Read 1818 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: Is Schooling Really Overrated? It Appears So.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 02:41:15 pm »
go on then. tell us how to make 20x our wages

...right, this should be good. 

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 04:02:01 pm »
...right, this should be good. 
Wait someone here is making like 600 million won a year? I'd be interested to know too... lol

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:19 am »
I assume they mean like an hour of labor can turn your wage into 20x that value by investing or something. 50k into 2 million. I assume by getting lucky in the market or crypto or some kind of risky arbitrage. Various losses not included

• fruitloops
  • Adventurer

• July 22, 2019, 12:00:41 pm
    • Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 01:44:40 pm »
What are you doing to make money online?

Well now we are getting into an entirely different world. I don't have the time to really explain my "journey"  but I can tell you this
for a fact, people are not what they seem.  If you think all english teachers in korea are only getting paid by their school job, you are
living in the dark and way behind the times.   To try and explain it all to you in one post would be irresponsible of me.

I can tell you that there are NUMEROUS ways and OPPORTUNITIES, especially as english teachers (heck, even as a foreigner), to make a lot
more money than just your school paycheck.   I think an event like this (the pandemic) which is turning millions (around the world or just watch
the news in america those poor people) into unemployment, affecting
businesses, and people going under, is an eye opening moment for them and will help everyone to realize that the new world and new money
is online.   Most still don't know that.  We still live on the old way of thinking, 9-5 job, 1 hour = 1 hour pay.  Personally, and I'm not happy that
covid19 pandemic is happening, but how I'm set up, I nearly quadrupled my income during this 1 month phase directly related to the virus panic
and scare.  I'm not gloating.  I'm not a rich guy per se.  I know this sudden increase for me is only going to last while the pandemic continues to scare
people.  It's just in everything, there is opportunity.  You just have to know what to do about it, have good timing, and be prepared to maximize what
you can...y'know...like waiting to catch a wave and ride it out til the next one comes.......

That's all I will say about it for now.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 01:49:29 pm by fruitloops »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 02:28:12 pm »
what

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30:13 pm »
this sounds like one of those MLM scheme ploys  :rolleyes:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 02:56:46 pm »
this sounds like one of those MLM scheme ploys  :rolleyes:

• Observer
  • Adventurer

• February 04, 2015, 07:42:35 am
    • Great Lakes
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 12:18:52 am »
https://undark.org/2020/03/06/coronavirus-books-amazon-outbreak/

It's going to be something like this, if not this exactly. This is the kind of sleazebag rank opportunism he's talking about. This is what you have to be willing to do to back up comments like this:

It's just in everything, there is opportunity.  You just have to know what to do about it, have good timing, and be prepared to maximize what
you can...y'know...like waiting to catch a wave and ride it out til the next one comes.......

This is why people like this never want to come right out and say what their magic moneymaking deal is. Oh, they'll pretend it's because they can't let you know so as to protect their oh-so-lucrative turf, but actually it's because their 'turf' is that of a flat-out con, ripping innocent people off based on fear, anxiety, panic and ignorance. And they don't care, just as long as it's money in their pocket.

He's literally the Jude Law character in Contagion, except he's real. And sitting here bragging about it, too. God. This world.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 02:34:58 pm »
The Hague (AFP) - From trafficking dodgy surgical masks to peddling counterfeit medicines and running internet scams, criminals are finding ways to profit from the coronavirus crisis, European police warn.

With billions of people under lockdown in their homes and borders shut, police chiefs say criminals are finding it hard to make money out of "traditional" activities like burglary and drug smuggling.

Instead they are preying on people's fears of the COVID-19 pandemic to sell them substandard protective goods or trick people out of their cash online, warned Europe's police agency Europol.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/corona-criminals-prey-europes-virus-fears-054006405.html

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:43 am »
Anyone having online classes like this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxM6_zEw2k

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 09:38:41 pm »
Schools prepare for online classes as virus shows no sign of abating

Schools are likely to offer virtual classes, instead of opening on April 6 as scheduled, as the novel coronavirus continues to spread.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200329000126

Even if schools do open, they would offer remote lessons should multiple infections occur in schools or community infections lead to school closures again, the ministry said.

