Read 262 times

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas

Just wondering.

Every apartment block I have ever lived in in Korea has had its resident ajosshi who just loves using a power drill.

Maybe they get a sense of power out of disturbing everyones peace at the touch of a button. Usually at weekends or early in the morning.

There should be a law against selling them to ajosshis. Either that or there should be a law restricting their use to weekdays between 3 and 5pm only. Sure, maybe Koreans were taught to put up with such noise pollution through the 1950's and 60's as there was a need for construction. Workmen got a free pass to make as much noise they wanted at any time of day. But now it's a quality of life issue.

Catch my drift?

As a man, as long as it's not pre-8AM, I'm not bothered by the sounds of machinery and construction.
Also, how do you know it isn't an ajumma?

My apartment is so silent I wasn't even sure I had a neighbor. Either the sound insulation is really good, or he's really quiet and can hear everything  I do (embarrassing).

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
he's really quiet

A Korean neighbour, living very quietly? Highly unlikely!  ;D
incumbo studiis

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Where I live neighbours come round and tell you in advance when there's going to be noise.

A Korean neighbour, living very quietly? Highly unlikely!  ;D
Maybe it's a woman? I've never seen them.... they're like a ghost. I'd like to keep it a mystery at this point!

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
Maybe vacant room next to yours?

You're lucky it's just a drill. At my old apartment some workers came in and started using jackhammers on the walls of the floor beneath us at 6AM.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit