Read 4739 times

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
Re: Who has caused you more problems here, Waygooks or Koreans?
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 10:14:28 pm »
foreigners that borrow money and are constantly broke and making up sob stories for more money .

Often I have found though, that these types of people do have lots of money. Its just that they send so much back home that they end up strapped for the final ten days of each month. Then they expect someone to bale them out.

Its the whole tightfisted mentality of the "savers" here though. They want something for nothing the whole time. Always take take but no give.

Catch my drift?

• Arsalan
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 03:25:43 am »
@SPQR sorry to hear this, that would have really made me upset.  Fortunately, I didn't have these issues, despite trusting others.  I got irked by a group of foreigners from Ghana and Nigeria, they fooled me once into paying for their meals and bowling, but I left later and they disappeared at some point.  Normally, I wouldn’t care, it was just their attitude afterwards that bothered me.  I was in Yeonggwang (Jeollanamdo), small little town, but the people were wonderful.  Most people were honest with me, and the majority of the Korean teachers were helpful.  It's part of the reason I miss them, I was welcomed into their community, and the school was quaint.

One other thing I had to complain about, even at the time, was an "ajumma" who sold little kittens.  I realized almost automatically why they were there, and so I bought them for my students, who were lovely enough to take care of them with kindness.  The end.  I left soon after, a month later at the end of my contract.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:38:09 am by Arsalan »
https://REDThanos.com
https://www.facebook.com/arsalan.lavang.9

"My heart bursts into starlight,
like collapsing ecstasy."

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »
Definitely waygooks for me.  Some numbnuts bit me in the head my first 6 months here when I was visiting Busan for the birthday of my orientation bunkmate.  I was trying to help him as a taxi driver was calling the police on him.  Ended up getting him out of the cab, then he tried to get back in with me in there and a scuffle ensued.  Wasted moron....

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 01:33:24 am »
because I'm very picky about the foreigners I expose myself to.

Wise. And you only get wiser as the years go by.

Some waeguks here tend to  do the following (if you let them)

a) Hijack your social network instead of taking time to build their own
b) Pitch up at your favorite watering hole
c) steal your ideas at work and take credit for them
d) borrow money and not repay it
e) suck up to the boss and try to get you fired
f) verbally or even physically attack you in an effort to impress the hot female Korean teacher
g) act like you're their best friend after knowing you for only a day, then forget about you the moment they leave Korea
h) try to involve you in their disputes with the management

etc
Catch my drift?

• sbk
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2016, 02:44:47 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2020, 11:49:50 am »
For me the only actual problems have been caused by systemic inconveniences. Bank, non-emergency hospital, and telecom store hours are just aggravating. Less so now that I did all the stuff that requires person-to-person interaction, like opening accounts and setting up online certificates. But if I look back at the times I have applied to leave work early it was always for something that in America wouldn't be necessary. I'm just annoyed that out of the 20+ bank branches (from KB, KEB-Hana, Nonghyup, and Daegu Bank) in my city not a single one is open later than 4:00 pm Mon-Fri. No Saturday hours, no "6 o'clock on Wednesdays", nothing.

Yeah how does a working person get to bank branch? Luckily i could get to a branch nearby my school at lunch time. There are many things that can't be done online. You sometimes need to get to a branch.