Read 425 times

Want to open up a study room
« on: February 10, 2020, 06:43:44 pm »
Hey guys. So I have been here in Korea for 5 years and have f6 visa. I'm seriously considering taking the study room plunge and I could use some feedback from people who have done similar things. I don't really want to do it out of my house because I feel weird about having random kids in my personal space so I don't mind spending 600k - 1 million won a month for a moderately sized place with a semi decent location. ( Please note I don't live in Seoul or a super expensive area ) .  I have good idea how to develop a decent plan for the students. I looked at a few places today and one was right across the street from a middle and elementary school. My inital thought is to go ahead and take the hit to my finances and go with a place that has a good location so I don't have to worry about logistics too  I could use any feedback or advice from someone who has went down this route. Thanks!

Re: Want to open up a study room
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:49:48 am »
I am not ready for this step, but it's something I would want to look into in the future as I am also on an F6, been here for 5 years, and needing a change with more flexibility and being my own boss.

From what I've read it's a good opportunity if you advertise it and have a good location.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:37:03 am »
I believe Tony Teacher who used to post here has done this.  I think if you have it in a business premises then it's not actually a 'kongboobang' He posted this on here...

You can also visit a website I created that share some of my experiences when I was running my English Gyosoopso. It's like a study room but in a commercial space. There are blog posts and podcasts that you can access if you are interested. The website is www.hagwonstart.com

May be worth checking with him...

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 03:18:53 pm »
Yeah I'm thinking of buying his program on his site. I am actually thinking of opening a gyosoopso and not study room because it would involve renting a commercial space.