Read 426 times

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
Best JSA tour?
« on: February 14, 2020, 10:56:00 am »
What is the best tour company to choose when it comes to going on a JSA tour.  I'm not talking about the DMZ.  Been there, done that.  I'm talking about the JSA (the area where you can see North Korean soldiers)  If you've done a JSA tour let me know!  Thanks!

Re: Best JSA tour?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:23 am »
I remember seeing a similar thread before on here, and one of the people mentioned Koridoor. Anyways, I have gone through them twice now. They did a pretty nice job, but you have to do the whole package of JSA, tunnel, and DMZ. Also for one of my bookings the JSA option became unavailable because of the African swine fever. They were very kind and gave two options: go on another tour, or get a full refund.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:20:06 am »
I don't have anything useful to give, but didn't they close the JSA off to tourists because of the swine flu thing?

Or have they reopened it again since then?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 11:50:21 am »
I don't have anything useful to give, but didn't they close the JSA off to tourists because of the swine flu thing?

Or have they reopened it again since then?

Yeah I'm getting word that they won't open back up till March.  Fine by me I'll still be here.  I've already got a few tour companies that are offering.  VIP Tours?  Anybody got any reviews on this company?

• T.J.
  • Veteran

• June 09, 2011, 11:07:16 am
    • 서울 은평구 연신내
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 12:15:52 pm »
The USO tour is the one you want. It's run by Koridoor.

http://usodmz.com/
"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

-Will Rogers

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 03:19:46 pm »
The USO tour is the one you want. It's run by Koridoor.

http://usodmz.com/

Yeah I called them too.  They said that there is a possibility the JSA tour will open back up the last week of Feb.  They will let me know by the 25th.  So I will be putting them up at the top! 

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 04:20:23 pm »
The USO one is the only one worth doing because AFAIK it's the only one that takes you to the treaty building and lets you technically walk into North Korea. That part is pretty cool but the rest is a bit eh, like going to a gift shop or standing on a hill looking at a fake NK village several miles away. I didn't appreciate how the US soldiers who did parts of the tour clearly did not want to be there and gave a presentation that they delivered by talking as quickly as possible to get it over with, I couldn't understand most of what they said.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 09:26:16 pm »
The USO one is the only one worth doing because AFAIK it's the only one that takes you to the treaty building and lets you technically walk into North Korea. That part is pretty cool but the rest is a bit eh, like going to a gift shop or standing on a hill looking at a fake NK village several miles away. I didn't appreciate how the US soldiers who did parts of the tour clearly did not want to be there and gave a presentation that they delivered by talking as quickly as possible to get it over with, I couldn't understand most of what they said.
I also recommend the USO tour.

We had a great US Army tour guide... I guess itís the luck of the draw.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 10:06:12 pm »
USO tour, you go to the signing room at Panmunjom, Peace Village etc.

I did it a million years ago:  https://seoulpatch.blogspot.com/2009/08/last-vestige-of-cold-war.html
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 06:35:58 am »
I also recommend the USO tour.

We had a great US Army tour guide... I guess itís the luck of the draw.

Probably. The officer guy who rode on the bus with us was pretty cool and people asked him all kinds of tough questions like will North Korea ever invade and will the two countries ever unite, and he gave some "off the record" honest answers (this was like 5 years ago, before Trump fucked everything up with his joke summits). But the guy at the lecture theater was like "IN1950NORTHKOREAINV ADEDANDTHEUNITEDALU RFRJEQWRJHEHNQ;KEWRHQHRH,MNV;KQEW;LRUO." Maybe he had just drunk a bunch of coffee and really needed to go pee.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 07:33:24 am »
Probably. The officer guy who rode on the bus with us was pretty cool and people asked him all kinds of tough questions like will North Korea ever invade and will the two countries ever unite, and he gave some "off the record" honest answers (this was like 5 years ago, before Trump fucked everything up with his joke summits). But the guy at the lecture theater was like "IN1950NORTHKOREAINV ADEDANDTHEUNITEDALU RFRJEQWRJHEHNQ;KEWRHQHRH,MNV;KQEW;LRUO." Maybe he had just drunk a bunch of coffee and really needed to go pee.

MayorHaggar, thanks for the morning laugh LOL  Wish me luck that Koridoor is running a tour on Feb. 28th because my school will let me make 27th my last day only if I can find something culturally Korean to do, or else I have to come in and desk warm for my last time ever!

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 07:37:06 am »
USO tour, you go to the signing room at Panmunjom, Peace Village etc.

I did it a million years ago:  https://seoulpatch.blogspot.com/2009/08/last-vestige-of-cold-war.html

Mr.  C thanks for the blog post!  Looks like you had a great time!  Everyone keeps saying USO tour but I called Koridoor and they told me that the USO website is not where I need to book but though Koridoor.co.kr  So is there another USO site?