Read 168 times

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Washington Nationals win the World Series
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:38:35 pm »
Congrats to the Nats they played like champs and came back to win.

Makes me feel nostalgic. The Nationals were once the Montreal Expos, my favourite team, and if not for the strike season when the Expos were gonna win the National League for sure and almost certainly win the World Series, they'd still be in Montreal.

Jarry Park was a great place to watch a ball game. It was nothing like a baseball park these days and that's what made it special. It was like a backyard field.

The Big Owe, however..............

Re: Washington Nationals win the World Series
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:18 pm »
What might have been: The 2014 Tigers rotation- Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez, Porcello, Price, Smyly.

It was a great series, but it doesn't top 1924 with Walter Johnson. That being said, Washington teams, and by extension the Twins, have produced some great series.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 01:15:43 pm »
Johnson lost both of the games he started in the '24 series. It ended nice and dramatically, since game seven went into extra innings, but the Nats just became the first team to win a title with 4 wins on the road. That's impressive. More impressive still, given they were a wild card team who had lost their superstar in the offseason and then started this season going like 19 and 31. They played in five elimination games in the playoffs, and still came out on top. That's nuts.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 01:53:03 pm »
BOTH teams won their games on the road...a first. 

The Astros were/are stacked and were the favorites....baseball is beautiful and one can never count out a wild card team. 

I wonder how Bryce Harper feels right now///

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:07:15 pm »

I wonder how Bryce Harper feels right now///

For real, hahahaha.

...well, probably happy with his $300mil, but still.