Read 602 times

• cattato
  • Waygookin

• January 16, 2019, 05:12:45 am
    • South Korea
Frozen 2 camp ideas?
« on: November 29, 2019, 02:21:18 pm »
I'm teaching 3rd-6th grade elementary for 2 days for 2 hours straight for each group. (ugh im dreading it so bad)How they grouped the classes really makes my life harder. It's 3rd grade by themselves and 4th-6th grade together. Anyway, I have a lot of stuff for my 3rd graders that ive pulled from waygook and kor  share.  My main problem is vocab for 4th-6th grade. My horrible cot is giving me another chance to submit my lesson plan next week.  So my question is what vocab could I do for the higher grades.  All the ones for 3rd grade is only useable for the 4th graders but it's really gonna bore the 5th and 6th graders. (which is why they should be with the 3rd graders but whatever.) I feel like I should just cater to 5th and 6th grade and the 4th graders can just deal with it. But yeah any suggestions?

• Stefaneekaye
  • Adventurer

• August 31, 2018, 11:14:30 am
    • Dangjin, South Korea
    more
Re: Frozen 2 camp ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:15:30 am »
Use the same vocab for 4th grade that you are using for 3rd, and add additional vocab for 5th and 6th. The lower level will be a review for them but a good level for the 4th graders and the 5/6 level will give challenge to higher level 4th graders. It can work for both.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 02:01:07 pm »
I guess depending on the level of the 4/5/6 grade you could use words like temperature, snowflakes, fahrenheit, celsius, icicle ( use a clip from the movie if they don't understand), vacation. I'm sure there is more but I don't know how you are leading your camp. Hope this helps.

• starryella
  • Explorer

• November 07, 2019, 04:29:39 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:34 pm »
I'm doing Frozen camp as well. I am doing it for grades 3-4 only, but maybe it could be helpful to design some of your activities toward each grade level? For example, I am going to do a "Save Elsa" treasure hunt or whatever, and I have this symbol key where they have to decode the clues. Since it's for my grades 3-4, the clues will be super simple (literally telling them where to go next and they just have to read it), but you could do the same activity with grades 5-6 and give them harder clues.

I know that's a lot of extra work and you'd have to iron out the details for each activity but maybe doing activities where you can add/remove challenges could get all your grade levels on somewhat of the same page.