Read 1879 times

Re: Corona virus/winter vacation plan
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 02:23:03 pm »
If the schools know about it, they could give you a hard time.

My school was hit with the coronavirus shenanigans pretty early, people made a big deal when I came to school not wearing a mask, and they kept asking and re-asking if I'd traveled out of Korea over winter break. Not just to China, to anywhere, because I could have been exposed at any airport.

So, I say continue with your vacation plans, but don't talk about them with your schools, and lie if asked.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:27:24 pm by Chinguetti »

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 02:27:55 pm »
And there is no reason to say coming back from Tokyo is any worse that coming back from Seoul.

hoooly shit. i know it's not worse, but there's been no government recommendation to avoid seoul. do you not see why the school might try to get me to stay home (or not go) due to the government's warning? it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it's actually dangerous.

So, I say continue with your vacation plans, but don't talk about them with your schools, and lie if asked.

unfortunately the school already knows (i told them last week). i guess i just won't mention it further and if they don't say anything i'll just go and come back without mentioning it again.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:43 pm »
"The total number of confirmed cases of infection in Japan is 203"

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200212_30/

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 07:52:55 pm »
it's because of the cruise ship. your link has it as "others" but it is in japan

• Colburnnn
  • Super Waygook

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:21 pm »
Hoooooooolyyyy shiiiiiitttt indeed! Not sure why you are posting 200+ when the figure is 28 in both countries (at the time of writing)

Its equally as bad to stay in Korea as it is in Japan, so if youve gone down the shops to buy a kimbab and a banana milk. You should be Qd just as much as someone who has gone to Kyoto for some ramen.

The state of this... Quite happy to spit, sneeze on each other and puke on the streets all day long, but a holiday to Japan? Naaa mate.