Read 910 times

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
bi-weekly bi-monthly
« on: November 04, 2019, 07:10:45 am »
I just got finished editing a paper for a local NPO and changed some awkward language about meeting times to bi-weekly and bi-monthly.

I had always believed that this meant "every two" weeks or months. However, I looked it up to be certain as it's an important document that is off to the UN in Europe and it has to be clear.

Lo and behold, bi-weekly or bi-monthly (presumably bi-annually) can mean either every 2 weeks or twice a week. The same goes for bi-monthly, twice a month or every 2 months.

I don't get it and I disagree.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: bi-weekly bi-monthly
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 07:53:13 am »
    Yeah, I've seen it used either way. It can be pretty confusing.
    ...But, it's a great term to use when determining the division of labour wrt household chores with the S.O.!  :wink:

The real question, of course, is whether bisexual mean "twice sexual", or "once every 2 sexual".

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 12:32:03 pm »
    Yeah, I've seen it used either way. It can be pretty confusing.
    ...But, it's a great term to use when determining the division of labour wrt household chores with the S.O.!  :wink:

The real question, of course, is whether bisexual mean "twice sexual", or "once every 2 sexual".

haha....well said

Begging the obvious, does tri-sexual mean males, females and shemales? Or simply, "will try anything"?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:42:56 pm »
Begging the obvious, does tri-sexual mean males, females and shemales? Or simply, "will try anything"?
I'm a bit shaky on the terminology, but I'd guess that it's for people who want to try sex, but haven't yet.  :smiley: