Read 680 times

• seltow
  • Adventurer

• April 02, 2019, 11:16:13 am
    • South Korea
Early plans for summer camp 2020: Coco et al.
« on: March 10, 2020, 01:47:26 pm »
Hiya so with our lovely Corona-19 virus extra coronacation time I've started working on my plans for Summer camp.
So far I have one PPT for the Mexican Day of the Dead with the film Coco as a base. This PPT is just an info piece, so no vocab list yet, or anything. I was inspired by https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=115902.0 and I got some info from there. I have to break down the info quite a bit since my students are pretty low level elementary.
Anyway
The plan is to have them make paper marigolds and decorate sugar skulls (skulls will be premade by me, I got a mould off Amazon. Amazon has some fun decor elements too if you're keen to fork out a little from your own pocket, not sure schools will be too keen to use Amazon. They deliver quite fast though so that's good).

I am hoping to add to the camp by doing a different Disney film with a different cultural aspect to it. Last year I had a short two day camp with my middle schoolers, where we did Coco for Mexico, Brave for Scotland, Moana for the Polynesian islands, and Aladdin to look at the various cultural influences for the films and story.
For elementary I'm hoping to simplify it down a bit more for my students, and change it up a little bit.

Anyhow this is where I'm at for now, you might find it useful for something else, so enjoy.

The Ruthischoolfont is the font I used for most of the PPT, not using it might warp the dimensions. Waltograph is just the Disney font. I think I saved all the Disney font stuff I did as images.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:51:51 pm by seltow »

• seltow
  • Adventurer

• April 02, 2019, 11:16:13 am
    • South Korea
Re: Early plans for summer camp 2020: Coco et al.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:50:04 pm »
I'm also going to use this video in the class to either introduce the section, or to play while kids are working on activities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VPdpEV1m0

can either open in Youtube, or just use the file I attached.