Read 921 times

• qoheleth0
  • Newgookin

• February 23, 2018, 01:19:03 pm
    • Gyeonggi
EPIK Renewal-Gyeonggi-do
« on: December 05, 2019, 02:03:13 pm »
Has anyone with EPIK in Gyeonggi-do gotten information about renewals? Nothing so far at my school. All of the admin at my school seems to be clueless but agrees that it seems to be late given that there's usually some kind of initial documentation around November.

Re: EPIK Renewal-Gyeonggi-do
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:19:38 pm »
The intent to renew forms, along with the form stating whether or not you'd like to renew with your current school or to be transferred to a different school, should have been received by now.

Contact your EPIK coordinator first, to confirm. If the forms have been sent out, then your coteacher should have received an email about it and needs to follow up with whomever to get those documents.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 02:22:32 pm »
Yeah Chinguetti is right.  I heard they stop taking in applications at the end of January.  But my school needed to know about if I was staying of leaving because they need to find another teacher soon.  So yeah you should know by now.  You need to let your co-teacher know you intend on staying. 

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »
I asked my school weeks ago since my friend in Seoul was already receiving stuff in October. A few weeks ago my coteacher told me (and showed me the proof) that they had let the office of education know that they wanted to renew me, but hadn't received anything from the office. About a week ago I asked about it again, but they still hadn't received anything. Finally my handler told me last Friday (Nov 29) that the office contacted them and said they'd be sending the contract either this week or next. I'm not sure if that's the actual contract, or just the intent to renew form, or what since my handler's English isn't the best and he might have meant something else but didn't know how to say it, but something should be coming soon. As of now I still haven't gotten anything, so I'm hoping it will come next week. If they don't tell me anything by wednesday, I'm going to ask them again to remind them since sometimes they can be a little forgetful.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:47:46 pm by brookelynneliza »

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 02:46:35 pm »
Yeah I 'm in Gyeonggi and last year got my form in late October.  However, I'm not renewing this year and assumed I just wouldn't receive the form or something...but I've heard from a lot of people they haven't received it yet.  I wonder why it's so late this year?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 02:46:35 pm »
The intent to renew forms, along with the form stating whether or not you'd like to renew with your current school or to be transferred to a different school, should have been received by now.

Contact your EPIK coordinator first, to confirm. If the forms have been sent out, then your coteacher should have received an email about it and needs to follow up with whomever to get those documents.

I know in Jeollanamdo, there was a heads up about renewal paperwork coming late (sometime in January), I wonder if it's possible it will be late in Gyeonggi-do also?
But yeah, the best advice would be to ask you coordinator about it.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 02:51:33 pm »

I know in Jeollanamdo, there was a heads up about renewal paperwork coming late (sometime in January), I wonder if it's possible it will be late in Gyeonggi-do also?
But yeah, the best advice would be to ask you coordinator about it.

Very possible. And I wouldn't put it past Gyeonggi-do to be doing this but not communicating about it to the schools. That place is... special, to put it mildly.

Asking the coordinator will at least help clear up a few things, especially if there's been a  miscommunication (or lack of communication) that could end up screwing the OP over later.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:53:34 pm by Chinguetti »

• qoheleth0
  • Newgookin

• February 23, 2018, 01:19:03 pm
    • Gyeonggi
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 02:54:15 pm »
Funny how this worked out, but I just got a straight answer from a co teacher about 30 minutes after I posted this. Only took 4 weeks for them to finally figure this out. Anyway, apparently the Office of Ed. is sending out the intent to renew forms within the next 2 weeks.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 10:44:51 am »
Renewals are here today! Tell your CTs to check their e-mail!