Read 618 times

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: a child is born without a sex
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »
The Labour party line on whether it's fair for men to perform as women in professional sports is to avoid the question at all costs and accuse the questioner of transphobia and misogyny. Good on the female presenter for not putting up with any of her crap. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cf5JuJ-tdg

This is a perfect example of how  modern politics works. Lisa Tandy knows full well the vast majority of the British public would agree that it's not fair for a man who identifies as a woman to compete in women's sports and she probably thinks the same, but she also knows that the trans lobby has more clout in the media and can cause her a lot more problems than anyone on the other side. She could be no platformed, investigated for hate crimes, banned from twitter, heckled constantly at every hustings etc. Whereas the people who think men shouldn't compete as women generally don't give a crap about trans issues,  or are too scared to talk about them, but  they're not going to vote for an obvious loony. So she really has no option but to sit on the fence and refuse to answer the question. Jesus who'd be a politician in this day and age? 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 10:22:11 pm by stoat »

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:57 pm »
You obviously don't know how political parties work then. They have a party line on all but the most trivial of issues.

If that were true, why would primaries be such a big deal?

Huge amounts of fundraising and donations.

Moderate to most extreme, there's a spectrum within parties.

At any rate,

they lost the last election so dramatically.

So not a big worry, no?

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 09:41:37 pm »
If that were true, why would primaries be such a big deal?

No idea what a primary even is, let's just stick to what we know, eh?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 10:37:49 pm »
The Labour party line on whether it's fair for men to perform as women in professional sports is to avoid the question at all costs and accuse the questioner of transphobia and misogyny. Good on the female presenter for not putting up with any of her crap. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cf5JuJ-tdg

This is a perfect example of how  modern politics works. Lisa Tandy knows full well the vast majority of the British public would agree that it's not fair for a man who identifies as a woman to compete in women's sports and she probably thinks the same, but she also knows that the trans lobby has more clout in the media and can cause her a lot more problems than anyone on the other side. She could be no platformed, investigated for hate crimes, banned from twitter, heckled constantly at every hustings etc. Whereas the people who think men shouldn't compete as women generally don't give a crap about trans issues,  or are too scared to talk about them, but  they're not going to vote for an obvious loony. So she really has no option but to sit on the fence and refuse to answer the question. Jesus who'd be a politician in this day and age? 

Imagine she did this for any other question.

How will you improve the NHS?
I'd set up a commission......

How will you handle the Corona Pandemic?
I'd set up a commission.......

What's your average breakfast these days?
Let me ask my commission.........

You're a politician FFS, you want to lead a party, have an opinion, Christ.