Read 1334 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Tucker, Waters and Assange
« on: March 07, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »
I found this to be quite interesting.  Not only do we have a smart, informed and well spoken rock star (legend) making sense, Tucker and Fox News have him on the show....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6139209248001#sp=show-clips

Re: Tucker, Waters and Assange
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:09:56 pm »
ok boomer
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 08:03:04 pm »
ok boomer

Yes..dazzle us, MayorHuggies....daz zle. 

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 08:20:56 pm »
mayorhaggar , do you think that the response 'ok boomer' makes you look

1) intelligent
2) witty
3) original
3) at the sharp edge of the latest urban slang
4) young and cool
5) succinct but incisive
6) None of the above

If you correctly answered number 6, please desist from using it again. Along with all the other buzz words you like to 
employ.

. As for Roger Walters he's been irrelevant since the release of the Wall in 1979. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:11:54 pm by stoat »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 08:33:01 pm »
i never liked the wall. i think the only decent pink floyd albums are dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and animals. pink floyd seemed very hit or miss

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 08:45:04 pm »
i never liked the wall. i think the only decent pink floyd albums are dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and animals. pink floyd seemed very hit or miss

Personally I'd put Medal, just on the strength of Echoes, above Animals. As for the Wall, at the very least Comfortably numb, Another Brick in the Wall part 2 young Lust and 'there's no one home are all time classic tracks IMO.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 09:24:52 pm »
true, but i think PF and a better album band than a singles band. the wall has a couple of great songs, but it's not an album i'd listen to the whole way through. same with Medal (although echoes is great). DSOFM, animals and WYWH are all albums i can listen to on repeat without getting bored

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 09:57:38 pm »
Boys, you are missing two points. 

1.  The fact that a superstar (and Waters IS, a superstar), albeit some might think irrelevant, has an educated opinion on something without resorting to the typical typical spoon-fed, manufactured SJW narrative(s) as a response says something for Water's credibility.  Granted, I have heard him go off on political matters and I do wish that MOST people in his class..."celebrities", would just STFU and continue to do their job..which is to, entertain us (then again, most "celebrities", with their non-existent awareness or monumental ignorance, already do)  What Roger said, makes a lot of sense.

2.  If you boys want to really go into a PF debate....start another thread.  But keep this in mind...this goes deep (for those who actually have a brain and taste in music...sorry K-poop supporters/apologists, you will have to continue sitting at the little table).  The question is NOT which was the better album...the question is...was PF better with Barret, Waters or Gilmore, at the helm? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:59:49 pm by NorthStar »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 10:31:37 pm »
well waters is better than syd, but there wouldn't be PF without syd, and there wouldn't have been stuff like shine on you crazy diamond without syd. so both were... necessary(?) for PF. but the best albums, as i said above, were with waters at the helm

i do not, however, care for waters' political opinion. actually, this all reminded me of this. good answer klopp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUbwaXH-IU

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 11:35:51 pm »
well waters is better than syd, but there wouldn't be PF without syd, and there wouldn't have been stuff like shine on you crazy diamond without syd. so both were... necessary(?) for PF. but the best albums, as i said above, were with waters at the helm

I see your point and can agree.  Though, I would add...that perhaps each had their necessary moment(s) during each phase of the group. 

I find something lacking in the albums in which Gilmore was in charge, as I do when Waters was (though, I first listend to Floyd post Waters).  As for Syd...well...I'm not sure what to say, as his direct contributions were cut short. 

Anyways...I do find Water's contribution in the video to be quite intriguing.  He brings up valid points. 

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:37:39 pm by NorthStar »

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 12:20:32 am »
In my experience, the kind of people who say PF was better in the days of Syd Barrett are the same kind of people who say the best series of Blackadder was the first. Completely different to the kind of people who say Genesis was better with Peter Gabriel by the way.

Roger Waters was a genius and I'd happily listen to him all day in the topic of DSOTM. but listening to him talking for an extensive period on Julian Asange would be like hearing his in depth views on the Final Cut. Not for me.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 03:59:26 am »
mayorhaggar , do you think that the response 'ok boomer' makes you look

1) intelligent
2) witty
3) original
3) at the sharp edge of the latest urban slang
4) young and cool
5) succinct but incisive
6) None of the above

If you correctly answered number 6, please desist from using it again. Along with all the other buzz words you like to 
employ.

. As for Roger Walters he's been irrelevant since the release of the Wall in 1979. 

u mad
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 07:24:44 am »
Personally I'd put Medal, just on the strength of Echoes, above Animals. As for the Wall, at the very least Comfortably numb, Another Brick in the Wall part 2 young Lust and 'there's no one home are all time classic tracks IMO.

Pulse is one of the best Live albums out there.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 09:27:54 am »
In my experience, the kind of people who say PF was better in the days of Syd Barrett are the same kind of people who say the best series of Blackadder was the first. Completely different to the kind of people who say Genesis was better with Peter Gabriel by the way.

Roger Waters was a genius and I'd happily listen to him all day in the topic of DSOTM. but listening to him talking for an extensive period on Julian Asange would be like hearing his in depth views on the Final Cut. Not for me.

The video is roughly 7 minutes....he brings forth some interesting narratives.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 08:42:28 am »
Does your wife submit to you?

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 05:10:35 pm »

I'm sure you mean Meddle, a great album. I was introduced to Floyd when my older brother brought The Piper at the Gates of Dawn home in '68. I was 7 but it intrigued me.

A couple of years later when Ummagumma came out I was more smitten. However, Wish You Were Here is my favourite followed by Animals. Still regularly played when I'm sittin' alone stoned in my backyard......askin' myself why should I work so hard.....

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 05:06:33 pm »
Meddle is a very good album (the first Pink Floyd album I bought in fact - ON 8TRACK no less - and added  a lot more - altho' not every one, since then), especially If one has a proclivity toward fine herbal accompaniment, Another excellent PF album in that vein (altho' they all work well with some herbal addition) is Obscured By Clouds...another early purchase.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:09:12 pm by Titus Groan »

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 09:27:45 am »
Syd was the catalyst that got Pink Floyd going. I think Waters was the guy who pushed it over the top. Could Pink Floyd have come together, gelled and superceded without either? I am not convinced they could have.

Also, as a drummer, I feel Nick Mason's contributions to the band were overlooked and underappreciated.