Read 550 times

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 19, 2010, 01:57:27 pm
    more
Getting a certified copy of a CRC from the POE
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:01:40 pm »
So, I'm changing jobs and the new school wants a CRC from back home (haven't lived there for a decade, on an F visa etc). My current one, dating from around 2012 or 2013...is with the POE.
Rather than Necro-ing an old thread from 2015 ( https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=84975.0 ), I was wondering if anyone currently still here had requested a certified copy of their old CRC from their POE, and if so, how did you go about doing it?
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: Getting a certified copy of a CRC from the POE
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:37:40 pm »
Had this happen to me.

Normally, I've used a certified copy from Immigration to give to the POE.

This time they said No, which is funny cause I submitted the same docs to the same POE just over 1 year ago in my old position.

I've gone through the process of applying for a new CRC (like you haven't lived there for a decade and not visited for a couple of years) so I had to provide proof of identity and needed to have my ARC translated as proof of my address.

Been a right pain in the ass.

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

more
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:17:02 am »
Had this happen to me.

Normally, I've used a certified copy from Immigration to give to the POE.

This time they said No, which is funny cause I submitted the same docs to the same POE just over 1 year ago in my old position.

I've gone through the process of applying for a new CRC (like you haven't lived there for a decade and not visited for a couple of years) so I had to provide proof of identity and needed to have my ARC translated as proof of my address.

Been a right pain in the ass.

The last time I handed a CRC in was when I moved provinces way back in 2012. Didn't know any better and handed a new one to the new PoE, not knowing that I could have just got a certified copy from immigration. Been with the same PoE since then, so haven't had to bother with this hoop jumping for quite a while. This time, I'm trying to find out how to get the last submitted one from the PoE

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 08:40:53 am »
it's up to the poe or moe.  the certified copies and the use of common sense (haven't left the country) is supposed to be enough for them.  but , they can request new copies of your crc if they feel like it.  :(

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

more
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:46:09 am »
It's not a problem for my new school. They'll accept a copy from my soon to be old POE. I'm trying to figure out the process of getting a copy from them though and was wondering how others did it. Information seems to be pretty sparse.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:56:04 am »
It depends on your POE, but in Gangwon there is a form that you can email to the head coordinator for those copies.

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

more
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 04:05:25 pm »
Got my answer. Immigration should have what I'm after. Not my most recent one, but the original at the very least. The POE route turned out to be a dead end as Gyeonggi doesn't appear to keep the docs on its teachers.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 08:23:22 am »
that's good to hear that you got your answer.   as of now, immigration allows everyone to get certified copies of their documents.   the problem is always who you end up having to deal with at the poe or moe. 
if someone hasn't left the country, the certified documents are supposed to be enough.  but the poe or moe can still request new copies.  i've seen others have to do this and it's always a mixed response.  left hand not talking to the right hand...