Read 197 times

• tmax
  • Newgookin

• February 14, 2020, 11:26:46 pm
Cancelled unprocessed E2 visa - can immigration reuse CBC?
« on: February 15, 2020, 12:06:37 am »
I decided to quit a job offer, midway though the visa process. I got a school that I signed with (but I suddenly couldnít trust) to cancel an E2 visa process - after getting a visa number but without getting an embassy stamp. One person at immigration advised that it was possible for immigration to reuse my CBC and degree with another school if done within 3 months.

However an agency I contacted thinks Iíll need new documents, and says immigration staff give different answers sometimes. Can immigration reuse these 2 documents for a new E2 application with a different school, or give them back to me (if I visit Korea)? I canít wait to get new documents otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:29:48 am by tmax »

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
Re: Cancelled unprocessed E2 visa - can immigration reuse CBC?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 12:53:02 am »
I decided to quit a job offer, midway though the visa process. I got a school that I signed with (but I suddenly couldnít trust) to cancel an E2 visa process - after getting a visa number but without getting an embassy stamp. One person at immigration advised that it was possible for immigration to reuse my CBC and degree with another school if done within 3 months.

However an agency I contacted thinks Iíll need new documents, and says immigration staff give different answers sometimes. Can immigration reuse these 2 documents for a new E2 application with a different school, or give them back to me (if I visit Korea)? I canít wait to get new documents otherwise.
I don't think so. You'd have to wait 90 days for your current visa issuance number to expire before getting another one. That would be enough time to get new documents.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 12:38:04 pm »
At the Labor Law Firm one of the members is the former Chief of the Seoul Immigration Office.
You can reuse the application documents you have sent and they will be kept on file.

You send your documents directly to the Government of Korea, not to the recruiter or to the potential Employer (they stopped that many years ago to prevent VISA fraud) so there will not be any issue.

The 90 day limit is really for your Criminal Back Ground check and health status.

Cheers,

• tmax
  • Newgookin

• February 14, 2020, 11:26:46 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 09:59:39 am »
Thanks for your replies :) It seems almost certain I can re-use them.
Fingers crossed anyway!