Read 1883 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: Is it a crime to look happy in Korea?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 11:43:54 am »
Or, you are just seeing what you WANT to see, to justify your narrative.

Go on Doc...you are on a roll.
I'm pretty live and let live and you know my political tendencies. Also, unlike most people, I don't think such attitudes are disqualifying from friendship.

But it's there. I'm sure you've gotten the reverse from Koreans. You know, those Koreans who don't really see you as a person, but just as some sort of biological amusement device there to entertain them? You can pick up on it right? Same thing the other way around.

I don't get upset over someone have a good day and purposely try to sabotage it...no.  That is MY culture. 

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 11:56:37 am »
I don't get upset over someone have a good day and purposely try to sabotage it...no.  That is MY culture.
I dunno, given what we've seen in the arguments and stuff that erupt between NETs and CTs and the gripes about Kpop and KTV, it seems plenty here like to rain on parades.

You really think westerners don't do office politics and bully and shit on other people to bring them down? Really? Look at internet trolling.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 12:05:03 pm »
I dunno, given what we've seen in the arguments and stuff that erupt between NETs and CTs and the gripes about Kpop and KTV, it seems plenty here like to rain on parades.

You really think westerners don't do office politics and bully and shit on other people to bring them down? Really? Look at internet trolling.

This is because Kpoop is not a person, just trying to have a good day and start it off with a smile. 

• Arsalan
  • Lord Admin

• September 18, 2006, 02:00:00 pm
    • Alberta
    more
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 12:06:23 pm »
https://REDThanos.com
https://www.facebook.com/arsalan.lavang.9

"My heart bursts into starlight,
like collapsing ecstasy."

• Jpdoescoffee
  • Waygookin

• November 15, 2019, 01:48:29 pm
    • Pohang
    more
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 12:10:21 pm »
As a Korean American in Korea, the biggest teaching i had to give myself was to tell myself and believe in “bitch, i dont give a flying ****” (but minus the “bitch” cuz empower women lol).
Just gotta do you, and forget them Korean bs.
I know it’s much harder to actually believe and live this way. Even im still struggling everyday.
But can’t let the toxic korean society get to you

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 01:59:38 pm »

I'm pretty live and let live and you know my political tendencies.
Dude, you don't have political tendencies.  What you have is a pathology.

But, you are quite correct about the OP a few posts above.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 02:16:30 pm »
Koreans fake their emotions so much. They'll smile all day long but you can tell when it's fake and when it's genuine. I think they feel threatened when Westerners are more likely to show their real emotions, like anger/boredom/happiness. Anyway you can try and be like Koreans and just ignore 99% of what Koreans say about you.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 03:13:30 pm »

Do you or gogators ever reply to someone with anything other than an ad hominem attack? Do you guys do the same thing in your personal and professional lives, or is it just on waygook? You have to know that it doesn't paint your personality or intellectual capacity in a favorable light, right?

Like, everything you say is a clear cut argument from fallacy. How does that not embarrass you?
Does your wife submit to you?

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 03:23:53 pm »
Koreans fake their emotions so much. They'll smile all day long but you can tell when it's fake and when it's genuine. I think they feel threatened when Westerners are more likely to show their real emotions, like anger/boredom/happiness. Anyway you can try and be like Koreans and just ignore 99% of what Koreans say about you.
The first part I would agree with. There are expectations to have a certain outlook. Similar to 1950s "Perfect Home" personas or social media these days.

The second part about them being threatened or that westerners always show their real emotions is the "lets take the explanation that puts us in the best possible light and the one that puts them in the worst"kind of thinking that is far too common here.

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 03:25:40 pm »

This is because Kpoop is not a person, just trying to have a good day and start it off with a smile. 

Well then enjoy
https://youtu.be/ITJlByULnhY

If you try to get me banned for this, I don't blame you... :wink:

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 04:09:21 pm »

Do you or gogators ever reply to someone with anything other than an ad hominem attack? Do you guys do the same thing in your personal and professional lives, or is it just on waygook? You have to know that it doesn't paint your personality or intellectual capacity in a favorable light, right?

Like, everything you say is a clear cut argument from fallacy. How does that not embarrass you?
Sez you!
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 04:17:00 pm »

A selection from your first page of comments:

Mate, you seriously need a vacation or something. Take care of yourself.

Dude, you are one vain, vacuous, shallow human.

I'll take a wild guess that you know as much about hunting as you do about politics.

Right. They are too busy learning about spelling, punctuation, capital letters etc. I know your country (the name of which you cannot spell) doesn't have the greatest education system, but that's not stopping you from picking up a book today, is it?

How soft are you? Tapioca? Velour? 

Your point was?

PS: See what you find on my first page...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:30:44 pm by Mr C »
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 04:52:07 pm »

I'll take a wild guess that you know as much about hunting as you do about politics.

Right. They are too busy learning about spelling, punctuation, capital letters etc. I know your country (the name of which you cannot spell) doesn't have the greatest education system, but that's not stopping you from picking up a book today, is it?

Your point was?

You.... you literally just.... you just.... you actually replied with an argumentum ad hominem. I.... have no words. You've moved me from agnostic to atheist, congratulations.
Does your wife submit to you?

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Mouseville
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 05:01:57 pm »

Your point was?

You.... you literally just.... you just.... you actually replied with an argumentum ad hominem. I.... have no words. You've moved me from agnostic to atheist, congratulations.

What just happened, here?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 05:45:55 pm »

Your point was?

You are aware that each of those comments of yours is an ad hominem attack, right?  You just complained that I had made an ad hominem attack--not even one against you.  I just kind of thought you might be embarrassed by your hypocrisy and, y'know, go away or something.

To be crystal clear, in the last 20 of your posts, you committed five attacks on individuals (plus one on Irish women that we won't count).  In my previous 20 posts, I referred negatively to DMT's political "tendencies" and called him clueless (which he has called me a hundred times)--so, at most two.

"First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." 
-Mr.DeMartino