Read 1009 times

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Cohort, you're not going to have that kind of infection rate if people put common-sense restrictions on social gatherings. You were shrugging this whole thing off like two days ago, encouraging everyone to just patiently wait for herd immunity to kick in.

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
I know, but that was extremely callous and shortsighted of me. I just don't want to cause anyone to die because I wasn't careful enough. I may have minor symptoms only and this might just blow over after all, but hearing estimates of 100.000s to die of the virus makes me concerned that perhaps Korea's recovery story is too good to be true.

If EU prediction model numbers were to be used on Korea's pop, doctors there should also be talking about 100.000s of casualties. Perhaps our scientists have it wrong or perhaps kimchi beats all, either way something doesn't add up here. Or am I making a mistake here?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:43:10 pm by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• 90S.- 0'E
    more
I think the grunt is just another way of saying impolitely ''ye'', isn't it?  The guy is literally asking ''are you ok?'' so his answer could totally be a simple nod of the head or a simple grunt if he is the senior ajossi.
I catch myself sometimes doing that to my students in the mornings.  :azn:
incumbo studiis

I was messaging my brothers last night and one of them was saying that he went to the supermarket and couldn't get "meat, bread, eggs or toilet paper"  :huh:

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• 90S.- 0'E
    more
Yeah, Boris is just handling this completely the wrong way, he tried to go against the EU grain; ''keep the stiff upperlip'' but eventually reality sank in with the British public, but far too late. That death toll number remains worrisome. Especially knowing that the first few days infected people don't show any symptoms...

Well, I guess things are going great in Korea so we must be panicking for no reason ...

(not)
incumbo studiis

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Yeah, Boris is just handling this completely the wrong way, he tried to go against the EU grain; ''keep the stiff upperlip'' but eventually reality sank in with the British public, but far too late. That death toll number remains worrisome. Especially knowing that the first few days infected people don't show any symptoms...

Well, I guess things are going great in Korea so we must be panicking for no reason ...

(not)

There is never a benefit to panicking.  Being frightened, cautious and careful are all beneficial.  But when fear mongering click baits lead to the shelves being empty it's moved on to unreasonable panic which does not help society as a whole get through things.  The shelves in North American supermarkets should not be getting cleared out.  That's panic.  I'm surprised that you're making a case for that behavior. 

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
I know, but that was extremely callous and shortsighted of me. I just don't want to cause anyone to die because I wasn't careful enough. I may have minor symptoms only and this might just blow over after all, but hearing estimates of 100.000s to die of the virus makes me concerned that perhaps Korea's recovery story is too good to be true.

If EU prediction model numbers were to be used on Korea's pop, doctors there should also be talking about 100.000s of casualties. Perhaps our scientists have it wrong or perhaps kimchi beats all, either way something doesn't add up here. Or am I making a mistake here?

You have a point...

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
How many of the Koreans infected recovered? How many are infected now and will die... but haven't died yet? That is important to note when making calculations.

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
I do think some of the headlines I'm seeing are overblown, and the numbers seem based on absolute worst case scenarios (i.e., California governer predicts 56% of population will become infected). It's important to factor in lots of variables.

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
One of the smartest people in world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

(five years ago)

Sounds like Britain could use a few ajosshis to run their viral outbreak containment program.

Also, love how the writer of that comic thinks of himself as the effing judge of this country who gets to decide things.

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• 90S.- 0'E
    more
Italians feel very differently than you guys, though...
I'm back to feeling concerned, I  should have stayed home..

https://youtu.be/o_cImRzKXOs
incumbo studiis