Read 2632 times

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: Lest We Forget
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2019, 03:54:37 pm »
This may sound extremely strange to some, most, or all, but I never joined the military because there was no war going on I could get involved in at the time. Yeah..I've got it in me.......were I lucky enough to have been born 10 years prior I would have jumped into Vietnam with both feet.

Convenient. "I would have joined, but there weren't any wars!"

You know as well as I do, you were never going to join. And if there was a draft you would have dodged it. Don't lie to us bro. We've built a community of truth and good stories here and it's unacceptable to just come in here making up lies.

Joining the military.....lol. You're priceless LIC.

Say what you will, think what you will, I don't care.

As has been mentioned here by my lessers, I am a bitter angry old man. I haven't killed anybody because I'd go to jail and I don't want to go to jail. However, imagine killing someone without the threat of going to jail because you're in a war. That would be powerful. An aphrodisiac better than sex, drugs or rock n roll. Omnipotence. Deified. I went to a recruitment center and talked to the sarge. They had nothing to offer a university educated, tri-lingual (English French, German) Canadian but a desk job. I can do that without the marching and saluting my lessers.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2019, 04:33:24 pm »
This may sound extremely strange to some, most, or all, but I never joined the military because there was no war going on I could get involved in at the time. Yeah..I've got it in me.......were I lucky enough to have been born 10 years prior I would have jumped into Vietnam with both feet.

You know as well as I do, you were never going to join. And if there was a draft you would have dodged it. Don't lie to us bro. We've built a community of truth and good stories here and it's unacceptable to just come in here making up lies.

As has been mentioned here by my lessers, I am a bitter angry old man. I haven't killed anybody because I'd go to jail and I don't want to go to jail. However, imagine killing someone without the threat of going to jail because you're in a war. That would be powerful. An aphrodisiac better than sex, drugs or rock n roll. Omnipotence. Deified. I went to a recruitment center and talked to the sarge. They had nothing to offer a university educated, tri-lingual (English French, German) Canadian but a desk job. I can do that without the marching and saluting my lessers.

Oh dear.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2019, 02:07:14 am »

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2019, 07:48:26 am »

You know, most people try to maintain anonymity on this site, so you might want to ask yourself if it was a good idea to reveal your identity.

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2019, 12:15:29 pm »
Nah...Sly is way badder than me at my very worst. I like to flirt with disaster on occasion, but I'm not insane.

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2019, 01:15:22 pm »
imagine killing someone without the threat of going to jail because you're in a war. That would be powerful. An aphrodisiac better than sex, drugs or rock n roll. Omnipotence. Deified.
I like to flirt with disaster on occasion, but I'm not insane.
you are quite the character

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 02:09:53 pm »
imagine killing someone without the threat of going to jail because you're in a war. That would be powerful. An aphrodisiac better than sex, drugs or rock n roll. Omnipotence. Deified.
I like to flirt with disaster on occasion, but I'm not insane.
you are quite the character

True that. I just did a 1000 km motorbike trip through the jungle in SE Asia and lived. Heading north into the mountains for Christmas.