• fruitloops
  • Adventurer

• Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 01:18:22 pm »
I'm by no means an expert or experienced person in online moneymaking methods.  I just started getting into it
the last couple years as I've experimented and tested out different things to try.

It's a simple and basic principle, people.  It's not a scam, it's not a pyramid scheme or MLM.  Have I tried to recruit anyone?
No.  Am I trying to sell anything on here? No.   All I said is that there are ways to supplement your income online.  You don't need
to "go into work" so to speak.  You can do it on your phone or your laptop or even at school with all the free time NETs have. 

If you listen carefully to what I even just wrote, I'm giving away some serious tips that most of you probably never even thought of before.

Anyways,  yeah, I've heard of all those opportunistic things people out there are trying to jump on to make a quick buck on this unfortunate situation.  I don't necessarily agree with that either, but guess what, that is the world of business.  That's what businesses and corporations have been doing for centuries.   You can always question the motives but the reality is that it all boils down to supply and demand.  I have what you want, so you're willing to pay for it.  You have what I want/need, so I'm willing to pay for it.   That's the basic principle of business.

If you actually know me, you'd find out that I am Trekkie (Star Trek reference).  I love the idea of a moneyless society where people no longer work and live for money but we work and live for the contribution to humanity as a whole.  In other words, we all put aside greed and power for selfish pursuits and selfish gains, but instead somehow find a way to do it it simply for the betterment of humanity and the goals we share.  But this idea is of course still very far-fetched and somewhat naive/idealistic ....but Gene Roddenberry was onto something for sure.

I made some money off youtube but not a lot.  But I've been seeing a lot of popular youtubers trying to bank on the coronavirus....who wouldn't and who isn't?  They are all making videos about it, talking about it, blah blah blah and getting their hundreds of thousands of views and subs and probably making a couple grand per video (unless YT deems the video not suitable for advertisers and de-monetizes it).

For those of you who also think that making online is some ponzi scheme or scam, must not realize that people are making thousands of dollars a month off their IG accounts and other social media.  It bothers me, too, to think that all you had to do was a be a really attractive young girl and post some images of yourself on IG doing silly things like dancing, wear revealing outfits, shake what your momma gave you, and just be an attention w****.  and BAM you could reach instant success and millions.  Case in point, Charli D'Amelio...a 15 year old girl who over the past year gained billions of views/likes/hearts, starred in super bowl commercial, was recently a guest on the tonight show, so on and so forth....all for what?  She's young and pretty and can dance....they are a dime a dozen but hey, she hit it viral and got lucky and will ride the wave and make her millions before it all fizzles away and she's 30 and nobody cares about her then.

Yes folks, this is the reality that we live in.  You all know it.  You all contribute to it by watching those YT videos and subscribing....what? You didn't know that watching, liking, and subscribing to YT channels and IG actually pays them money?? :O

Why do you think every single youtuber annoyingly says in their video, "And please don't forget to SMASH that like button and subscribe and tell all your friends!"  ..... what they really mean to say is, "please continue to watch my videos because it pays me money".

I missed the days when YT was not monetized and it was only for fun and for hobbyists and out of passion.  That's when it was sincere and genuine.  Now everyone is disingenuous really just doing it for money and they don't really care about you the viewers even though they say that in every video they post, "I really love all you guys so much!".  Yeah right.

There's also been a long trend of foreigners using the korean wave to profit from it, especially being a foreigner in korea and speaking fluent korean.   I won't tell you specific channels, but you should know by now that these people as lame as they may seem, actually hit it very big with the trend/fad and rode the korean wave to stardom.  Many of them now are millionaires and basking in their glory living in korea as a foreigner all because of what? They were young, good looking, and were able to speak fluent korean?    There have been numerous english teachers in korea who have also tried to follow the same path.  You know who you are out there (some of them are reading this).    You teach english in Korea but you try and become a youtube star because you can speak Korean and record your life in Korea, and try to do reaction videos (that are so overused and overdone now). 

Anyways, that's just a small snippet of what is actually going on online.  The market online is the future.  It's the biggest market you could ever fantasize about.  Why you aren't trying to tap into it is not a question for me to ask you.  You should be asking yourself that.     

I love talking about this stuff so if anyone has more questions, feel free to ask.  I'll give you my opinions, but that's all they are.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:25:08 pm by fruitloops »

• fruitloops
  • Adventurer

• Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:34:26 pm »
Schools prepare for online classes as virus shows no sign of abating

Schools are likely to offer virtual classes, instead of opening on April 6 as scheduled, as the novel coronavirus continues to spread.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200329000126

Even if schools do open, they would offer remote lessons should multiple infections occur in schools or community infections lead to school closures again, the ministry said.

Sadly, that's what it is coming to.  100% guaranteed after reading that, there's no way school is starting on April 6.  It's going to be delayed another 2 weeks.

This is why the whole situation is basically going to activate all countries and education systems to begin preparing for a transition from in-person to online/virtual education.   This is only the beginning of the transition.  We'll eventually reach a time where schools as we known it will cease to exist.  That's why I said, schools are really overrated.  People will find other ways to educate themselves and advance in life.   You can be sure that they will prepare an online/virtual curriculum from now on so that in the future when another outbreak occurs (and it will), it will be an easy transition to just "skip school" and go into online mode.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 01:51:47 pm »
Sadly, that's what it is coming to.  100% guaranteed after reading that, there's no way school is starting on April 6.  It's going to be delayed another 2 weeks.

This is why the whole situation is basically going to activate all countries and education systems to begin preparing for a transition from in-person to online/virtual education.   This is only the beginning of the transition.  We'll eventually reach a time where schools as we known it will cease to exist.  That's why I said, schools are really overrated.  People will find other ways to educate themselves and advance in life.   You can be sure that they will prepare an online/virtual curriculum from now on so that in the future when another outbreak occurs (and it will), it will be an easy transition to just "skip school" and go into online mode.
i doubt it. a lot of families have 2 working parents (or 1 single working parent) and they'll need somewhere to put their kids for the day. i'm betting that, if anything, online teaching this next week or so will show what a complete shit show it is
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:53:45 pm by oglop »

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 04:44:37 pm »
Why not? Today's generation have no communication ability anyway, so what is there to lose?

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 06:08:33 pm »

Despite the plethora of smartphones and computers you see your students have, a large chunk don't have the resources for online school. A lot of them don't have cells, and their homes either an outdated, or no computer at all.

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 06:20:17 pm »
South Korea has the highest smartphone penetration in the world. Even most old folks have one. More smartphones than people. (I guess some have a separate phone for work related stuff ... and maybe a different phone for contacting their mistress.) If a household doesn't have a smart phone, tablet, or computer, (which is highly unlikely) ... the government can provide one. Or they'll have to borrow one or go to where one is I guess.

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 07:13:47 pm »
South Korea has the highest smartphone penetration in the world. Even most old folks have one. More smartphones than people. (I guess some have a separate phone for work related stuff ... and maybe a different phone for contacting their mistress.) If a household doesn't have a smart phone, tablet, or computer, (which is highly unlikely) ... the government can provide one. Or they'll have to borrow one or go to where one is I guess.
So Capitalist of you.

Yes, I'd say virtually everyone over the age of say 12 has a cellphone, but not everyone has a smartphone. I'd guestimate around 10% can't afford access a smartphone, or tablet, or something they can use for online classes, Often in school those students who don't have smartphone would be too embarrassed to pull out their flip phone.

As long as there are poor people, physical schools will have their place
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:16:17 pm by pkjh »

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 07:51:51 pm »
Who's rich enough to have children yet too poor to afford a smartphone?

Almost everyone in South Korea has a smartphone.

Some of the very elderly are unfamiliar with the internet and thus use a flip phone.
____
S. Korea's Smartphone Penetration Highest in the World at 95%
http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=142787