Read 960 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Sneezing in Public Virus Prank
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 09:54:25 am »
Only watched a few minutes of this but it doesn't exactly paint black people in a good light

But slavery was bad.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 09:59:13 am »
I'm pretty sure that you could find a similar video featuring members of other races hitting people who randomly approach and harass them.

Sounds like you're siding with the physical aggressors somewhat.

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2020, 10:01:59 am »
Sounds like you're siding with the physical aggressors somewhat.

No, just smart enough to know that if I went up to a shirtless guy on the street minding his own business, farted on him, and said "Hey, I farted on you", I'd probably get punched, regardless of his race. If you don't believe me, feel free to try with some local tracksuited teenagers next time you're in England.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 10:42:11 am »
I dont know, I think the majority of people would get angry but a minority would immediately start throwing punches. I could be wrong though. The guys performing these pranks would have the data on this, which would be more interesting to see than the pranks themselves IMO.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 10:48:55 am »
I dont know, I think the majority of people would get angry but a minority would immediately start throwing punches

Racist stoat confirmed.  :P

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 11:01:49 am »
I dont know, I think the majority of people would get angry but a minority would immediately start throwing punches. I could be wrong though. The guys performing these pranks would have the data on this, which would be more interesting to see than the pranks themselves IMO.

Yeah, the video was edited to show only incidences of people throwing punches. That's the whole point. I'm pretty sure you can find footage of black people being victims of pranks (or in this case, some arguably rather aggressive harassment) and not throwing punches. If you really want to take the empirical approach, you could always visit YouTube where you'll also find lots of videos of dumb, petty and violent British people toxic white males acting as physical aggressors.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 11:13:25 am »
Racist stoat confirmed.  :P

Ha ha, you know what i mean.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 11:23:16 am »
I'm pretty sure that you could find a similar video featuring members of other races hitting people who randomly approach and harass them.

Worse than harassment in many of the cases. Asking if you can punch someone is assault, and trying to pull up a stranger's pants is battery.

If you're defending these idiots, ask yourself one question. If the prankster approached a woman and groped her breast ( sexual battery as opposed to vanilla battery), and screeched "just a prank", would you still defend him? Why? If the woman punched the prankster, would you argue that she overreacted? That it paints women in a bad light?

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 12:06:19 pm »
Worse than harassment in many of the cases. Asking if you can punch someone is assault, and trying to pull up a stranger's pants is battery.

If you're defending these idiots, ask yourself one question. If the prankster approached a woman and groped her breast ( sexual battery as opposed to vanilla battery), and screeched "just a prank", would you still defend him? Why? If the woman punched the prankster, would you argue that she overreacted? That it paints women in a bad light?

Firstly, I only watched the first five clips so I didn't catch the examples other people have mentioned
Secondly, I don't think anyone is defending the pranksters, their behaviour was irresponsible in the clips I saw but not criminal.
Thirdly the people being pranked in the clips I saw definitely overreacted because there clearly wasn't any physical threat to them. if a guy runs up and grabs a woman's breast the woman could claim in a court of law they were scared for their physical safety.
Fourthly Uk law states there needs to be equal force in a case of self defence and none of the examples I saw showed this.
Fifthly The clips I saw did show people in a bad way because they reacted on their first basic instincts without pausing and assessing the situation in a normal way. E.g. Many of the ways the pranksters behaved e.g. stealing someone's pizza, are typical traits shown by people with disorders such as Asperger's or Autism, yet the reaction was to throw a punch that could conceivably have killed the person. Not good enough
Lastly, I accept if the video was edited and there was further altercation after the initial action and before the physical attacks, I would reassess my judgement. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:10:31 pm by stoat »

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 12:08:00 pm »

Stealing someone's food, too. Not actions that paint white people in the best light, I have to say.

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »
Firstly, I only watched the first five clips

and then made a generalization about black people.

Looking forward to your diatribe tomorrow about everyone else's logic failures, overblown accusations of racism and victimization of white men.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 12:14:12 pm »
and then made a generalization about black people.

Wrong I clearly stated that what I saw of the video didn't paint black people in a good light.  Your atempt to label me as a racist has been noted

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »
Ha ha. Okay. There are more effective means of not being labelled a racist, you know.

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 01:50:16 pm »
Fifthly The clips I saw did show people in a bad way because they reacted on their first basic instincts without pausing and assessing the situation in a normal way. E.g. Many of the ways the pranksters behaved e.g. stealing someone's pizza, are typical traits shown by people with disorders such as Asperger's or Autism, yet the reaction was to throw a punch that could conceivably have killed the person. Not good enough
Environment plays a factor. If you are born and raised in an environment where an indifferent response to humiliation/theft/physical harassment is perceived as weakness making you a "mark" then you're going to have different responses. Also, standing and staring at stuff instead of moving and acting can affect one's ability to avoid physical harm. You do realize in the hood, people will literally steal your pizza, and no they don't have Asperger's. And no, the cops aren't coming to investigate and apprehend the pizza thief and get you financial compensation. Someone steals that pizza, you are out that pizza and the money you paid for it. 

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 02:07:46 pm »
True, but you couldn't use any of that in court of law, if you fractured a guy's cheekbone, gave him concussion or even brain damage. Also I'd have thought you're more likely to encounter someone with mental disability/illness in the hood than elsewhere.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:39:47 pm by stoat »

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 09:37:52 pm »
Just watched all the clips and there are  17 clips of black guys throwing punches at the white prankster compared to one white guy. Interpret this how you wish.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:52:43 pm by stoat »

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2020, 09:57:22 pm »
Just watched all the clips and there are  17 clips of black guys throwing punches at the white prankster compared to one white guy. Interpret this how you wish.   

What do you hope to achieve with a comment like this? What kind of conversation are you trying to stimulate?

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »
Actually, on a more interesting note, I did stoat's homework for him and took a look at some of prank channels on YouTube and these "prank gone wrong" compilations. They seem to be a big money spinner, and there's a whole genre where idiots trying to antagonize people into punching them. One channel, BroPranks, seems to almost exclusively target black people. They have a whole category of "hood pranks", and have made it their calling card. It's the same guys doing the same shit over and over. And guess what? They're the source for many of the clips posted here, too.

Guess what else? Looks like a lot of them are fake.

http://theprankreviewer.weebly.com/broprankstv-exposed.html

Interpret this how you wish.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 01:55:40 am »
Actually, on a more interesting note, I did stoat's homework for him and took a look at some of prank channels on YouTube and these "prank gone wrong" compilations. They seem to be a big money spinner, and there's a whole genre where idiots trying to antagonize people into punching them. One channel, BroPranks, seems to almost exclusively target black people. They have a whole category of "hood pranks", and have made it their calling card. It's the same guys doing the same shit over and over. And guess what? They're the source for many of the clips posted here, too.

Guess what else? Looks like a lot of them are fake.

http://theprankreviewer.weebly.com/broprankstv-exposed.html

Interpret this how you wish.

That's great, it's good to know the black community in the states may not be as aggressive as those videos seem to portray. Those guys should be teken to task for fostering stereotypes.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:31:10 am by stoat »