Read 6141 times

Health check for f6 visa holders
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:30:26 pm »
Is the health check required by the ministry of education the same as what e2 visa holder needs to do for immigration?

공무원 채용 검사 is what i think is required as an f visa holder but my recruiter insists it's not correct.

Any light to spread on the subject?

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: Health check for f6 visa holders
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 08:47:17 am »
Itís the same health check if youíre planning on working with children.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 09:52:25 am »
I did a health-check for an H2 Visa holder even though I hold the F-6. Cost me 65,000 won.

Includes your regular health screening but also the drug testing (Pee in the cup not a stick variety). I assume that's all that the Office of Education cares about i.e. not being a drug addict or AIDS carrying.

Just told the hospital that I went to that I needed to do a health screening with drug testing. They said do the H2 visa one.

I always find there is confusion when F-6ers try to do a health check and the hospital staff can't get past the fact that you're ARC states F-6 and not E-2 and are adamant that you need to do the E-2 health check.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:54:10 pm by Savant »

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 06:48:49 pm »
Is the health check required by the ministry of education the same as what e2 visa holder needs to do for immigration?

공무원 채용 검사 is what i think is required as an f visa holder but my recruiter insists it's not correct.

Any light to spread on the subject?

I suspect it's a 공무원 채용신체 검사서 which is not the same as the one an E2 does for immigration.  I had this one done for an after-school requirement in September.  It is just blood checking (not anything serious or illegal), chest x-ray and sight.  That's it.  The cost would depend on where you have it done.  You go back the next day to pick up the results in an envelope. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 09:25:13 pm »
check with your employer, yeah. i usually just get the 건강진단서. blood, urine, xray. maybe 10k (or less)?

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 08:56:34 am »
There are two health checks. One is required by NHI and the other is for your employer and should be stated in the contract. Maybe ask to see. For me, I need a drug test and that is it. It costs around 10,000 won.  If you haven't had the other, you may also need to get tested for TB (chest x-ray).