Read 2286 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Do you sleep with your window open?
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2019, 04:04:57 pm »
well that's why i bought one, really. plus you're DEFINITELY going to get mould if you don't open your windows while drying your clothes

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2019, 06:14:50 pm »
well that's why i bought one, really. plus you're DEFINITELY going to get mould if you don't open your windows while drying your clothes

That's what the balcony is for. :)

I have three reasons against dehumidifiers:
- they increase the room temperature which is not great during the already hot summer
- they are noisy so staying in the same room while one is running isn't really ideal
- they consume roughly the same amount of electricity as an energy efficient inverter A/C unit rated for the same sized area.

Running the A/C will also dehumidify your place and making it cooler at the same time thus keeping it mould free and comfy. It's quieter and doesn't use more energy. And you don't need to buy another appliance which already saves you money. Only place I imagine a dehumidifier would be handy is a closed, unused room. Like in a closet room or something.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:40:27 pm by Lazio »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2019, 06:19:17 pm »
lazio everyone knows the balcony is for storing shit that you can't fit under the bed

actually, a closed, unused room (with the laundry) is exactly where my dehumidifier is used :p

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2019, 12:23:56 pm »

That's what the balcony is for. :)

I have three reasons against dehumidifiers:
- they increase the room temperature which is not great during the already hot summer
- they are noisy so staying in the same room while one is running isn't really ideal
- they consume roughly the same amount of electricity as an energy efficient inverter A/C unit rated for the same sized area.

Running the A/C will also dehumidify your place and making it cooler at the same time thus keeping it mould free and comfy. It's quieter and doesn't use more energy. And you don't need to buy another appliance which already saves you money. Only place I imagine a dehumidifier would be handy is a closed, unused room. Like in a closet room or something.

Careful not to talk too much about air conditioning or complain about it being too hot.  De  Martin     o will come on and flame you for not loving heat and tell you it's all in your head.  Mwa ha ha ha ha.......