Read 13400 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul

Iíve also had my comments placed under moderation in the jobs forum recently even when just doing contract checks.

I think my 2.2 million chicken killing job upset the recruiters.

TC

Continually posting '2.1 is such a 2007 thing' is so ridiculous as the contracts need far more scrutiny than just the stupid idea that a salary for a new teacher is 2.1 million.  :undecided:

A:  Money is not the most important thing in everyone's lives. 
B:  The salary for a new native teacher coming can increase year upon year.  It has to start somewhere.
C:  The most important thing is for contracts to include health, pension, duties, and other benefits with consistent language throughout.  This is the most important thing.  It beats the crap out of whether 2.1 million is being offered.  Taking a 2.1 million contract without these is asking for trouble. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
but 2.1m even with all benefits (which is basic and should be included anyway) and 9am-6pm working hours isn't good

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
2.1 isnít much higher than what a full time GS25 clerk would make these days.

If you want people to fly halfway around the world to work for you, try to do better than minimum wage.

And 2.1 today has far less spending power than 2.1 in 2007.

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
2.1 isnít much higher than what a full time GS25 clerk would make these days.

If you want people to fly halfway around the world to work for you, try to do better than minimum wage.

And 2.1 today has far less spending power than 2.1 in 2007.

Judging from the number of people on message boards  enthusing about all things Korean, learning the language before they come and making lists of all the 'fansigns' they're going to attend ,  the flying halfway round the world bit to live in a strange culture isn't really seen as a minus point any more.  You're paying the minimum wage plus the bonus of living in Korea!

If you get paid 2.1 million plus all the benefits, then I really don't see that being a problem for a first-time job being applied for from abroad.  There is still a big scope to save.  I did my tax this month and it came to 1.4 million on around 40 million, which works out at a shade over 3.5%.  That is ridiculously low.  Working in the UK is around 20%.  Even on 2.1 million you can save more over a shorter time than you would in the UK, just as an example.  That is just one small bit of working here.  Getting other benefits as well do make it worthwhile.  Avoid the obviously shit contracts and go for the ones that have the benefits. 

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
The recruiters pay the bills on this site. If you want to gripe about wages, do it in a separate thread. Waygook.org simply doesn't have the leverage to allow people to ridicule the job posters on their posting. It sucks, but financial reality for the site hosters is financial reality.

Of course you could always make Arsalan an offer to purchase this site and assume all the financial risk and then have your own policy. Or you could start up your own competing site.

That worked stupendously well on Daveís...I hear their forum is full of chatter these days.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
Does it really need to be explained? We're all reasonably intelligent adults here. I think we can put two and two together.
well a lot of the comments that were deleted weren't even negative, really. besides, that's why the forum rules exist, isn't it? if none of the rules were broken it's pretty lame to stealth-delete posts without explanation

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90įS.- 0'E
    more
If they do pay, all right, but do they really ?

I can post a job ad for free in the same forum, why would they have to pay then?
incumbo studiis

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
The admin would delete your post, anyway.

Surprised this thread hasn't mysteriously been deleted yet, to be honest

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
There's no payment for posting jobs, we just like to keep the section clean of clutter and comments that don't belong there.  It's the not same as the institution review section, users in the job boards are allowed to post mostly to ask about the details of the employment.
My heart is bursting into starlight

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
i don't think i read any deleted comments that weren't directly related to the original post

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• Alberta
    more
@oglop, I suppose they were related in some manner, but that's like pointing at someone's nose and asking why it isn't stitched to their butt.  Don't you think?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
there's nothing wrong with calling out stipulations in a job that aren't very good, or ones actively trying to rip someone off

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90įS.- 0'E
    more
that's like pointing at someone's nose and asking why it isn't stitched to their butt.

like Olaf's strategic carrot placement? I'd totally ask about that one.  :wink:

incumbo studiis

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• Alberta
    more
lol

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
Wtf. You're deleting my comments in this thread now, too?

*in-post edit by me* not all of them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:41:28 am by Arsalan »

Confused...

Why did a few of the contract reviews disappear yesterday?

There was discussion including Labour Standards...

The contracts were anonymous...

Surely, it is one very important of this site, for new teachers to post their contracts...

:undecided:

• Arsalan Lavang
  • Lord Admin

• Alberta
    more
@Ronnie, I don't see any reviews that have been removed yesterday or recently.