Read 2793 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Is This True or Just Paranoid LandLord?
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 03:24:20 pm »
dope website rec. thanks co2:)

No sweat.

It's a good resource for art cinemas.

I go to CGV for 90% of my films, they have the Arthouse series at many locations and they are the only chain with IMAX rights. CGV has ticketing in English and you just need your card to pay, no certs. :)

I'll use cineinkorea for Emu Cinema/Geondae Cinematheque and Seoul Cinematheque. They use Yes24 and Max Movie for ticketing and the websites are a nightmare of classic, Korean online transactions. Guy at Cineinkorea charges 1500 on top of the ticket price and texts you a code to show the box office when you go to the cinema.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »
But does it have subs?  I called Olleh TV to ask if they offer Korean movies with English subtitles and they said Nah.  I looked on google play and youtube and they offer no English subs as of now.  Ugh I'm thinking of torrenting it.  I would like to see it before I leave.

Yeah, she said yesterday that it does have English subtitles. Another Korean friend of mine also told me a few days ago that there's a small indie theater (not a mainstream movie theater like CGV) near his home that is also showing it with English subtitles, but I don't know where that theater is.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:48:21 pm by Mezoti97 »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 04:55:28 pm »
Yeah, she said yesterday that it does have English subtitles. Another Korean friend of mine also told me a few days ago that there's a small indie theater (not a mainstream movie theater like CGV) near his home that is also showing it with English subtitles, but I don't know where that theater is.
It ain't a CGV then.

This is where the indie place is: (pic attached)
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 07:28:14 am »
Little update on my situation:   Called my landlord,  they didn't answer.  Texted messaged them on Friday morning and then mid morning got a call from some number not on my phone.  It was a guy.  My co-worker told him my situation and he ask for my door code.  By the time I came home my room felt warm on the floor and the present temp went from 14 to 17.  Ran the boiler for the rest of the night and the temp FINALLY IN A LONG TIME MATCH THE "hope temp 희망" in the room.  Now my room is too hot  :laugh:  Landlord never told me anything, boiler man never told me anything.  So I'm just going to assume it was fixed by my apartment no questions asked. 

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 07:33:14 am »
It ain't a CGV then.

This is where the indie place is: (pic attached)

I said a Korean co-worker friend told me that the CGV near 혜화 station is playing "Parasite" with English subtitles, and that another Korean friend told me that an indie theater near where he lives is also playing "Parasite" with English subtitles -- I never said the latter was a CGV.

Another Korean friend of mine also told me a few days ago that there's a small indie theater (not a mainstream movie theater like CGV) near his home that is also showing it with English subtitles, but I don't know where that theater is.