Read 587 times

Pension requirement for part time work on F6 visa
« on: December 13, 2019, 03:36:56 pm »
I recently started a new part time job. It's only 11hrs/wk and i am the only foreign teacher. I think, aside from me, there is only the director(who also teaches) and one other Korean teacher. As far as i know there are no other employees....not even bus drivers.

Is it mandatory to contribute to pension while on an F6? If so, should each part time job, one might have,pay 50% of the contribution? Or so i pay it all?

For the time being i plan on having one part-time job and filling in free time with private lessons. My income may vary considerably from month to month. I could possibly pick up a second pt job at some point.

I've also signed up for NHI. I guess I'm covered under my wife. We pay very little. I'm not sure what we pay is based on. She has been unemployed for several months and i didnt work for 2 months(Oct, Nov). Perhaps it was based on reported income for the last 3 months?

• jupinkorea
  • Super Waygook

• June 04, 2012, 05:25:32 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Re: Pension requirement for part time work on F6 visa
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 04:54:06 pm »
The employer doesn't have to pay pension in this case, because it is below the amount of hours needed to be classed as a full time job. I know I hire someone on the same amount of hours and are not required to, however you can pay yourself.
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 01:31:17 am »
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Do you know im required to pay into it myself? Or is it optional?

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 08:37:17 pm »
I recently started a new part time job. It's only 11hrs/wk and i am the only foreign teacher. I think, aside from me, there is only the director(who also teaches) and one other Korean teacher. As far as i know there are no other employees....not even bus drivers.

Is it mandatory to contribute to pension while on an F6? If so, should each part time job, one might have,pay 50% of the contribution? Or so i pay it all?

For the time being i plan on having one part-time job and filling in free time with private lessons. My income may vary considerably from month to month. I could possibly pick up a second pt job at some point.

I've also signed up for NHI. I guess I'm covered under my wife. We pay very little. I'm not sure what we pay is based on. She has been unemployed for several months and i didnt work for 2 months(Oct, Nov). Perhaps it was based on reported income for the last 3 months?

It isn't mandatory to pay pension.
Health Insurance for your wife (if she doesn't work) will depend on her age I guess and also her assets. If you live in a monthly rent situation, it will be super cheap. If you got Jeonse, it will go up quite a bit and of course it will vary depending on how much exactly your deposit is. And finally, when you own a home, it will go up again considerably. The value of the property will matter here is well. And there are some other factors that could affect the monthly contribution. I think owning a car would also cause an increase. But the main part is the housing situation. I remember back in the day when we paid weolse, our insurance was 20k or so/month.
You are right, you can be covered under your wife. It doesn't matter if she works or pays the insurance herself. You, as a spouse are also eligible. You do need to apply for it though.

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
millenials not saving up for their pensions is a ticking time bomb.
FYI full UK state pension amounts to as little as 1 million won, and that's if you stayed in the UK for all of your life.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/retirees-in-these-countries-receive-100-of-a-working-salary/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDveK6oWN5w
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:09:24 pm by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis