Read 384 times

Can't access NH account/coupang from the USA
« on: May 04, 2022, 04:51:17 am »
If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I AM GOING CRAZY!

The gist:

I finished up my contract and returned home to the states.

I cancelled my Korean phone number a week prior to leaving and just went about with my American sim card.

I was going to transfer all of my money to my American bank, however (here's where one of the big issues lie in) rocket coupang was still being deducted from my account so I didn't want to send it all home and have nothing for that to be deducted from.

For some reason I CANNOT ACCESS MY COUPANG ACCOUNT NOW! It's telling me that the email isn't correct (it is, I have all of the emails from them to prove it) and is saying that I need to verify using my phone number (which I don't have anymore). I contacted them and they are telling me to cancel my account/how to and I don't think that they're understanding that I can't even access it (login). I said forget it and just decided to go about sending all my money home.

NEXT PROBLEM:
My NH banking app is now telling me that I put in the wrong pin (WHICH IT'S NOT ) It is also saying that I need to verify using my phone number (WHICH I DON'T HAVE ANYMOREEEEEEEEE)

Anyways I am going in circles and just so annoyed and don't know what to do anymore. It's a significant amount of money so I want to get it out. I tried accessing the NH bank on the computer but it won't even load for me.

Please if anyone has any advice, or even an English helpline number/email I can contact, I wold greatly appreciate it.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Can't access NH account/coupang from the USA
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 07:45:26 am »
Sorry to hear you're going through this.  Please remember folks to send it all home before you leave.
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 10:25:29 pm »
I figured it out! I called the bank and the guy (a bit rude btw) basically told me that I'd have to go to the bank in Korea. I was like I know banking there is a hot mess but really??? 10 minutes later, and a lot of perusal of the app, I was able to reset things without my phone number. Keep all your banking documents guys!

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 12:13:39 pm »
I figured it out! I called the bank and the guy (a bit rude btw) basically told me that I'd have to go to the bank in Korea. I was like I know banking there is a hot mess but really??? 10 minutes later, and a lot of perusal of the app, I was able to reset things without my phone number. Keep all your banking documents guys!

Many service Korean people try to avoid doing any work or anything complicated.  They get lazy fast.  In Korea you learn to have a backbone and to be pushy to get through and to overcome their refusal to lift a finger to help you.  So, my point is good for you.  Glad to hear you didn't take no for an answer and kept pushing. 
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are still blocked and I can't see them.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 04:21:51 pm »
I have NH account and I am concerned about this also. Is there is an NH service available in US?