Read 13401 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
STOP DELETING MY POSTS

am i even saying anything bad? what, exactly, am i saying that is making you delete my posts? jesus christ

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:29:32 pm by Arsalan »
My heart is bursting into starlight

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
what...

isn't this why a lot of people stopped posting on daves? because of dickhead admins?

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
maybe
My heart is bursting into starlight

I'm feeling really left out here. How can I get my comment deleted?

How about a drawing of Mohamed (PBUH):

:azn:
Does your wife submit to you?

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
There are a few decent questions here that I thought I would try to answer (ttboma):

- I believe that recruiters and independent employers etc no longer have to pay to post job opportunities.

- There was a discussion a few months about comments on job listings, and the consensus was that overly negative comments would be removed (ie "The pay is way too low!", "Split shifts suck!" "Why only a one-way flight?" etc). However, comments pointing out actual violations of Labour Law would be totally fine.
     The reasoning behind this is that not everybody is looking for the same thing in a job, and what seems ridiculous to one person might be no problem to another. Ripping apart every contract as sub-standard discourages employers from posting jobs, which is a pretty cool resource for folk on Waygook who are looking for one.
   Personally, I feel that maybe posting a link to a different thread discussing contracts and outlining bare minimums would be a decent compromise.

- As for deleting comments, I very occasionally zap ones that are way off topic, baiting, or overly insulting (a little bit insulting is fine!  :wink:). I usually don't leave a comment as I suspect most folk know why their comments were deleted. I'll try my best to leave more clarifications when I delete something in the future!

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
There are a few decent questions here that I thought I would try to answer (ttboma):

- I believe that recruiters and independent employers etc no longer have to pay to post job opportunities.

- There was a discussion a few months about comments on job listings, and the consensus was that overly negative comments would be removed (ie "The pay is way too low!", "Split shifts suck!" "Why only a one-way flight?" etc). However, comments pointing out actual violations of Labour Law would be totally fine.
     The reasoning behind this is that not everybody is looking for the same thing in a job, and what seems ridiculous to one person might be no problem to another. Ripping apart every contract as sub-standard discourages employers from posting jobs, which is a pretty cool resource for folk on Waygook who are looking for one.
   Personally, I feel that maybe posting a link to a different thread discussing contracts and outlining bare minimums would be a decent compromise.

- As for deleting comments, I very occasionally zap ones that are way off topic, baiting, or overly insulting (a little bit insulting is fine!  :wink:). I usually don't leave a comment as I suspect most folk know why their comments were deleted. I'll try my best to leave more clarifications when I delete something in the future!

see, while i don't agree, if this was said publicly then i'd have less of a problem with it

but how is it any different picking out terrible clauses in contracts? some aren't illegal, but they are intended to screw over the applicant