Read 2419 times

Re: Indian citizens now eligible for EPIK
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2020, 05:10:20 pm »
You're S. African, therefore it's clear why you defend the indefensible. I've met a few S. Africans, not many mind you, but I knew and lived close to a handful and through them met many of their countrymen. I was invited to a bris, or brie, or whatever you call it and talked to many.

One thing I noticed was this, whenever they were speaking to each other, they were not speaking English. Thus, they are not NES. Therefore they should not be eligible to teach in Korea.

Done.
confusedsaffer's opinion is indefensible because he's South African? Gotta love the bigotry here. South Africans have been wonderful teachers here and I dont get this.

Also, confusedsaffer, standing against ignorance is not being an apologist, and having your opinion disregarded due to ethnicity is wrong. Please remember this.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2020, 06:20:46 pm »
Well, my auntie does speak English with a strong Afrikaner accent... so I kind of get why they want to double-check SA applicants.

And Irish speak English with an Irish accent, which is worse?
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2020, 06:28:49 pm »
I remember even at the time thinking this was a bit racist, but of course they got away with it due to the low hanging nature of the fruit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2020, 07:27:39 pm »
I remember even at the time thinking this was a bit racist, but of course they got away with it due to the low hanging nature of the fruit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk
I was wondering when this video would make an appearance...

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2020, 07:36:31 pm »
Yep, wasn't going to mention it at first, but they wouldn't let it lie.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2020, 07:37:00 pm »
The guy was taken out of the picture, replaced by a stock photo model who has never set foot in Korea.

That's an expertly done photoshop. Looks like a real scene. Only looking right towards the shoulder area gives it away. 

What's with the fake pictures?  I mean they have hired tons of foreigners.  Why not take one of their pictures and use a real one?  Geeze.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2020, 07:37:27 pm »
confusedsaffer's opinion is indefensible because he's South African? Gotta love the bigotry here. South Africans have been wonderful teachers here and I dont get this.

Also, confusedsaffer, standing against ignorance is not being an apologist, and having your opinion disregarded due to ethnicity is wrong. Please remember this.

A lot of South Africans seem friendly enough to me.

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2020, 08:58:25 am »
I used to like Spitting Image and thought it was funny. I've never seen that video before but it didn't let me down.