Read 226 times

• bb459
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
    • South Korea
I'm with EPIK. Feb 2019-Feb 2020 contract.

There is a large company (airlines) in the states I have a phone interview with this week.
I have to fill out my full employment history.

"Were you a Temp/Contractor?
 Yes     No
If yes you MUST provide the name and full contact information of the agency below."

They will make calls to all my former employers of the past 5 years to verify my employment.
I don't know who/what to put for my time here with EPIK.
"Company/School/Military Branch"

Any advice/help on this is greatly appreciated.

Re: EPIk teacher - How does a company in the US verify my employment here?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 02:49:36 pm »
your Office of Education is your current employer and would be able to verify employment status

each MOE/POE may have a slightly different protocol, though so I would contact the local POE/MOE coordinator and ask them about it

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:56:06 pm »
Hello! I used to work for an airline and they do a DETAILED background check.  Just as a warning, If you don't provide the correct information, it could cost you the job. My friend's high school could not verify them (lost paperwork) and they could not attend training (even though said person attended college). Here is my advice:

1. You are a contracted teacher so you are not a temp or independent contractor etc.
2. If you work for a public school write the office of education as your employer (because they have your contract). I would also include your school name if possible. If you work for a hagwon, military base, or international school this may be different.
3.  For the phone number, you will want to give them the name of the person who has an official copy of your contact (office of education advisor or principal).
4. I would advise you to give them the phone number of someone who speaks English (so if your principal does not, then that's a no go).
5. Inform the person you are giving an airline their phone number so they are prepared to answer questions.
6. If you are still in Korea, try to obtain a background check from a police station and have it notarized in case something goes wrong.

• bb459
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 03:36:42 pm »
wow thank you!