Read 3033 times

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: Five facts about Korea
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 09:43:32 am »
So who's racist against Koreans now

You are. You're the one who's aways making comments on here like 'Koreans smell, they're dirty they eat rotten food etc. etc.'  Give it a rest.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 10:20:19 am »
Martin has repeatedly defended things that kill and harm Koreans, things that many if not most Koreans complain about every day. Dangerous construction, dangerous safety practices, unsafe food, bad driving, pollution etc. Martin actively tries to get Koreans killed. So who's racist against Koreans now?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you don't agree with MayorHaggar's views on Korea, you're guilty of attempted murder!

Explain why you think eating rotten meat is ok and normal. I've met so many gyopos, either adoptees or children of 1st generation Korean immigrants, who defend and normalize anything Korean, no matter how bad. Through this prism your nonsensical crusade makes a lot more sense. Meanwhile a lot of Koreans in Korea think that a lot of Korean things are bad and need to change. You're basically racist against your own people.
It's called having multiple perspectives and experiences. And it doesn't just apply to Koreans, it applies to other ethnic communities and things. If you started bashing Peruvians or Moroccans or whomever, I'd do the same thing.

Some of us don't instantly latch on to the most judgmental explanation possible and then stick with that position no matter what.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:25:41 am by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 04:00:33 pm »
You are. You're the one who's aways making comments on here like 'Koreans smell, they're dirty they eat rotten food etc. etc.'  Give it a rest.

They do eat rotten food. All the Koreans I've met in New Zealand were pleasantly surprised to move to a country where each meal wasn't a game of intestinal Russian Roulette. Koreans don't like the low food quality thing either, but apparently pointing this out makes me a huge racist.

In terms of body hygiene Koreans are probably cleaner than Westerners, not sure where you're getting that from. Stuff like keeping schools clean and basic maintenance in Korea are a complete joke as anyone who's lived in Korea can tell you, again including many many Koreans.

Koreans do reek of garlic but so did I when I lived there and ate garlic all the time. After a couple days of eating garlic I'd find that I'd get a garlic shield and stop smelling it on other people. Winning!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »
tbf some people absolutely reek of garlic on the subway

although you often get the stench of BO in england on public transport so i dunno which is worse

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2020, 06:30:14 pm »
Dude, for someone who constantly blasts Trump and his supporters as racist because of the way he says things, you sure seem oblivious to what comes out of your own mouth. You do realize that if you talked the way you do in a Biden/Sanders campaign office, you'd be booted out, right? I'm simply pointing out the standard you have held others to and observing that your kind of talk would NOT be accepted by your political brethren.

The reason people take issue is your tone and word choice. The people having a garlicky bouquet could be worded in ways ranging from affection to mirth to curiosity. For things Korean you habitually choose 'animosity'.

"What do you mean I'm a racist against blacks? DMart is the one defending their dangerous practices and and unhealthy food and clothes just because he's black himself. He's the real racist. It's because of people like him that black people are dying. Black people themselves are tired of eating their rotten food and living in their filthy neighborhoods." Clearly someone who has nothing but love for black people talking right there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:14:21 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2020, 08:59:30 am »
Ok so all those times I got the runs from eating in Korea it was just me being racist. Me seeing the "Minho has diarrhea again" chapters in official English textbooks was just me being racist and not understanding the unique situation.

I see what's going on here, clearly only Koreans are allowed to complain about anything in Korea, because of han. if anyone else does it, it's because they're racist.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2020, 09:14:49 am »
Ok so all those times I got the runs from eating in Korea it was just me being racist. Me seeing the "Minho has diarrhea again" chapters in official English textbooks was just me being racist and not understanding the unique situation.

I see what's going on here, clearly only Koreans are allowed to complain about anything in Korea, because of han. if anyone else does it, it's because they're racist.

Mexicans are always complaining about Mexico, so why is it racist when Donald Trump does it?

• Liechtenstein
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2020, 10:29:50 am »
Why does every post, seemingly, go off the rails into personal attacks.

Where did the 5 facts about Korea go?

Here are 5 facts from my personal experiences:

1) Koreans do tend to smell of kim-chi

2) All of my co-workers treated me great

3) I lived in a beautiful place and my students were all very well behaved

4) I never met a parent in 6 years

5) I was so happy when I was leaving to come home that I cried - this despite my overall experience there being overwhelmingly positive

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2020, 10:57:49 am »
No. You're not getting it. Plenty of other people complain about things here. Lots of people complain and I don't take issue because one can tell from the tone of their post that they aren't being prejudicial or filled with animosity to an entire country of people. They also don't do things like state their personal experience as fact.

