• SPQR
  • Super Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
Korean police not serious about 20 high-risk fugitives
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:24:47 pm »

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2020/01/251_281265.html

If the police were serious, this document would be in English(the
international language) as well as Korean.

As it is the two million-plus waygooks in this country couldn't give
a shit about these guys.

Korean police-work at its finest.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Korean police not serious about 20 high-risk fugitives
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:33:21 pm »
I mean, the picture is more important. If I saw a guy I'd tell the police it was guy number 16. The name isn't really important, the picture is.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 01:33:33 pm »
The majority of foreigners in Korea do not speak English. If they wanted to get the message out, they would be better off using Chinese.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 02:04:48 pm »
Yeah, I don't see anything in this.  Would I need to know his crimes before I decide to finger the guy? 

And, yeah, it's definitely No. 16.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:07:57 pm »
Looking at the photo, it's clear that there is ample space to double the amount of text without compromising the size of the photo IDs, which are just minor details compared to such things as totally unique and unchangeable details such as "Name: Park Jong Yoon. Crime: Muder"

Now all I do as a foreigner is track down the one guy in Korea named Park Jong Yoon. And thanks to knowing his crime I can do that.

They should just get rid of the photo altogether to get more English on there because as we all know, there's a bunch of NETs, US soldiers, and expat workers with intense ties to the underbelly of Korean society who would likely come across such people and take an interest and not just dismiss them as "yet another random ajosshi". That and the average English speaker's familiarity with recognizing the different dialects of Korean.

Good grief this gripe is monumentally ridiculous. You know, before bashing the Korean police, you might want to step back and think about things before you proclaim yourself the next Sherlock Holmes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:12:32 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 02:15:16 pm »
They should just get rid of the photo altogether to get more English on there because as we all know, there's a bunch of NETs, US soldiers, and expat workers with intense ties to the underbelly of Korean society who would likely come across such people and take an interest and not just dismiss them as "yet another random ajosshi".

Yeah, if there was a true danger that the English community actually deal with, we'd hear about it. on Facebook or something. It would be a group of guys with a gun of something and it would spread in EVERY language.

But yeah, these guys aren't going to be hiding out in Humphrey's or Itaewon. As far as looking for the criminal mastermind that is Mr. Park, the shady accountant embezzler, we're pretty useless.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 02:19:21 pm »
Yeah, I don't see anything in this.  Would I need to know his crimes before I decide to finger the guy? 

Judging by martin's post below, I think it's him.  He did three 'normal' paragraphs and then panicked in his fourth. 

Good grief this gripe is monumentally ridiculous. You know, before bashing the Korean police, you might want to step back and think about things before you proclaim yourself the next Sherlock Holmes.

Guilty, he's deflecting.  Get him!

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 02:50:56 pm »

Judging by martin's post below, I think it's him.  He did three 'normal' paragraphs and then panicked in his fourth. 

Speaking of guilty, didn't I see Bob Mortimer talking about a lady dumping a jar of cockroaches on your head in court?

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 07:02:20 pm »
Is there a law that when a Korean gets their photo taken, they have to look as emotionless as possible, and it has to be photoshopped? At least #4 looks happy and like he is living his best life.

It's not just mug shots (most of these don't look like mug shots), there's like a whole Korean art form of making heavily photoshopped passport photos. The ones I got for my Korean driver's license were hilarious, I looked like a different person. Often you get these funny headshot photos in Koreatimes articles for the author.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 07:05:12 pm by MayorHaggar »
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 07:51:40 pm »
Most taxi license photos look like the driverís grandson!

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »
Is there a law that when a Korean gets their photo taken, they have to look as emotionless as possible, and it has to be photoshopped? At least #4 looks happy and like he is living his best life.

It's not just mug shots (most of these don't look like mug shots), there's like a whole Korean art form of making heavily photoshopped passport photos. The ones I got for my Korean driver's license were hilarious, I looked like a different person. Often you get these funny headshot photos in Koreatimes articles for the author.

I know it's the law thst when you get a US passport you have to be expressionless. ID photos aren't a playground.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 06:03:26 pm »

I know it's the law that when you get a US passport you have to be expressionless. ID photos aren't a playground.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:04:40 am »

I know it's the law that when you get a US passport you have to be expressionless. ID photos aren't a playground.

Quote something. Wtf are these posts? I see them all the time. Wtf are you doing?

Spellcheck your shit. Jesus f'ing Christ

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 06:55:52 am »

Was that necessary, CO2?

It is rather offensive to me and other Christians on this site. If you choose to swear, that is your choice, but at least respect that others may be offended by what you say and choose your words carefully.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 07:39:51 am »
as we all know, there's a bunch of NETs, US soldiers, and expat workers with intense ties to the underbelly of Korean society who would likely come across such people and take an interest and not just dismiss them as "yet another random ajosshi".

Personally I'd find it pretty hard to dismiss the hairstyle of number 8

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 07:53:38 am »

Quote something. Wtf are these posts? I see them all the time. Wtf are you doing?

lol he was trying to edit his post but he quoted himself instead.

Western passport photos:  :lipsrsealed:

Korean passport photos:  >:(
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 10:09:23 am »
On a loosely related note, what the hell is going on with those Korean Instagram photos that are so heavily filtered the people (usually women) look like CGI? I'm sure filtering is popular outside of Korea but I've never seen it taken to such an extreme degree.

Presumably some Koreans also think it's ridiculous, but I've never seen / heard it come up. I can't imagine that everyone's like, "Oh great, a new photo of JiMin tilting her head and pouting in a chain cafe. Wow, she looks like a blurry, featureless cartoon character with lips so red she looks diseased. Fabulous!"

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 11:49:19 am »

lol he was trying to edit his post but he quoted himself instead.

Western passport photos:  :lipsrsealed:

Korean passport photos:  >:(

Yeah I was using my phone for that one. Shit got screwed up. My bad.

• Fidel
  • Newgookin

• January 05, 2020, 07:44:59 am
    • Nz
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 01:16:44 pm »
Interesting gripe, reminds me of a blackadder episode involving a sharpened mango, a pygmy and colonialism. Did you know that the official language of Korea is Korean?  The vast majority of people who live in Korea are native Korean speakers.  English speakers make up only a teenie tiny % of the population.  If you are so interested in their crimes try using google translate.   Good luck catching these crims!

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 07:07:27 am »

Speaking of guilty, didn't I see Bob Mortimer talking about a lady dumping a jar of cockroaches on your head in court?

Guilty.  Watching that bit again, I'm a bit disappointed I didn't call myself 'Broccoli Highkicks' which is way better.

Bob Mortimer is seriously one of the most brilliant and lovely people around.   :-*  Seeing him of 'Would I lie to You' is a guaranteed brilliant episode.  Also Vic and Bob  :-*