).  Fascinating to me!  I think that live stream had something like 60,000 concurrent viewers.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2020, 09:34:42 am »

Standing near a windmill causes cancer too.
DEATH TO WINDMILLS!!!

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2020, 09:41:17 am »
Don’t waste your time listening to conspiracy theorists. They’re a source of misinformation.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2020, 09:45:35 am »
DEATH TO WINDMILLS!!!

Windmills do kill birds and are a nuisance in residential areas.  I'd put my money on solar and battery if they improve the technology.  Best solar has 20% efficiency and battery storage only goes so far.  Get it up to 70 or 80% and find a way to improve battery storage capacity by a million per cent and you've fixed the energy problems for generating power and for electric cars (including very fast charge times and a small integrated solar panel built into the roof).   Also make cars be able to drive several hundred kms on a charge while continually charging via small solar panel on the roof. 

Fix these issues and there will be a true revolution.  Current debate will be a moot point.  But until then, current technology will not power the grid and only the rich can afford to buy them or use them in their daily lives.  Currently, jobs will be killed and most people will live pretty miserable lives, all the while much of the rest of the world will continue to pollute freely.  Improve the technology dramatically, and kill two birds with one stone.  The developing world will switch over reducing air pollution to the earth overall and more people can disconnect and go off the grid around the world. 

In the meantime and where I disagree with the far left is trying to force changes before the technology is ready in only the west while ignoring China and elsewhere, not on the goal itself.  Get the tech improved first.  This does mean another 10 to 30 years of using traditional energy sources.  (But if China and probably soon to be African countries are polluting anyways, it'll make no difference anyways.  Just make some western ideologues have a false sense of feeling good about themselves.) 

That's my 2 cents worth. 

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2020, 09:48:53 am »
Windmills do kill birds and are a nuisance in residential areas.  I'd put my money on solar and battery if they improve the technology.  Best solar has 20% efficiency and battery storage only goes so far.  Get it up to 70 or 80% and find a way to improve battery storage capacity by a million per cent and you've fixed the energy problems for generating power and for electric cars (including very fast charge times and a small integrated solar panel built into the roof).   Also make cars be able to drive several hundred kms on a charge while continually charging via small solar panel on the roof. 

Fix these issues and there will be a true revolution.  Current debate will be a moot point.  But until then, current technology will not power the grid and only the rich can afford to buy them or use them in their daily lives.  Currently, jobs will be killed and most people will live pretty miserable lives, all the while much of the rest of the world will continue to pollute freely.  Improve the technology dramatically, and kill two birds with one stone.  The developing world will switch over reducing air pollution to the earth overall and more people can disconnect and go off the grid around the world. 

In the meantime and where I disagree with the far left is trying to force changes before the technology is ready in only the west while ignoring China and elsewhere, not on the goal itself.  Get the tech improved first.  This does mean another 10 to 30 years of using traditional energy sources.  (But if China and probably soon to be African countries are polluting anyways, it'll make no difference anyways.  Just make some western ideologues have a false sense of feeling good about themselves.) 

That's my 2 cents worth.

I just mocking Trumps stupidity, I don't know where this came from. haha.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2020, 10:46:23 am »
Don’t waste your time listening to conspiracy theorists. They’re a source of misinformation.

I don't know, David Icke's videos seem pretty well researched.  Although his theories seem way out there he does present evidence to back them up.  I don't think it's a waste of time listening to different points of view.

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2020, 11:36:23 am »

I agree, but we shouldn't label something a conspiracy theory based solely on where it came from, but rather the validity of the information itself.
If you're going to label any narrative a conspiracy theory simply because it wasn't reported trough mass media or official channels, you have have a problem.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2020, 09:49:39 pm »
On top of that, students going to school helps develop social skills too; At least it's meant to haha.

Indeed, school is largely for socialization.

Lots of my students now saying they wish to be back at at school already because they miss their friends.

Online classes are boring and if they have to study they'd rather do so with their classmates.
Catch my drift?

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2020, 03:35:37 am »
DEATH TO WINDMILLS!!!
Say that they do (and me personally, I'm not saying that's the case), surely whatever risk of cancer might exist is better than standing next to a coal plant belching smoke or a frickin nuclear reactor (which is safe, but still)

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2020, 08:25:40 am »
    Much as it hurts my national pride to say it, but... screw windmills!

Looking at future power sources, you guys might be interested in the ITER (International thermonuclear experimental reactor) currently (pun) being built in France. It's basically a tokamak fusion reactor that is well on the way towards  being a proof of concept for self-sustaining fusion (producing more energy output than is required for input is one of the critical thresholds for achieving practical fusion energy production).

The project began construction in 2008 It's slated to begin operation around 2027, and has already managed to accrue the 20 billion USD funding necessary to complete it.

Exciting stuff!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:28:46 am by kyndo »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2020, 08:33:01 am »
Say that they do (and me personally, I'm not saying that's the case), surely whatever risk of cancer might exist is better than standing next to a coal plant belching smoke or a frickin nuclear reactor (which is safe, but still)

Don't worry, I was just making a joke at the 5G causing cancer, which I'm assuming was also a joke, by doing my own joke, based on something Trump said: Trump said the noise from windmills / windmill turbines cause cancer. :p

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2020, 12:02:21 pm »
Amidst this coronavirus pandemic, I still think its overblown when compared to cancer.

Yes, I understand the urgency because covid19 is a contagious virus, but it's amazing how
9.6 million cancer patients and deaths suddenly disappeared from every hospital on this planet.

They literally do not exist.  The only people that exist in the hospital are the 200 patients with covid19
and 30 of them on ventilators.   

The thing with cancer is nobody still really knows what is causing it and why 23 million people get diagnosed
with it each year with 9+ million deaths per year.   One thing is for sure, compared to 100 years ago, we're
getting it a lot more than before (even if they couldn't measure the data back then).

That means either some form of technologies, chemicals in our food/water or pollutants in the air is causing
this.  I find this to be a lot more concerning and worrying than covid19.    Covid19 is easy.  Social distance yourself,
wear a mask, sanitize your hands/wash your hands, self quarantine......can cer isn't so easy.  If you know the 5 steps
to preventing it, please share it.  Nobody does.  Even the healthiest and fittest people on the planet get cancer and you'd
think they'd be the last person to get it.  It's like we don't care and we will just continue doing what we have
been doing so who knows, maybe 5G does or doesn't.  One thing is for sure, we weren't getting it before and we're
getting it a lot now, so something in the last 100 years or so causing this increase or spike.  It's literally the number 1 or 2 cause of death in this world....does anyone actually care?   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:04:51 pm by fruitloops »