Read 15137 times

Re: South Korea confirms first case of coronavirus
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2020, 08:44:04 pm »
Now that UK is gone, there are no obstacles to them forging ever closer and tighter unity among member states. And they will want to speed up this process before anyone else decides to leave!
Boy that doesn't sound sinister at all...

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2020, 11:15:04 am »
Boy that doesn't sound sinister at all...

Yeah, isn't that exactly why people WANT to leave the EU?
Does your wife submit to you?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
The EU is not and never will be a country.

It is up to everyone to call it out when they see it, in papers, tv, online.

Whenever you see something written in a way that suggests it is a country, you know what type of person has written it.

The EU had already gone too far, once The UK make a success of it, the EU will go into panic mode to stop others following.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2020, 03:13:07 am »
The EU had already gone too far, once The UK make a success of it, the EU will go into panic mode to stop others following.

The globalist left did all it could to thwart Brexit and to remove nationalist Trump from power. It failed on both counts.

The fact that brussels/ berlin is already so dictatorial as to for example insist that EU law has authority over all Polish laws is enough to trigger the desire to leave in many member states. In fact Poland could be the next to go:

“Contradictions between Polish law and EU law ... will in all likelihood lead to an intervention by the EU institutions regarding an infringement of the EU treaties, and in the longer perspective (will lead to) the need to leave the European Union,” Poland’s Supreme Court said in a statement.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-poland-eu-judiciary/poland-could-exit-eu-over-judicial-reform-clash-top-polish-court-idUKKBN1YL1JB

Balkan and Eastern European nations highly value their sovereignty after being under German/ Nazi dictatorship followed by Soviet dictatorship. They aren't likely to submit to the German-controlled EU dictatorship.

So I think that several nations will leave in future and there will be a partial disintegration of the EU. Nato will start to fracture. UK will align more closely with US, Australia, NZ and other commonwealth friends. But like a cult whose peripheral members fall away, the EU will grow stronger and more united at its core. The Germans aren't going anywhere.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 03:17:46 am by Cyanea »
Catch my drift?

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2020, 04:17:10 am »
ROFL
incumbo studiis

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2020, 10:02:45 am »
On a flight from Amsterdam to Incheon a passenger found a note on a restroom wall. The note was in Korean and said that the toilet was for crew use only.

"Dutch carrier KLM is facing mounting criticism for its 'racial discrimination' against Korean passengers by treating them as potential carriers of the coronavirus, according to airline industry officials Thursday....

"As the incident has provoked controversy, the Korean government gave a 'strict warning' to the Dutch flag carrier, according to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport....

"Sungshin Women's University professor Seo Kyoung-duk, known as a Korean public relations expert, said it was a 'shocking incident' and 'overt racism.' "
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2020/02/774_283412.html

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2020, 10:08:08 am »
Presumably the sign was written by a Korean flight attendant, so is that racist? She probably didn't know how to write it in English

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2020, 10:40:18 am »
Are we sure the passenger didn't sleep through or miss the announcement given in English and thus only noticed the sign? Either that or in the middle of flying the plane, that minor detail got missed. Anyways, not racism.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2020, 01:32:09 pm »
On a flight from Amsterdam to Incheon a passenger found a note on a restroom wall. The note was in Korean and said that the toilet was for crew use only.

"Dutch carrier KLM is facing mounting criticism for its 'racial discrimination' against Korean passengers by treating them as potential carriers of the coronavirus, according to airline industry officials Thursday....

"As the incident has provoked controversy, the Korean government gave a 'strict warning' to the Dutch flag carrier, according to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport....

"Sungshin Women's University professor Seo Kyoung-duk, known as a Korean public relations expert, said it was a 'shocking incident' and 'overt racism.' "
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2020/02/774_283412.html

Koreans are some of the worst passengers to begin with. This is all funny.,

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:50 pm »
Here it is in the Independent, surprise surprise. Funny how none of the Koreans complaining on Twitter ever stopped to think about how a Dutch flight attendant would suddenly know how to write a message like this in Korean.

Hey Helga, put a note on the door to stop the plebs using one of the toilets. And make sure you write it in Korean because most of the passengers are from there.
Helga: Sure, I'll try and think back to my school days when I took all those Korean classes and there's no need to write it in English because non Korean people never make a mess of the toilets on a flight. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/klm-coronavirus-flight-south-korean-seoul-amsterdam-flight-a9335436.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:50:16 pm by stoat »

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Las Vegas
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:37 pm »
Funny how none of the Koreans complaining on Twitter ever stopped to think about how a Dutch flight attendant would suddenly know how to write a message like this in Korean.

duh, google translation on your cellphone in 2 seconds...
Catch my drift?

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2020, 04:40:02 pm »
duh, google translation on your cellphone in 2 seconds...

So you think it was written by a racist Dutch flight attendant who specifically didn't want Koreans in his/her toilet but was OK about all the other passengers?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:41:35 pm by stoat »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2020, 05:58:04 pm »
Does anyone else remember how incomprehensible hangeul looked when you didn't know anything about it? Yeah, I'm sure a racist Dutch person meticulously wrote out an entire page of hangeul without having any inkling of how the language works. It's like if I wrote a bunch of hanja. It would literally look like a monkey did it.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2020, 06:25:45 pm »
I think there's ample reason to assume the cabin crew were motivated by some racism because these 'precautionary' measures weren't company policy and  racism has become fairly prevalent in Northern Europe.

That handwriting is clearly done by someone with limited writing experience.

What is very Korean about this story, is how that Korean lady ignored inflight rules and secretly recorded videos of the crew inside the airplane and is milking this incident as a 'bad white foreigners' twitter update feed, ultimately instigating that very thing from white KLM cabin crew she is so riled up about. I don't think there's 1 single stewardess left now who enjoys being on an Incheon flight.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:36:27 pm by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2020, 06:34:19 pm »
I think there's ample reason to assume the cabin crew were motivated by some racism because these 'precautionary' measures weren't company policy

They claimed it's standard procedure on a flight that isn't very full to reserve a toilet for cabin crew.

racism has become fairly prevalent in Northern Europe.

Has it? Against Asians?

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2020, 06:38:21 pm »
Yes.
Just ask your students.
incumbo studiis

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2020, 07:25:21 pm »
Yes.
Just ask your students.

Not being funny but how would they know? On the off chance one of them has visited there in the last few months and, if it just so happened they experienced some kind of racist incident, and they knew the person involved was a resident of the region, how would that prove it had become  generally more prevalent in Northern Europe?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2020, 08:44:44 pm »
This looks to me like a Korean person needed some attention at the expense of KLM.

Plus side: cheep flights to Europe coming soon!

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2020, 10:11:46 pm »
Not to get all hyper technical, but looking at the 'ㅅ' and the 'ㄹ' characters, the way they are written look out of order for a native Korean speaker. Also '용' looks a bit off. Then again, I've seen Koreans not write things the "normal" way when they're rushed (or not even)and more and more these days are fine with sloppy writing in the name of speed. That being said, for all we know it could be someone with SOME familiarity like a Korean adoptee or perhaps someone from a different East Asian country so that could still render the racism charge bunk or even someone Dutch. Heck, the flight attendant could be ethnically Dutch and it could still be not racist (as I said, for all we know it was announced and lady was sleeping or distracted during the announcements).

Basically there's way too little here to go on and in that case, I'm going to defer to "Not Racist"

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Las Vegas
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2020, 10:22:40 pm »
I'm going to defer to "Not Racist"

How about this then?

Seoul sterilises Chinese market amid virus fears
South China morning Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PMZn88HLOY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:25:49 pm by Cyanea »