"I like Korean food."
"Korean food doesn't agree with me. I also am not fond of garlic"
"Korean food is all rotten and a bunch of weeds and rotting meat eaten by smelly people. Also, you're ethnically Korean, your opinion is invalid."

Do you not see the difference? For one thing, you state an opinion as fact. Second, you choose the most aggressive way to frame things, and third you actually bring up someone's ethnicity to invalidate their opinion.

Do you know what one of the most beautiful things about modern western thought is? It's in the supremacy of the individual and the individual as the ultimate locus of responsibility. Comments with "Koreans this" and "Koreans that" repeatedly blame an entire society and culture for the actions of a single individual. While those are important factors, ultimately that bad driver who hit me is at fault, him the individual, not Korean society. He has a name and is a unique person who made their own bad choices. You blame the individual.

Why is it that the people who are always eager to blame society and culture and the group, never apply such standards to themselves?

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2020, 03:44:54 pm »
The mountains in South Korea would be considered hills in many other countries. Koreans refuse to live on these hills because they think only poor people live on hills. Also Koreans don't plow roads in the winter so the hills become deathtraps where you wouldn't want to live or do farming.

An underrated fact: if you don't count joke-ass city states like Monaco and Macau and so on, South Korea must be one of the most consistently densely populated countries on Earth. Even rural towns are set up like a dense urban neighborhood. It's pretty hard to get away from people in South Korea.

Another fact: Koreans are some of the most unproductive workers in the developed world. So next time someone whines about useless lazy English teachers, you can rest easy knowing that you're accomplishing as much work as two Koreans would be capable of. I'm sure Gyopotino will stomp in here and whine a bunch and yet again remind us that he spends all day shitposting on Waygook instead of doing any kind of useful work.

Odd that the conclusion you draw from the graph is that workers are unproductive.  Really quite strange how you think.

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »
No. You're not getting it. Plenty of other people complain about things here. Lots of people complain and I don't take issue because one can tell from the tone of their post that they aren't being prejudicial or filled with animosity to an entire country of people. They also don't do things like state their personal experience as fact.

"I like Korean food."
"Korean food doesn't agree with me. I also am not fond of garlic"
"Korean food is all rotten and a bunch of weeds and rotting meat eaten by smelly people. Also, you're ethnically Korean, your opinion is invalid."

Do you not see the difference? For one thing, you state an opinion as fact. Second, you choose the most aggressive way to frame things, and third you actually bring up someone's ethnicity to invalidate their opinion.

Do you know what one of the most beautiful things about modern western thought is? It's in the supremacy of the individual and the individual as the ultimate locus of responsibility. Comments with "Koreans this" and "Koreans that" repeatedly blame an entire society and culture for the actions of a single individual. While those are important factors, ultimately that bad driver who hit me is at fault, him the individual, not Korean society. He has a name and is a unique person who made their own bad choices. You blame the individual.

Why is it that the people who are always eager to blame society and culture and the group, never apply such standards to themselves?

And you support Trump and his actual racist blanket condemnations of entire races. If you want to call people racist maybe don't be a massive hypocrite about it.

All you're doing is proving me right about han grudge, where Koreans can complain about something in Korea, but if a non-Korean does it then the myth of Korea being perfect is destroyed and poor innocent Korea loses face. If you want to keep calling my stomach and intestines racist for being incapable of digesting rotten food, go right ahead. You'll probably find your gastrointestinal tract is racist too, but unlike me you come up with excuses for it.

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2020, 11:16:44 am »
And you support Trump and his actual racist blanket condemnations of entire races.
Blanket condemnations of entire races? When has Trump done that? Cite please.

Anyways, this is about you declaring his supporters to be racists and then engaging in questionable behavior and wording yourself, things that if Trump said, you would cite as proof of his racism. Hold yourself to the same standard. All I've done is say it is inappropriate to dismiss someone's argument because of their ethnicity.

All you're doing is proving me right about han grudge, where Koreans can complain about something in Korea, but if a non-Korean does it then the myth of Korea being perfect is destroyed and poor innocent Korea loses face. If you want to keep calling my stomach and intestines racist for being incapable of digesting rotten food, go right ahead. You'll probably find your gastrointestinal tract is racist too, but unlike me you come up with excuses for it.
There's a grudge alright. Have you considered you're the person with it?